Power of Expectation Didn't Work?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Jigsaw79

Power of Expectation Didn't Work?

Postby Jigsaw79 » 23 Apr 2014 13:26

So, I was in an LD, and I was happy. Even remembered to shout "Clarity now!" Even sang a song about how this is all a dream. But when I turned around corners expecting something, turned around expecting something, it didn't prevail. I don't know why nothing appeared, maybe you could help?

Highlander

Re: Power of Expectation Didn't Work?

Postby Highlander » 23 Apr 2014 15:48

Did you try to sing about what do you want to see around the corners?

Jigsaw79

Postby Jigsaw79 » 23 Apr 2014 19:34

No, would that have worked? (Also, forgot to put this in the original post, but I also tried to run through walls, but it didn't work)

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 23 Apr 2014 20:29

Sometimes, we need to force our intention for something to happen. Just turning around the corner isn't enough for something interesting to happen. You have to think of something, say it in the dream, sing, yell... Sometimes even this doesn't work.
In a recent dream, i wanted a certain girl to be on the other side of the door i was about to open. And nothing. Then i opened another door after saying that i wanted to see that girl. And nothing.
But in another dream, i just thought of a girl and she appeared in front of me.
So, sometimes works sometimes don't. But if you don't try stuff, it will not work at all.

Jigsaw79

Postby Jigsaw79 » 23 Apr 2014 20:32

Thanks, Highlander. I'll try that next time.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 24 Apr 2014 23:23

Like highlander said, sometimes you need to put an intent on what you want to see around that corner. Without any focus on what will be there, its more likely you may turn a corner to not find anything interesting.

Also try tieing some emotion with your thought if you want what is there to be random but dont want to aim for a specific thing being there.

eg use of Fear .. Walk up to a corner thinking .. there is going to be something scary around it, make yourself feel scared walking up to it and there probably will then be something scary around that corner.
use of excitement.. Walk to to a corner thinking there is a wonderful surprise around it, feel excited walking up to that corner!

Anyway.. Im wondering if this is the kind of thing you did. Other then just expecting "something" to be around a corner, did use your emotions too to help something be there? (some people may naturally feel emotions but others will walk up to a corner with expectation without bringing in their emotional state and this would make it less likely for you to get what you want).

If its doubt or lack of confidence that you can create something in a LD hindering you, maybe try using fear emotion just to prove to yourself that you can actually by your thoughts manifest something around a corner in a dream. (not a pleasant thing necessarily to do but can aid one in gaining confidence that your thoughts/feelings CAN create in a dream)
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”