Inadequate clothing

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.

Inadequate clothing

Postby poider » 20 Apr 2014 17:25

Hi, I find that in many of my dreams I am either naked or half naked, or often find that I have turned up work in only my underpants or with no shoes on.
is it true that if I sleep naked I will dream naked?

Re: Inadequate clothing

Postby Highlander » 20 Apr 2014 17:45

poider wrote:is it true that if I sleep naked I will dream naked?

No. If it happens it will be a coincidence or because you are thinking that you'll be naked in the dream.
There's no relation on the clothes you wear to sleep and the clothes you wear in the dream. Dreaming about being naked with no pants happens to all of us.

Postby imaginecinema » 24 Apr 2014 03:26

This is actually really weird, but last night I slept naked, and as a direct result I dreamt I was naked. So I guess there is some truth to that statement. Obviously, if the dream was lucid I would have given myself clothes, though, so if you're dreaming lucidly and you have that problem, it's easy to fix. It was like, I was at a tennis match but I wasn't playing so I was just lying on a bench naked with a sheet draped over everything to hide myself, and some of my fellow teammates starting coming over and talking to me and some of them were female, but I don't remember feeling embarrassed or aroused or anything. Everyone in the dream, myself included, just acted like it was perfectly normal for me not to be wearing anything but a sheet, so it really wasn't that bad. Later on I was riding in the backseat of the car on the way to get fast food and I was wearing some pajamas, but then I remember stepping out of the car and being kind of uncomfortable because I was walking on a gravel parking lot with bare feet, so... yeah.

Postby jasmine2 » 12 May 2014 00:58

Over the years, I've had several dreams in which I was wearing clothing that was too skimpy and inappropriate for the setting. I think I usually have this kind of dream when, in real life, I am feeling insecure and self conscious about how I fit in socially in some situation, or if I am anxious about meeting expected standards at school or at work. We usually don't want to appear foolish in front of other people.

Uvita Henville

Postby Uvita Henville » 02 Jun 2014 22:51

Yes I agree, people tend to not want to appear foolish in front of other people. Especially people they admire. That sort of anxious feelings would definitely show up in a dream to let you know that you are indeed feeling anxious about this. However if you are able to ask yourself questions as to why you don't want to appear foolish in front of others? You may come up with a more deeper meaning than that. For example you may in the past have felt foolish on a previous occasion years ago which has produced a fear of looking foolish now in the present day. Once you get to the root of why looking foolish is not all right. Feeling anxious about looking foolish soon fades away.

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 Jun 2014 12:29

Its quite possible to dream of being naked if a person has gone to bed naked as both the subconciousness and also if any waking consciousness at all comes in.. even if very slight and overrided by the subconciousness, it still may create one being naked in a dream.

Being naked thou in a dream often is symbolic and can be representing that a person may be feeling vulnerable about something. If one is thou not worried about all in their dream about it, it probably then represents something else eg if you are comfortable being naked in your dream it may indicate the person is comfortable being with who they are.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Dream Interpretation”