A mirror and my double

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
dreamworld777

A mirror and my double

Postby dreamworld777 » 02 May 2014 00:00

I dreamed that I was sitting in front of a square mirror looking at myself in a foggy room,there seemed to be some type of hue or fogginess.I knew that it was a dream,so I thought that I would look into the mirror and change my appearance a few times and see what would happen.
As I looked into the mirror,my hairstyle changed and my face shifted a little and I suddenly began to notice that my right eye turned black..I now had one blue eye and one black eye.It scared me and I backed away.

Just then,my reflection stepped out of the mirror.It came right at me and I was afraid of it.It was smiling and laughing.I lost all lucidity at that point and the dream turned into a regular dream where I had no control.
I was now laying on the bed with my double standing over me.I could see myself laying there.
I seemed to know I was dreaming but had no control.I felt like in my dream I had sleep paralysis (if that makes sense) because I could see myself fighting to wake up the person beside me but I couldn't move nor speak and the other me was still standing over me laughing.I was so afraid it was unbelievable.

The dream ended there and I woke up wondering what in the world that was about.I don't think I've ever had a dream like that!!
I would love to hear any thoughts about it..please reply if you think you can help me out with this one ;)

imaginecinema

Re: A mirror and my double

Postby imaginecinema » 02 May 2014 02:12

That is so crazy awesome and scary at the same time, I want to put it into a fiction story or something.

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 02 May 2014 10:59

You got scared and that's what triggered what happened next. You lost lucidity and your double took advantage of that and tried to scary you more. If you stood calm, knew that was a dream and nothing could scare you, that would be a whole different situation. Maybe your double could have changed to a more friendly appearance and you would have a nice conversation.

dreamworld777

Postby dreamworld777 » 02 May 2014 12:33

Yes,imaginecinema,it was definitely all those things but like Highlander said,I would have loved to have a conversation with that other me but for some reason I became so frightened that I lost any chance of that.

I do wonder though why she was laughing at me and why I was so afraid of my own self.Is there a meaning behind that..hmmmm :?:

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 02 May 2014 12:45

dreamworld777 wrote:I do wonder though why she was laughing at me and why I was so afraid of my own self.Is there a meaning behind that..hmmmm :?:

It happened to me too. After i had 2 or 3 dreams where i talked with my double (and a very handsome one in the dream, lol), i had a dream where my double had an evil smile and red snake eyes.
I don't know what that happened after those beautiful dreams. I guess it was my state of mind at the time. Afraid of something.

Xtreme_Walrus

Postby Xtreme_Walrus » 02 May 2014 15:00

I've had a couple dreams where I was in sleep paralysis. I remember this one time I had a dream that some scientist was testing me for sleep paralysis and gave me some drink. And then I immediately went into SP
"I woke up in between a memory and a dream" -Tom Petty

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 May 2014 09:03

I too think that your waking mind thoughts and emotions eg being scared when you saw yourself as not what you were expecting.. caused the fear situation to come into your dream and caused the fear to be of your own self (reflexion). I myself wouldnt try to deciper any other reason for this dream as it was a logical manifestation due to your own emotion and thoughts to the LD situation (except that black eye symbolism, that seemed to come purely from your subconciousness and not created by your normal thinking thoughts as you really werent expecting that). I cant thou think of what that could symbolise umm darkness around something you are seeing in life? darkness around a life situation and how you perceive it maybe?

It was probably laughing at you as you knew it was only a dream and this was probably the result of that.. the fact you got so scared out of something you knew was a dream.

I wont create mirrors into my LD and wouldnt look into one as I have a fear of them so know I'd create a nightmare for myself. I once had a scary experience while meditating while looking into a mirror and that was enough.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”