MY 1ST LUCID DREAM!!!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
tompine73

MY 1ST LUCID DREAM!!!

Postby tompine73 » 07 May 2014 23:41

Wow, it has finally happened!

I think I may have had one or 2 many many years ago but not since I've been trying to induce them - until last night...(ish)

It seems a little ironic but maybe that isn't so. I've been focusing on Lucid dreaming since the beginning of the year, so for over 4 months. Admittedly to start with I was just reading books and then dream journalling, improving dream recall, reality checks and meditation etc. But in the last month I've had many attempts at the MILD technique without any success. I've also had a little play around with supplements but again with no joy.

A week ago I decided to give it a break for a while and so stopped recording my dreams and reality checking (although the thought to reality check kept on popping up). I had intended to continue meditating but found when I was trying at my usual time I kept nearly falling asleep so I stopped that as well.

And then last night I went to sleep fairly late, woke up at about 6 AM vaguely remembering a dream and then seemed to be in what felt like a pre-or post dream state. I have made no attempt at the WILD technique although I have read about it and so when I was getting the interesting patterns on my eyelids i just reminded myself to stay still and stay calm and see what happens.

I then slipped straight into a surreal almost cliched dreamscape which was very colourful and seemed to be almost like a mediaeval circus. I was in the top floor of a building but already knew I was dreaming and so again reminded myself to stay calm and decided to see if I could leave the ground and I did!! I then flew towards a slightly open window which seemed a bit too small but managed to fly out through it (and partly through the wall) to then be floating above all the strange goings-on below... A few more interesting things happened but I know other people's dreams can be a bit tedious so I'll leave it there.

I think I will have to class this as a spontaneous lucid dream but with the support of all the preparation and research that I have been doing.

Anyway, a big thank you to advice I've received from this forum, and hopefully it won't be another 4 months before I have another one!

:D :D :D :D :D

taniaaust1

Re: MY 1ST LUCID DREAM!!!

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 May 2014 02:11

I think some people try so hard that they arent achieving a LD due to not being relaxed enough about it...so it isnt uncommon for people then to suddenly have one when they stop trying.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

DreamWalker

Postby DreamWalker » 20 May 2014 18:15

This happened to me today. I've been trying for 2 months, was getting tired of attempting to remember my dream everyday as I'm usually awakened by a car alarm here, so I forget it -.-.
took a break dream journaling for a week, still did hourly reality checks, and had a 30 minute lucid dream this morning at 7. So happy I broke the barrier and had my first one (:

Maybe this could be a technique? Try LDing for a couple months, then stop trying for a few weeks and see what happens?

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
I sincerely appreciate all help given.
I sincerely appreciate the dedication each member has put into this forum.
This mass of information would not be present, nor easily organized without you.
Thank you.

Huckleberryfin1

Postby Huckleberryfin1 » 23 May 2014 12:50

Good for you man!

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 24 May 2014 12:05

DreamWalker wrote:Maybe this could be a technique? Try LDing for a couple months, then stop trying for a few weeks and see what happens?

Its probably best to maintain some focus but just relax a lot more over it and dont stress. People get themselves stressed over trying or not succeding. Some dont even realise they are doing that.

I kind of do what you suggested when I do WILD but in a very short space of time of 40mins to an hour. I'll try to WILD but then if I dont (eg often means Im trying too hard), I just then allow myself to like go to sleep (but still think Im going to hopefully wake back up to a dream). That letting go at that point can a lot of the time send me into a LD with no break at all in my consciousness from waking to dream state.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

tomelis

Postby tomelis » 27 May 2014 16:33

Congratulations on Your first LD and I wish You experience them a lot more in the future! :)
http://astraltravelingzone.com/how-to-lucid-dream/

Return to “For Beginners”