Drugs in a dream?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Jack Reacher

Drugs in a dream?

Postby Jack Reacher » 21 Jan 2012 05:09

Hey everyone, I just signed up on this site although I have been lurking for a while. I haven't seen much conversation about this so I thought I might spark up some interest after a weird dream I had last night. Now I don't want this topic to turn into a debate about drugs or whatever, I just want to know if anyone has experienced it.

I have done ecstacy before but I have quit, and it has been like a year since I have tried it. Yet sometimes I would have dreams where I would use it ( not lucid dreams) and I swear I felt like I was actually on it. I thought this might be normal so I ignored it.

However last night something really strange happened. I have never tried any serious drugs like cocaine or heroin etc, but last night as I was leaving a bar a bunch of Chinese people were smoking opium in a pipe. I decided to give it a whif and I felt really great, I feeling like I have never felt before and although I cant say for sure until I try opium, I wouldnt be surprised if the feeling was similar. I felt completely relaxed and everything was fuzzy and such, basically like I was on drugs.

Anyone else experince states that they have never had in the real world?
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Snaggle

Re: Drugs in a dream?

Postby Snaggle » 21 Jan 2012 14:52

Not drug states. I have been on high doses of morphine for a week. I was surprised that it did not affect my mood. A can of beer or glass of wine has more affect. Morphine is a decent pain killer, beyond that rather boring, still the people using it on youtube seem to be having fun. The follow up month's supply of percocet did not have any real affect either.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

yogithis

Postby yogithis » 22 Jan 2012 00:33

I've only ever smoked weed in dreams which always had the same effect as in real life. I think the experience you had whilst dreaming is an accurate description of opium. Within the dream your mind/body reacts as though it is real and in doing so releases the chemicals in the brain and hence you experience the effects.
As for your question, yes I have experienced plenty in dreams I've never had the pleasure of in life...flying being one of them :D a sensational experience!

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 22 Jan 2012 05:34

Yeah i have only had 4 LDs, 2 of them 10 seconds long. My second lucid dream though I was able to double my height each time I jumped, eventually I was above the citiy and when i fell to the ground I ended up screaming I was falling so fast. So yeah never done that irl, I think...

Anyway another thing I forgot to mention was after a while the effect of opium went off and I started sweating a lot. My state of mind changed and I had to get back on it, it was such a good feeling of euphoria. However i couldn't find my way back to the bar, it was like I was on a serious withdrawl!
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”