How Not To Be Tired In A Lucid Dream?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Jigsaw79

How Not To Be Tired In A Lucid Dream?

Postby Jigsaw79 » 21 Apr 2014 17:11

It's been a while since I've had a lucid dream, so it would be wonderful whenever I would have one. And, last night, I did. There's only one problem: I was too tired to do anything.

The dream went a bit like this:
I awake in my bed very tired. I then remember to do my reality check, which is pinching myself (yeah, I know it's a bad reality check). I pinch myself. I barely felt anything. So I do it a bit more, and I realize that I'm dreaming. I also try the put-two-fingers-against-hand-reality-check, but it didn't work. I wanted to get up, but I was too tired. And then my
"eyes" closed, and everything went black.

The problem I had was me being tired, too tired to get up and do anything. So is there a way not to wake up so tired? I probably woke up so tired because it was a false awakening, and so my mind wanted me to be tired for "waking up in the middle of the night." So is there a way to not be so tired?
Thanks.

Highlander

Re: How Not To Be Tired In A Lucid Dream?

Postby Highlander » 21 Apr 2014 17:53

One thing i didn't understand. You were tired... in the dream?

Jigsaw79

Postby Jigsaw79 » 21 Apr 2014 22:10

Highlander wrote:One thing i didn't understand. You were tired... in the dream?

Yes. I know, it's weird. And it was an overwhelming tiredness, which has never happened IRL, and my reality check lead me to believe it was a dream. Plus, also at the beginning, my eyes were closed, and it was pitch black. No bit of light, complete blackness. There usually wouldn't be complete blackness because I leave my monitor on at night. Maybe it was reality, I don't know. If it is, sorry for the inconvenience. I'll delete it if I need so.

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 21 Apr 2014 22:24

Yes, it's weird. When we go to sleep we are tired, of course, but that "tiredness" doesn't pass along into the dream. Well, maybe you weren't still dreaming. You were in between and you were still feeling the tiredness of waking life. You should continue to relax and wait for one of these things to happen:
-you fall asleep and you dream later (luckily you'll get lucid)
-you feel vibrations in your body and start to enter a dream (the WILD technique)

Jigsaw79

Postby Jigsaw79 » 21 Apr 2014 22:44

Thanks, Highlander. I was probably too tired to feel anything. XD Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for helping.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 25 Apr 2014 01:23

I then remember to do my reality check, which is pinching myself (yeah, I know it's a bad reality check). I pinch myself. I barely felt anything. So I do it a bit more, and I realize that I'm dreaming.

Any reality check which works for a person isnt a bad reality check!

Im wondering why you did that hand reality check after you already knew you were dreaming. Your need to do that would of been setting it up to fail but then maybe you did it due to feeling so tired and not thinking straight

I can feel very tired in some of my experiences. This happens cause even thou Ive gone to sleep, I still have awareness of how tired my normal physical being or waking conciousness was so it can infiltrate into the dream or experience. With some of these experiences Ive been so tired that I've just quit the experience I'd gone into as I decided I need to sleep.

Anyway. I just want to say it can be increased awareness of your body and how it is which can cause this to come into your dream eg if you actually did wake up to go to the loo or something, no doubt you'd be feeling very tired too so what Im saying is its this tiredness just transmitting into your dream but cause its a dream, your subconsciousness can intensify the feel and make it even worst.

One thing Ive found with this thou is it commonly happens in my OBEs and rarely happens in my LDs. I dont know how it is for others.

If it is just a dream you are having (I dont know if one could do this with an OBE) you could change your dream so you were no longer tired. To do that in a dream you'd need to believe you can change it and try eg You could try to manifest and take an "energy potion" in your dream to drink.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”