Hypnagogia Help!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
wispulation

Hypnagogia Help!

Postby wispulation » 18 May 2014 21:11

I need some help on hypnagogia. Because what's happening is I go into my bed I follow the simple each body part relax technique When Ive done that all the way up to my jaw i start thinking about my dream landscape (that's usually a beach because its very easy) but when i start to think of the landscape I cant see any hypnagogia Images i cant see any shapes so i was wondering if anyone had the same problem i had and it would be very helpful if anyone knows what to do
thanks
To achieve a Lucid Dream you have to believe you CAN Lucid Dream

Such&Such

Re: Hypnagogia Help!

Postby Such&Such » 19 May 2014 02:16

I have the same exact problem! No matter what I do, I never really see anything other than blackness. I also want to know how to see hypnagogia because it has been bothering me since day one.

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

Dynamo

Postby Dynamo » 19 May 2014 20:36

Got the same, but when I wait a bit I see these yellow spots in front of my eyes. But thats it. After that I usual fall asleep..

DreamWalker

Postby DreamWalker » 21 May 2014 15:53

Such&Such wrote:I have the same exact problem! No matter what I do, I never really see anything other than blackness. I also want to know how to see hypnagogia because it has been bothering me since day one.

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

I have no problem seeing hypnagogia, but I do notice when I take these sleep supplements (contains mainly melatonin) 20 minutes before bed, I am able to see hypnagogia a lot easier. It comes almost as soon as I close my eyes for a period of time. This is my experience.
Maybe it might have the same effect for other people on the forum? anybody else get these results?
Hope this helps

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
I sincerely appreciate all help given.
I sincerely appreciate the dedication each member has put into this forum.
This mass of information would not be present, nor easily organized without you.
Thank you.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 24 May 2014 11:52

I think you all sound too focused on getting hypnagogia rather then aiming for a LD. Not all people who do LD get hypnagogia, its just something which may happen on the way to the goal (or it may not). Its okay to focus on something and create images..but that doesnt matter at all, let your minds go so you can enter a dream.

Even if you get hypnagogia, you still to get into a LD so enter a dream.

i start thinking about my dream landscape (that's usually a beach because its very easy) but when i start to think of the landscape I cant see any hypnagogia Images

Hypnagogia is very random and something which tends to happen not controlled.. its different to visualisation which it sounds like you are trying to do in that respect. I think you are trying to think too hard and need to mentally relax more.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 24 May 2014 11:56

I go into my bed I follow the simple each body part relax technique When Ive done that all the way up to my jaw

Dont just do up to your jaw.. you need to relax every part of your body, your face and eyes too, even imagine the top of your head being relaxed thou you cant tense and release that. You havent got your mental relaxation quite right, I suspect you may not be physically relaxed enough either. (relaxation techniques can take a little time to develop and one does get better with practice so dont get discouraged).

When the physical body gets very relaxed, the feel of it usually changes and it will feel different some eg feels very light or very heavy or buzzy or tinglying (or many other feels).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”