Can't move or talk in LDs

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Pippy16

Can't move or talk in LDs

Postby Pippy16 » 23 Apr 2014 22:48

Hey guys, I recently picked up lucid dreaming a month ago, and I've had a couple already, but they've only lasted a couple seconds at most. I'm having trouble stabalizing them, as they either go black the moment I become lucid, or I can barely talk or move to stabalize them. Whenever I try to talk, I just quitely croak "I'm dreaming," or "Clarity now," in a voice that doesn't sound like my own. This has little if any effect on the dream. I have also tried rubbing my hands together, but sometimes I can't move my hands together in time. Also, I usually have a strong urge to close my eyes, and if I do I wake up.

Is there any way to combat this and stabalize my dreams? Thanks!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

imaginecinema

Re: Can't move or talk in LDs

Postby imaginecinema » 24 Apr 2014 03:34

What should work for most people is mapping out beforehand what you want to do once you realize you're dreaming, however, since your dreams seem to end as soon as they begin, it might be best if you corrected your method of reality checks. Focus on calmly accepting the reality of the situation, and not getting too excited or freaked that it's a dream, because that's what usually wakes people up. Other than this, I don't know what advice I can offer, though I can say that the main method for staying in a lucid dream is establishing a connection with the dream body, but you seem to be familiar with that method already because of the hand-rubbing you mentioned. But you've made much more progress than you think; for most people it takes much longer to achieve lucidity as frequently as you have, (for me right now it's been months apart, but recently they've been occurring closer together so I'm thinking that maybe with increased practice I can get it down to once a week or maybe even multiple times a week), and even with those with which it does occur frequently, few have the consciousness to remember all of the steps. Just keep up the good work and the practice should improve things over time, as it almost always does.

taniaaust1

Re: Can't move or talk in LDs

Postby taniaaust1 » 25 Apr 2014 02:48

Pippy16 wrote:Hey guys, I recently picked up lucid dreaming a month ago, and I've had a couple already, but they've only lasted a couple seconds at most. I'm having trouble stabalizing them, as they either go black the moment I become lucid, or I can barely talk or move to stabalize them. Whenever I try to talk, I just quitely croak "I'm dreaming," or "Clarity now," in a voice that doesn't sound like my own. This has little if any effect on the dream. I have also tried rubbing my hands together, but sometimes I can't move my hands together in time. Also, I usually have a strong urge to close my eyes, and if I do I wake up.

Is there any way to combat this and stabalize my dreams? Thanks!

There is lots of ways to stabilize and it isnt uncommon if someone is extremely light in a dream that moving may cause a drop out. If Im very light, I know not to move as that will make me loose a dream.

You can get around this issue by doing other things to stabilize (as long as you have enough time to think so you probably need at a few seconds before a drop out).

One thing I do when Im in such a light state in which I cant move without dropout risk, is I bring someone Im close to into the dream and get that other to interact with my body and to stroke my skin eg I will think of an ex of mine being in the next room and entering the doorway to the room Im in. I will then get him to touch my body, this only takes a few seconds for the DC to manifest and get over to me. (If you cant speak it doesnt matter you just need to think of the person doing that or you could speak by like telepathy to your DC).

I usually get my ex to sexually touch me and then just walk off from the DC once Im stabilised. He's easy for me to bring back time and time again whenever I need to stabilize (the only consequence this has for me is my ex DC ends up getting annoyed at my sexual rejection due to me walking off every time Im stabilized LOL).

If you have children. You could bring them into the dream and get them to jump on you or something.

Or you dont have to focus on touch to stabilize the dream, instead you could focus on your other LD senses eg hear.. focus on what you can hear in the dream or smell. The important thing is to put a lot of focus onto your dream to help stabilize it and so its feeling stronger.

Closing ones eyes if one isnt stabilized can be a bad thing as it further disconnects one from the dream one is in by removing one of the senses you have which is holding you in the dream. To stabilize use whatever senses you can to hold you in and make the dream stronger.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”