Video About the Phase State (LD/OBE)

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Summerlander

Re: Video About the Phase State (LD/OBE)

Postby Summerlander » 26 Apr 2014 00:31

Some parts of the neoencephalon are needed for the eventuation of self-awareness, which are also implicated in lucid dreaming. This has been scientifically observed. (See Planck Institute, Psychiatry department, on lucid dreaming and consciousness.)

Since the neoencephalon is a fairly recent evolutionary trait, we can deduce that our pre-historic ancestors did not lucid dream. Consciousness, granted,is not something that can be observed, but, we can assume its levels, and in a way, measure it, based on reportability. Hence, we can already see a relationship between mind and matter when we observe cerebral activity and how the human organism responds.

We can also see the relationship between brain activity and unconsciousness, coma states, vegetative states, and, finally as the guaranteed point of no return, death. Neuroscience has also taught us that all mental faculties can dissipate, never to return again, depending on parts of the brain that are affected. We have learned a great deal from debilitating cerebral conditions (from damage to malfunction).

So, when I say that we must have been less conscious before, when we only possessed the primordial "lizard" brain and the higher encephalon was non-existent, I'm not just guessing, I'm inferring a scenario based on evolutionary evidence.

As for grass being conscious and screaming in pain, I can only quote Christopher Hitchens on that one: "What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 26 Apr 2014 05:47

Summerlander wrote:As for grass being conscious and screaming in pain, I can only quote Christopher Hitchens on that one: "What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."

Wasnt there some experiment thou done in which they used electrodes on plants and found they could feel pain and even responded when someone was about to hurt them? (Ive read about that somewhere).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 26 Apr 2014 11:12

Yes. There is even a video on youtube about it. Ifirst saw it posted on Astral Viewers. It was bogus. A lot of New Age and pseudoscience.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”