Analysis of my dreams every day of the week

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Highlander

Analysis of my dreams every day of the week

Postby Highlander » 18 May 2014 17:18

A year and a half ago i started to write my dream journal. Not everyday, but only when there are dreams that i want to remember. I write down the dream, put a title on it, put the date and also the day of the week. Recently i analysed this and i noticed a pattern of the amount and kind of dreams that i have during a specific day. I don't write the time that i had the dream (i guess it would be a good idea also) but i know this in general: sometimes i have a non-lucid dream that i can recall right after just 1 hour of sleep, i wake up naturally everyday at 5h00 and then i have non-lucids and sometimes lucids until i wake up.
Now, this is the pattern that i found on me (the time is on 24 hour format):

Sunday
The only day i don't sleep at home. I sleep at my parent's house.
Sleep time: go to sleep around 2h30 and wake up at 12h00.
Results: I wake up several times during the night and have multiple non-lucids. Sometimes i have a lucid dream.
Techniques: Because i have a lot of short dreams, it's a good day to practice MILD and DEILD to have a lucid one.

Monday
Sleep time: go to sleep around 00h30 and wake up at 7h30
Results: Because i slept a lot during the weekend and i am not tired, this is the day that i don't want to think about lucid dreaming. I just want to get some sleep. But sometimes a lucid dream pops out.
Techniques: none, because i just want to sleep. It's my "day off".

Tuesday
Sleep time: go to sleep around 00h30 and wake up at 7h30.
Results: This is the weekday (monday to friday) that i have the most lucid dreams. Even some succesfull WILDs. I don't know why, because i don't practice them on tuesdays. But it has been a good day for lucid dreaming.
Techniques: none. Very rarely a short MILD.

Wednesday
Results: 1 or 2 non-lucid dreams that i can remember and very rarely a lucid dream.
Techniques: MILD and a short WBTB.

Thursday
Results: 1 or 2 non-lucid dreams that i can remember and once in a while a lucid dream.
Techniques: MILD and a short WBTB.

Friday
Results: The lucid dreams improve on this day. Every other 2-3 weeks i tend to have a lucid dream and a successful WILD.
Techniques: MILD, WBTB and sometimes WILD.

Saturday
Sleep time: go to sleep around 01h30 and wake up at 12h00
Results: Because this is the day that i sleep the most, i have all kinds of dreams. Non-lucids, lucids and awesome WILDs that result on the most vivid lucid and OBE-like dreams.
Techniques: A lot. MILD, WBTB, WILD, FILD, meditation, etc. But sometimes it has the reverse effect because doing this has caused me to loose my sleep.

LucidLink

Re: Analysis of my dreams every day of the week

Postby LucidLink » 19 May 2014 20:46

Just in this week alone you've had a good number lucid dreams, could you share some of the more interesting ones?

[ Post made via Windows Smartphone ] Image

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 19 May 2014 22:31

LucidLink wrote:Just in this week alone you've had a good number lucid dreams, could you share some of the more interesting ones?

This is not from 1 week in a row. This is the "study" i did from months of dreams and reports on my dream journal. This is kind of the highlights i encountered on each day of the week.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 20 May 2014 02:48

I have a two year long record of dreams, (not EVERY day), but quite a few.

I too record the day of the week and even add a few notes about how I was feeling and what was on my mind before bed just in case 'my future self' can look back and see it differently. What did I eat? How much alcohol did I drink? What did I watch on TV before bed.... (spicy food, alcohol and late night television all influence my dreams!)

I have yet to go back and analyze them, but I should. It's about time!

From a scientific view, I have enough data to see patterns, and that's what an extensive dream journal is for in my opinion. But it's just a personal hobby, and sometimes feels like 'work', but I should re-visit my dream journal for the fun of it!

I have nothing else to add, but you reminded me to be inspired and remember to look back and connect the dots in my dream journal, if I can find them.......
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 20 May 2014 10:10

Yes, HAGART, i think it's about time to do this. It's very interesting to find patterns, common dreams in specific days of the week, time of the dream, etc.
And you'lll have more to look at as you have more data. Cool.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 23 May 2014 13:46

wow.. Im amazed you worked all that out.

I've noticed I have more lucids around time of a full moon. Some moons influence but others dont seem to do so. (I should study what astrological signs the moon is in when my LDs seem to be triggered off by this)
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 23 May 2014 14:08

taniaaust1 wrote:I've noticed I have more lucids around time of a full moon. Some moons influence but others dont seem to do so. (I should study what astrological signs the moon is in when my LDs seem to be triggered off by this)

Hummm... now that you mentioned that, i never thought of comparing my LD's with the fases of the moon. I should check it out. Maybe i'll find a pattern.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 24 May 2014 01:41

I heard Tania say that before, and even I have considered adding the phases of the moon as part of my dream analysis. Why not?

Another thing I thought of: I get all 4 seasons here where I live, and I'm wondering if my dreams are different in the winter than in the summer. Daylight is much less in the winter so who knows if there is an effect on my dreams.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 02 Jun 2014 13:01

HAGART wrote: Another thing I thought of: I get all 4 seasons here where I live, and I'm wondering if my dreams are different in the winter than in the summer. Daylight is much less in the winter so who knows if there is an effect on my dreams.

Ive read in an occultic book that OBEs get affected and are much harder to do during certain time of the year. Some wont teach others this stuff then.

So I wouldnt be surprised at all if LDs are less common during that period too?. So if anyone in their yearly daily monthly dream analyses can tell me what months are bad for their LDs.. I'll tell you if it tallies or not with what Ive read for APs.

It would be interesting how they compare.

My OBE book does warn not to do OBES on the dark moon (no moon) as they can go all haywire and can be chaotic. I once did one at that time not realising this and had my strangest most haywire OBEs ever (it was like I couldnt control my astral energy well). So that did fit.

So here's another question.. are your LDs more haywire or chaotic (eg trouble controlling them) during a new/dark moon?
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”