The Animals

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
taniaaust1

The Animals

Postby taniaaust1 » 24 Apr 2014 21:30

LD animals - Will the animals talk to me?
I slowly become spontanously lucid.

Location - Its very natural outdoor place. No buildings, fences or telegraph poles to be seen... just trees and people to be seen along the trail Im walking along. There are animals about too.
I decide to not interfere with my dream at first as its so pleasant so allow myself to continue doing as I are, walking along this trail and just observe for a short while.

After a few minutes of just enjoying walking along observing, I decide to interact with the dream. While Im slowly thinking about what LD study/challenge I'd like to do and trying to decide, I go up to a lady dream character to talk to her. There are many different DCs about but I decide to appproach one who is stopped on the path, a middle aged, not very attractive looking lady with dirty coloured kind of washed out blonde hair who is also wearing glasses. (Im wondering if she will talk to me or not as I approach as often my DCs wont talk to me in LDs).

"Hi" I say. As I speak to her I suddenly realise the reason why she's stopped, she's on her mobile phone to someone. She though stops her phone call and starts talking back to me. Her voice is hard to hear, partly whispery sounding and not at all smooth voice... "Hi". I then ask her something but cant understand her due to her voice. I try again, "Tell me about yourself?" She tries responding but once again I can only catch words here and there due to her low voice. She then in her attempt to communicate with me holds up something in her hand. It's a magazine. I have no idea thou what she's trying to tell me and at this point have decided what Im going to try to do this LD. So I turn and walk away. As I leave her, I glance over at her again and see she's changed to a different person. Now she's a much younger woman 10-20 years younger and is holding a baby.

The dream study thing Ive decided to do due to the natural setting Im in outside is I want to see if my DC animals will speak to me. I firstly speak to a bird which is on the path just ahead of pecking at something on the ground. It doesnt respond in anyway to me doing this except doing what normal birds tend to do, it just flies away from me.

My LD state is lightening. To stabilise a bit I decide to stop what Im doing and just continue walking down that path without deviating from the dream as Im curious if that will naturally stabilises it. So I stop myself from thinking much, think about how I felt before I started thinking too much, I try to imitate how I was previously.. let go mentally (like one does if one wants to drift into sleep or start a LD) and allow myself just walk down the path not trying to change anything. This does work a bit and Im now a little deeper in the dream (thou I didnt find it worked as well as some other stabilising techniques can), I then go back to doing my dream study.

There is a group of several different kinds of animals just ahead of me, alongside the left of the trail so I approach them wondering if they will speak to me? The animals are interesting. The LD world Im in is different in these to our real world, they are kinds of animals we dont have. There is a small herd of deer like animals grazing the grass but they are only about 30cm high, these flee as I approach, thou one did take a couple of steps forward towards me in curiousity first before turning and joining the rest in running away.

There is a wild dog but by this I dont mean like a domestic dog which has gone wild but like an actual new species of dog which is of a wild kind. This native dog species has a scottish terrier like face but its colouring is like a wolf and other then its face, its not scottish terrier like. There is also there kind of animal too (but I forgot what it looked like when I woke up from the LD).

Anyway, Im trying to approach these animals, gently speaking to them as I do so, trying to get them to talk to me. I stop trying to approach after the animals all fled except the native dog animal, (just like real life wild animals would do), and stand there trying to coach the dog animal to come to me. This animal is a little bolder then the rest was and does finally start walking slowly towards me. It gets half way and I reach out my hand towards it (its still approx 4metres away) but it just then decides to run away like the rest did.

I suddenly lost the LD at that point.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

HAGART

Re: The Animals

Postby HAGART » 25 Apr 2014 16:22

From another post you wrote:
taniaaust1 wrote:Most of my LD issues I realise are blocks due to my subconciousness wanting to symbolically project out certain things. eg Im having communication trouble in real life (I have Aspergers etc), so hence maybe why I have communication issues manifesting into my dreams. Could be why the animals wouldnt talk! (I often have trouble communicating with the people DCs too), thou I do think its probably just cause there is a lot of realism in my LDs too.

I know very little about Aspergers, but I wonder if you ever talk to yourself during the day when alone? I know I do, and may be a reason why some of my DC's are so talkative at times.

Something I can relate to in this dream. When I stray away too much from the dream that is already presented to me and in progress, it tends to destabalize too and I start to loose touch with it. So a lot of my LD goals/challenges are based on what is already there for me to work with. Or just don't have any goal at all and simply interact with the dream that is already made. (In a non-lucid dream we never have to stabalize it... only when lucid, and that's because of overthinking it, and perhaps trying to change too much of it.)

Others may disagree, but I personally don't have full control.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 26 Apr 2014 06:42

HAGART wrote:I know very little about Aspergers, but I wonder if you ever talk to yourself during the day when alone? I know I do, and may be a reason why some of my DC's are so talkative at times.

I actually dont talk to myself as such but I do talk out loud often during the day, like say my my thought out loud by accident (which is a bit different to holding a convo with oneself). I think I tend to do that as I spend so much time alone.

Something I can relate to in this dream. When I stray away too much from the dream that is already presented to me and in progress, it tends to destabalize too and I start to loose touch with it.

What I did with this dream wasnt at all my normal thing to do, its the first time ever I think Ive decided just to fully go along with the dream at times. My LDs for the past couple of years have been not as stable as previously and hence I need to work so much harder to stay in them. So this experiement with going with the dream flow was due to me not wanting to having work at keeping myself in a dream and trying to find an easier way (a relaxed way) to stay there.

a lot of my LD goals/challenges are based on what is already there for me to work with. Or just don't have any goal at all and simply interact with the dream that is already made.

I tend to do that too and work with something there. I have so many different dream challenges that I can usually when Im looking at my LD scene, think of one to do in whatever environment Ive found myself to be in (so I never try complete location changes).

I wonder why I previously could like fully engage my waking mind very well without any effort at all, without dropping out of a LD but nowdays have to struggle to stay in and I cant do as much thinking on purpose cause its at the risk of a drop out. (maybe its cause my current health state? or maybe its cause I arent doing the meditation and energywork I used to do?).

That dream, Ive been thinking more about it and finding it interesting as its like I was in another world. That world was so different to ours and like it was a different time period to. I wish I could remember how the clothing was as Im sure seeing everything else was so different, that that probably was different too but I paid it no attention as I was focused on other things.

imaginecinema

Postby imaginecinema » 27 Apr 2014 02:33

Weird question... has anyone tried to be an animal in a lucid dream? If so, what was it like?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 May 2014 09:07

imaginecinema wrote:Weird question... has anyone tried to be an animal in a lucid dream? If so, what was it like?

Ive experienced being like in animals bodies and connected with thier mind while astrally projected. It is interesting being an animal. I havent yet tried it in a LD thou but will do some time.

imaginecinema

Postby imaginecinema » 04 May 2014 01:38

taniaaust1 wrote: Ive experienced being like in animals bodies and connected with thier mind while astrally projected. It is interesting being an animal.

Okay, first prize here to undeniably the coolest thing I've ever read. You've mastered freaking astral projection?! We totally have to PM about this because I'm super curious about a bunch of stuff I might try later on in life!

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 May 2014 01:38

imaginecinema wrote:
taniaaust1 wrote: Ive experienced being like in animals bodies and connected with thier mind while astrally projected. It is interesting being an animal.

Okay, first prize here to undeniably the coolest thing I've ever read. You've mastered freaking astral projection?! We totally have to PM about this because I'm super curious about a bunch of stuff I might try later on in life!

I wouldnt say Ive "mastered" it but with some work I know how to trigger it off. I'll check your pm out.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”