Where are the dream characters?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
DreamWalker

Where are the dream characters?

Postby DreamWalker » 20 May 2014 18:24

So I had my first lucid dream this morning at the end of an estimated 25-30 minute dream period. Before I noticed I was dreaming I was talking to people, there where people present in the house I was in, but after I did a reality check and noticed I was dreaming, I turned around and the dream characters vanished. Everybody was gone!

1. One thing about LDing that fascinated me was how I would be able to converse with dream characters, but everybody had disappeared. Could this be because I wanted to talk to them, it excited me, and I somehow made them disappear? I don't know what happened, I was actually kind of disappointed. I even attempted to summon a dream character my thinking and focusing on imagining someone standing in a specific spot, but it didn't work. Oh well, there will be more LDs

2. Oh and when I attempted the RC where you try to push your fingers through your palm, it felt like they didn't go through my palm, but instead created a strange, electric pulse feeling down my arm, just kinda tingled. A sensation I've never felt in the waking world actually. Is this common with anybody else? Is this what they mean by passing your fingers through your palm?

And i knew I was dreaming because I did the clock RC and the clock times changed with a 40 minute difference instantly.

Has this happened to anybody else? Any advice for this ignorant beginner?

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
I sincerely appreciate all help given.
I sincerely appreciate the dedication each member has put into this forum.
This mass of information would not be present, nor easily organized without you.
Thank you.

torakrubik

Re: Where are the dream characters?

Postby torakrubik » 21 May 2014 00:52

1. It's possible that you had a subconscious fear of not being able to achieve your goal to talk to DCs, and that manifested itself when you became lucid.

2. It'll be different for everyone. When I do that RC, my fingers melt into my hand and stick out the other side, it feels like I'm pushing my hand through soft clay or warm mud.
Dreaming is my drug

DreamWalker

Postby DreamWalker » 21 May 2014 01:25

torakrubik wrote:1. It's possible that you had a subconscious fear of not being able to achieve your goal to talk to DCs, and that manifested itself when you became lucid.

2. It'll be different for everyone. When I do that RC, my fingers melt into my hand and stick out the other side, it feels like I'm pushing my hand through soft clay or warm mud.

Oh I see now, interesting, I appreciate the insight. I will try to be more calm when I realize I'm dreaming and just let things happen.

This mass of information would not be present, nor easily organized without you.
Thank you.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 21 May 2014 02:45

torakrubik wrote:When I do that RC, my fingers melt into my hand and stick out the other side, it feels like I'm pushing my hand through soft clay or warm mud.

Me too. I was going to say the same thing. But have heard many reports of 'electric energy' as well, so don't feel like you're odd because two of us happen to have 'Play-Dough' limbs. I think that electric feeling may be a result of your brain creating the sensation of nerve endings getting manipulated. That's my theory anyway, and don't ever feel like your experience has to be the same as everyone else.

As for the dream characters disappearing, I don't recollect this happening to me, but should check my dream journals someday. I heard others say that when they become lucid, the other dream characters become mindless as if you being conscious in the dream zapped it from them. It's like there was only room for one consciousness at a time and it was all absorbed by you, the dream-perceiver. (Sounds strange, and hard to put in words, but makes sense to me.)

But I have had great conversations with DCs some days and couldn't find a single one the next. I still have no answer why, but it's common.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

DreamWalker

Postby DreamWalker » 21 May 2014 15:46

HAGART wrote:As for the dream characters disappearing, I don't recollect this happening to me, but should check my dream journals someday. I heard others say that when they become lucid, the other dream characters become mindless as if you being conscious in the dream zapped it from them. It's like there was only room for one consciousness at a time and it was all absorbed by you, the dream-perceiver. (Sounds strange, and hard to put in words, but makes sense to me.)

But I have had great conversations with DCs some days and couldn't find a single one the next. I still have no answer why, but it's common.

Huh, i guess it could also depend on what I was expecting. I was wondering how DCs could have the same personalities as they do in the waking world, with many dream characters, couldn't it be too much to process at one time?

Especially if I'm putting in all of my concentration to summon a DC? like I did in my first LD which ended up waking me up -_-

Thank you.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 23 May 2014 03:03

In a lucid dream it's a backwards world and being nonchalant and lackadaisical is actually more productive than concentration which will trigger your waking logic and snap you out of it.

Complete opposite of what makes people get ahead in school or business in waking life. ;)

But for me, DC's come and go, and more often than not, I am alone, but I go with the flow....

DreamWalker

Postby DreamWalker » 23 May 2014 20:56

HAGART wrote:In a lucid dream it's a backwards world and being nonchalant and lackadaisical is actually more productive than concentration which will trigger your waking logic and snap you out of it.

But for me, DC's come and go, and more often than not, I am alone, but I go with the flow....

Oh, i guess from now on I won't concentrate or try to make anything just appear, I'll just go with the flow, appreciate the advice!
Now that you mention it I woke up just after I tried to summon a DC, even though it was my first lucid dream .-. Next time I'll just let things happen I guess

Thank you.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 24 May 2014 01:37

You can't delete a post after another one is posted. Just leave it and forget about it.

Another way of looking at it is to think with your 'heart', not with your head. (If you know what I mean). It isn't guaranteed to work, but I've noticed that when I stop over-thinking and just believe things will happen it helps.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 24 May 2014 11:43

but after I did a reality check and noticed I was dreaming, I turned around and the dream characters vanished. Everybody was gone!

That's not at all surprising that happened as when you did your reality check, you've taken your focus away from the dream you were in before and when we do that, dreams can often change
eg you can turn around and find yourself in a different environment etc. In your case, you lost the people due to focus elsewhere for a moment (on your hand or reality check).

Its how one changes dreams.. take focus away from what is there to allow things to change eg turn ones back on something and then look back again and you will probably see something else or different things.

I even attempted to summon a dream character my thinking and focusing on imagining someone standing in a specific spot, but it didn't work.

Im going to assume what you did next to try to get them back in, is you've when you've tried to imagine a person in a specific spot and you've tried to do that while actually looking at that spot.

That is a far harder way to get something to come in!! as in real life, things dont appear just there suddenly before your eyes .. so we all have a bit of a mind block there to get around if one wants to manifest something while actually looking at the spot.

To get the people back, I suggest to turn around and think of them entering the room behind you. Once you "know" (you need to believe in yourself here) they are there, turn around.

or just think of them being in the next room and coming and about to walk in the room where you are and then they should. I find this is the easiest way to bring in someone. It could help maybe even more if its someone you feel closely connected too and who you really want to see.

I think your issues were caused simply by a lack of experience in LD and not knowing how things work rather then being really a real problem you are having.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

DreamWalker

Postby DreamWalker » 26 May 2014 01:07

taniaaust1 wrote:Im going to assume what you did next to try to get them back in, is you've when you've tried to imagine a person in a specific spot and you've tried to do that while actually looking at that spot.

I think your issues were caused simply by a lack of experience in LD and not knowing how things work rather then being really a real problem you are having.

You assumed correctly my friend! I will try your suggestion next time I'm able to LD, and I'm beginning to see all where I went wrong in my first one. Hopefully I continue to see results over these next few months, so I can really begin to experience for myself what and what not to do, I'm excited :D

Thank you.

Return to “For Beginners”