new lucid dream

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
jamesbrian

new lucid dream

Postby jamesbrian » 15 Apr 2014 21:34

I realized that I was dreaming in a place that I know & I after that I said to myself I should try new things so I tried to pass two fingers from my right hand in the palm of my left hand & the fingers didn't pass through the palm just the fingers pushed the palm,after that I went to ask someone (dream character) where do you live & when I asked him this question he ran after me holding a knife & threatening to kill me with the knife & I was afraid if he killed me I'll wake up so I keep running from him till I woke up

jamesbrian

Re: new lucid dream

Postby jamesbrian » 17 Apr 2014 17:31

I need your opinion guys

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 18 Apr 2014 00:44

jamesbrian wrote:I need your opinion guys

Opinion on what exactly?
Dreaming is my drug

jamesbrian

Postby jamesbrian » 18 Apr 2014 01:07

your opinion of my lucid dream?

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 19 Apr 2014 00:55

Seems like a failed RC followed by an encounter with a very angry DC
Dreaming is my drug

jamesbrian

Postby jamesbrian » 19 Apr 2014 02:48

and what do you think of the level of lucidity?

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 20 Apr 2014 23:57

jamesbrian wrote:and what do you think of the level of lucidity?

Hard to say, seems reasonably good though. You were lucid enough to perform a RC, however once you became afraid of the DC, potentially you lost a lot if not all of your lucidity there. Had you had a higher level of awareness, you would have realised that the DC could be stopped by thought or conversation.
Dreaming is my drug

jamesbrian

Postby jamesbrian » 21 Apr 2014 04:28

Yeah I guess you're right

jamesbrian

Postby jamesbrian » 23 Apr 2014 14:50

Guys,what is your opinion?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 24 Apr 2014 22:37

Failed reality checks arent uncommon. Seeing that one failed for you I strongly suggest not to do that reality check in future as for you, you cant trust that's going to work. So come up with another one to do for next time

when I asked him this question he ran after me holding a knife & threatening to kill me with the knife & I was afraid if he killed me I'll wake up so I keep running from him till I woke up

I myself wouldnt take that to mean that you werent thinking straight in this dream as maybe you truely did think with your normal waking self that if he killed you you'd wake up. I know for me being killed in a dream does always wake me up (I wake up just before I die) so that would be normal logical waking thinking for me. Only you know why you thought that if it was a dream thinking or more conscious thinking involved.

Running thou from something scary is never a good idea in a LD as one will often just keep being chased till the thing a person is scared of is faced. I suggest you think about your action and decide not to be doing this again. You need to do something about him next time.. there is many different ways you can do this
1/ Attack him back (but I personally dont suggest that unless you like fighting a scary DC)
2/ Change him to something else
3/ Try being friendly to him (may change how he is towards you) eg offer to join his gang or whatever.
4/ Bring the police or another into your dream to deal with the bad guy.
5/ Create a mishap to get rid of him eg falling branch of a tree could knock him out
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”