Failed reality check

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
taniaaust1

Re: Failed reality check

Postby taniaaust1 » 25 Apr 2014 00:36

btifuldreamer wrote: I walked away thinking this cannot be real, i must be dreaming so i looked at m palm and tried pressing my fingers through my hand, but they didn't go through so i actually thought that i was awake and i had actually just set my car on fire. I realized when i woke up i did a reality check, but it didn't work, and also, i haven't done reality checks since about 6 months ago?

That would be a sure sign that this check isnt a good one for you to be doing when it fails in that way. I'd suggest to even avoid it as part of other checking and try instead things which arent known to fail on you.

Also checks can fail if you already know its a dream but still choose to cast doubt (as the subconsciousness then can manifest according to that doubt) so if you know or really think something is a dream, I think its best not to reality check but carry on the experience as if its a dream (as you can be fairly sure it is). They will further prove they are dreams sooner or later anyway.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 25 Apr 2014 11:20

Ahh thank you :)
I will use a different reality check from now and hope it works :D

cheer_princess

Postby cheer_princess » 29 Apr 2014 06:11

This happened to me once too. I have never actually had a lucid dream but once I was about to do the reality check where you push your fingers through your hand and a dream character I was with said "you can try but you aren't asleep enough yet so if you do it, don't push very hard." So I jut touched my fingers to my palm without pushing them through and had a normal dream. I was very frustrated. I didn't know that dream characters could persuade you not to do reality checks.

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Apr 2014 14:20

cheer_princess wrote:This happened to me once too. I have never actually had a lucid dream but once I was about to do the reality check where you push your fingers through your hand and a dream character I was with said "you can try but you aren't asleep enough yet so if you do it, don't push very hard." So I jut touched my fingers to my palm without pushing them through and had a normal dream. I was very frustrated. I didn't know that dream characters could persuade you not to do reality checks.

your dream character is part of yourself so is representing some part of you doesnt want to succede at this so blocks like this are put in the way (One cause of this can be cause a person has a fear of success or of power)
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”