Delayed Dream Recall & MILD WILD Question.

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
LaLaLand

Delayed Dream Recall & MILD WILD Question.

Postby LaLaLand » 08 May 2014 13:39

Hi there, I have just started reading and learning about lucid dreaming, I am a huge newbie to all this, the main reason why I got into it was after reading an alien abduction book that associated many events with possible lucid dreaming. I figured I would give it a try, I am simply starting with dream recall at this point and some reality checks during the day. I have tried Binaural Beats and I find they help me sleep deeper but not necessarily induce anything, I also end up unintentionally ripping the earbuds out of my ears.

My first question is that unlike most advise given, I am unable to recall dreams the moment I wake up, in fact it is only after I get up and walk into the bathroom to get ready that the recall sometimes comes back, I recall bits and pieces of events, sometimes form more than one dream. I am just wondering if other people tend to not remember dreams when they wake up.

My other question is regarding the process of actually waking yourself up an hour or so before your actual wake up time, wouldn't this disrupt your sleep leaving you tired in the morning, also I am not sure how I would even go about doing that without waking up my partner.

Thanks

LucidLink

Re: Delayed Dream Recall & MILD WILD Question.

Postby LucidLink » 08 May 2014 13:58

LaLaLand wrote:Hi there, I have just started reading and learning about lucid dreaming, I am a huge newbie to all this, the main reason why I got into it was after reading an alien abduction book that associated many events with possible lucid dreaming. I figured I would give it a try, I am simply starting with dream recall at this point and some reality checks during the day. I have tried Binaural Beats and I find they help me sleep deeper but not necessarily induce anything, I also end up unintentionally ripping the earbuds out of my ears.

My first question is that unlike most advise given, I am unable to recall dreams the moment I wake up, in fact it is only after I get up and walk into the bathroom to get ready that the recall sometimes comes back, I recall bits and pieces of events, sometimes form more than one dream. I am just wondering if other people tend to not remember dreams when they wake up.

My other question is regarding the process of actually waking yourself up an hour or so before your actual wake up time, wouldn't this disrupt your sleep leaving you tired in the morning, also I am not sure how I would even go about doing that without waking up my partner.

Thanks

well its time to start waking your partner up. That's inevitable, when I do these techniques I have the luxury of being alone.

better yet, get her to wake up with you, and you guys can embark on this dream quest together!

and about the dream recall, nit remembering dreams right away is a just a sign of bad recall. Not as bad as not remembering at all though, (which happens to many).

what you need to do, is to increase your dream recall and there's TONS of ways to do this.

-Improve sleeping situation for quality sleep which leads to more vivid and memorable dreams.
-taking supplements
-starting a dream journal (that's a big one)
- sleeping in longer
-waking up after around 4.5 hours of sleep, staying awake for a little bit, then going back to bed but use an alarm to wake yourself up every half hour, which should give you a couple different wake ups, which is a couple different chances to remember a dream each time you wake yourself up.
-when you first wake up, you probably immediately start thinking of the day ahead (most do), but that's actually the worst thing you can do. When you wake up, don't move at all. Not even a muscale, just relax. As you relax and awaken, keep your eyes shut in the dark, and start to think, where were you just at? Who were you just with? What where you just doing? The key is not moving, because as soon as you begin to move motor neurons in your brain start fireing up, which is physical stimulus, but if you ignore physical stimulus, its a lot easier to focus on the metaphysical stimulus the dream just had present instead.
-as you start to fall asleep, put all your focus on repeating this thought over and over again, "tonight as I fall asleep I recall all my dreams vividly" (or something like that it didn't have to be exact whatever works for you)
-there a couple foods that can be eatten for better recall as well.

but what's essential is a serious dream journal. Everything else on this list is just stuff that works if nothing else does.

[ Post made via Windows Smartphone ] Image

Return to “For Beginners”