My hyperactive dream self

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
tompine73

My hyperactive dream self

Postby tompine73 » 20 Apr 2014 13:21

My dream self always seems very busy. He (my dream self definitely seems like a separate entity to me) is always running around, playing football, having sex (occasionally) or surfing.

None of these seem particularly conducive to being reflective enough for him/me to see that I am dreaming.

Should I try to "induce" a dream where I am sat calmly reading a newspaper, looking at my watch, generally looking around and checking my hands?

imaginecinema

Re: My hyperactive dream self

Postby imaginecinema » 21 Apr 2014 05:09

I think you can realize you're dreaming in virtually any situation, as long as in your real life you can incorporate your reality checks into all of your activities, even your more busier activities.

tompine73

Re: My hyperactive dream self

Postby tompine73 » 21 Apr 2014 13:59

imaginecinema wrote:I think you can realize you're dreaming in virtually any situation, as long as in your real life you can incorporate your reality checks into all of your activities, even your more busier activities.

Ah yes, but this is where it gets a bit tricky. In real life I'm in a wheelchair and not particularly active (unlike the basketball playing type wheelchair users etc).

Fortunately (?) almost all of my dreams are doing the pre-accident activities I mentioned above. I very rarely dream about being in my wheelchair and if so it's often a bit odd like I'm pushing my wheelchair around.

Return to “For Beginners”