Weird way of realizing I'm in a dream

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
joelspiers15

Weird way of realizing I'm in a dream

Postby joelspiers15 » 03 May 2014 19:18

I have had 3 lucid dreams so far, the first 2 ended almost instantly, but the 3rd lasted for a while. In all three of these dreams I didn't do a reality check, I didn't notice something odd, and I didn't WILD. For example last night I had just eaten a cinnamon doughnut hole in the dream. I was then driving somewhere and I thought to myself,"It's really cool how I could taste that doughnut since this is a dream." It took me a couple seconds and then I realized that it was a dream. In another one I thought to myself," Wow that girl's pretty hot, it's a shame her breasts aren't bigger. Well this is a dream so I can just do it myself, oh wait, this is a dream!" Both times I have had this train of thought but not realized what I was thinking. It's like I always know that I am in a dream I just don't think about it. Does this happen to anyone else?

torakrubik

Re: Weird way of realizing I'm in a dream

Postby torakrubik » 04 May 2014 00:19

Yep, this is what I like to call semi-lucidity :) You are aware enough to realise you are dreaming, or at least that it isn't waking reality, but not aware enough to ground yourself or act upon it.
Dreaming is my drug

Return to “For Beginners”