How to Dream share?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
gleixer

How to Dream share?

Postby gleixer » 11 Mar 2014 01:20

Imagine it. A world where people go to sleep and instead of just waking up they lucid dream and connect with friends who are also lucid dreaming. If you think lucid dreaming alone is fun, then just imagine lucid dreaming with your friends. This is the art of dream sharing and with a little bit of practice anyone could do it even non-lucid dreamers.But the problem for dream sharing is that it is limited to people you know well. Now my proposal is, why can't whole groups of random strangers just tune into one dream and do things as if the were on the internet. It is all just brain waves and frequencies which is basically what the internet is. I would love if some of you guys that have maybe shared dreams or are just experienced LD'ers tell me what you think of this and suggestions so that I can make a tutorial for everyone to use. Thanks
They say we only use a fraction of our brain's true potential. Now that's when we're awake. When we're asleep, we can do almost anything. - Inception

torakrubik

Re: How to Dream share?

Postby torakrubik » 11 Mar 2014 03:44

gleixer wrote:It is all just brain waves and frequencies

Not strictly true, and definitely not proven. Personally I believe what you are proposing is possible, but you are jumping to conclusions here by assuming things that haven't been scientifically verified.
Dreaming is my drug

Goldkoron

Postby Goldkoron » 11 Mar 2014 18:24

I agree with Torakrubik, you are jumping to conclusions.
Do a reality check

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 17 Mar 2014 10:36

Firstly it is unlikely to happen unless you have a close connection to the person eg a family member, best friend.

Secondly you need to be asleep at the same time and in the right kind of dream state to be able to dream together.

Thirdly.. I personally dont know anyone who can "dream" share at will.. the dream Ive shared with my daughter happened randomly and her being hurt in her dream (she was being attacked) some how pulled me into her dream. So it seems strong emotions help this to happen dream sharing thing to occcur. Im not saying thou it isnt possible to do at will but that seems to be a very rare skill. Ive known people who can astrally thou meet at will and did that a lot (a couple of my past teachers and some of their students used to do this).

Maybe being in close proximity in location helps too eg same bedroom or close by, the only time Ive had dream sharing is when someone has been close by sleeping (then you both have auric fields overlapping which I'd think would help transmit thoughts eg ones dream to one another better)

So anyway..I think it is unlikely people here could get this happening. (I group of experienced astral projection people possibly could do this thou so if you want to meet others while out of body I suggest to find a AP site who has some experienced AP people there to try things with).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

TaTa

Postby TaTa » 17 Mar 2014 15:37

I think that we should remain skeptical and scientific with dream shearing. Although coming from a buddhist perspective where stories of great masters entering disciples dreams are very common i do think that its very easy to mistake similar dreams with dream sharing.

I hope this develops well over the years =)

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 17 Mar 2014 22:39

TaTa wrote:I think that we should remain skeptical and scientific with dream shearing. Although coming from a buddhist perspective where stories of great masters entering disciples dreams are very common i do think that its very easy to mistake similar dreams with dream sharing.

I hope this develops well over the years =)

Just in real life it isnt necessarily hard to know if people had the same dream or if it was just a similar one IF BOTH very clearly remember the dream. It would be an issue thou if people didnt clearly remember the dream.. eg did both remember the DCs and what they looked like, the location and what it looks like, the actions of everyone in the dream. When I dream shared we dreamed exactly the same moment of time too and woke up both from the same dream at the same time.

But yeah.. if one dreams of something and the memories are vague when comparing the dreams eg if you both dreamed of each other being in an earthquake but dont remember details of it, it could just be coincidental but if both remember all the details and they match, I dont so think so. (Its just like in real life.. you both know if you experienced the same thing or not on talking about it and discussing the event).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

GalMutzafy

Postby GalMutzafy » 18 Mar 2014 16:26

I saw a video once of ReeceJones where he said he have a friend that made an experiment, where he told his friend that tonight they will lucid dream about each other and they will get a key word from the dream, and then the next day they will tell each other what is the key word and if it match, and it did...

I don't remmember exactly how he told the story, but I think this is the basic of it, very interesting.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

cheer_princess

Postby cheer_princess » 04 May 2014 17:41

Is dream sharing actually possible? because my best friend and I are learning to lucid dream together and wanted to share dreams. We weren't sure if it could actually happen but we planned out what we would dream when we had both mastered lucid dreaming.

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 04 May 2014 18:12

[quote][/quote]Is dream sharing actually possible? because my best friend and I are learning to lucid dream together and wanted to share dreams. We weren't sure if it could actually happen but we planned out what we would dream when we had both mastered lucid dreaming

Yes if you believe "Richard Bach, The Bridge Across Forever" He did it with his wife, ( I mean Dream sharing ) I am inclined to believe him. I also think Stephen La Berge writes about proven Dream sharing, but I cant remember in which of his books. Perhaps some on can help.
Wishing you success and fun with lucid dreaming
. :)

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 05 May 2014 03:35

cheer_princess wrote:Is dream sharing actually possible? because my best friend and I are learning to lucid dream together and wanted to share dreams. We weren't sure if it could actually happen but we planned out what we would dream when we had both mastered lucid dreaming.

It's not really clear one way or the other. Scientifically, there is no reason why it should be possible, but many people swear blind that they have experienced it. Personally I am also inclined to think that it is possible, though I have not, to my knowledge, experienced it.
Dreaming is my drug

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”