Metal was my friend, until it betrayed me

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
NYDreamer

Metal was my friend, until it betrayed me

Postby NYDreamer » 24 Apr 2014 00:19

After the fifth or sixth false awakening in a row, I finally realized I was dreaming. I immediately opened up a window and started flying over the landscape. Within about five seconds the dream started to fade and I started to wake up, but I moved my hands rapidly and managed to reenter the dream.

As I reentered it, I went from flying outdoors to flying inside a corridor. Everything had turned to black and white, with just a little bit of blue, but I concentrated and managed to turn the dream back to color. At the end of the corridor, I saw stairs leading down to a door leading outside. I almost woke up again, but on the way down the metal staircase I touched the stairs. The tactile sensation helped me to stay in the dream.

Outside, I seemed to understand that I was in a zoo, although I didn't see any animal exhibits. I flew over a paved walkway until I saw a wide stream. I decided to land in the stream. I thought that there might be crocodiles there, but I also reasoned that it was a dream, so I was in no real danger. As I came out of the water I started walking (and I saw a crocodile).

Touching the metal fence seemed to help me stay within the dream for a while. However, when I started to awaken one last time, I reached out for the metal fence one more time, and this time I felt the covers of the bed. I swiftly woke up.

So it seemed that the tactile sensation of metal helped me stay asleep, until the last time, when touching it gave way to the waking sensation of the bed sheets. What I take away from this is that certain techniques for maintaining lucidity and staying asleep are fickle.

Overall, though, I spent what seemed like more than five full minutes flying around in a lucid dream. I didn't have much control over what was happening, but it was exhilarating just being able to explore.

taniaaust1

Re: Metal was my friend, until it betrayed me

Postby taniaaust1 » 24 Apr 2014 22:21

Touching the metal fence seemed to help me stay within the dream for a while. However, when I started to awaken one last time, I reached out for the metal fence one more time, and this time I felt the covers of the bed. I swiftly woke up.

So it seemed that the tactile sensation of metal helped me stay asleep, until the last time, when touching it gave way to the waking sensation of the bed sheets.

I think you did a good job in not loosing this dream earlier, with getting your colours back etc etc. Its not easy one one is in a light state having to work to get the dream in stronger time and time again. You may of just been very close to naturally waking up anyway. You took yourself back in deeper over and over and that is an achievement I'd be happy with as doing that can be hard work esp if one needs to keep on doing it.

When you reach out to touch something to stabilise. It may also help to actually try to hold clearly in mind what the object you are reaching out to feel should feel like. This could help trick your brain into helping keep you in the dream an extra time due to holding clear expectations in mind of what you should feel.

Dont forget that you also have other senses other then your sense of touch which you can use in a dream to help to stabilise eg you could try eatting something in the dream so focusing on taste or focusing on what you can smell in a dream which you can experiment with to stabilise too.

One of my favourite ways to stabilise is to have a DC come and touch me. This can sometimes be best if one is in such a light state that moving eg reaching out to touch something may wake one up.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

NYDreamer

Re: Metal was my friend, until it betrayed me

Postby NYDreamer » 25 Apr 2014 18:49

Thanks for the advice! I will try to remember to use my other senses.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”