Chilling in dreams?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
JonSnowLD

Chilling in dreams?

Postby JonSnowLD » 17 May 2014 22:05

Ok, so I've noticed something in the past week or so-I can't remember a single dream where I've just... done nothing. Kicked my feet up and relaxed ;) In fact, I'm hardly ever even sat down in dreams! just wondering if anyone else has noticed this and, if so, has any theories why not?

I'm a guy who likes to do nothing (some would call me lazy, I prefer to think of myself as laidback ;) ), so it seems pretty weird that I never chill in dreams. I also tend to be more observant and self aware when relaxing, so if I did sit down in dreams I think I'd have loads more LDs! XD
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

torakrubik

Re: Chilling in dreams?

Postby torakrubik » 18 May 2014 02:18

I guess that for most of us, lucid dream time isn't all that regular so we don't want to waste it :P
Dreaming is my drug

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 18 May 2014 17:48

If you'd be in another world, with tons of experiments to do, would you just lay back and sit down? No. You'll want to do all kinds of things. Maybe when you get tired of lucid dreaming or this would be no news to you, you get bored and lay back and relax the whole time.

JonSnowLD

Postby JonSnowLD » 24 May 2014 22:24

Oh no, I wouldn't waste an LD sat around! I meant normal non lucid dreams-what I was trying to say was, if I was sat down in an ordinary dream looking at my surroundings I'd be more likely to notice it was a dreamscape than if I was walking around doing something in a dream as usual. I just feel I'd find it easier to become lucid more regularly (then when I was lucid I would get up and do something ;) )

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 24 May 2014 22:39

Oh, ok. Understand it now. Yes, you have a point there. I too am a laid back guy, somewhat lazy and i'm always doing something in dreams.
Maybe because our dreams starts always with us doing something. Our minds always creates that environment and we "go along the ride". Maybe if a dream starts with us already sitting on a chair, with then "go along that ride": continue to relax.

JonSnowLD

Postby JonSnowLD » 25 May 2014 10:05

That makes sense-if your subconscious has already placed you in the middle of, say a, supermarket, it's pretty unlikely you'll sit down in the middle of it. XD

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 25 May 2014 12:53

I believe that our subconscious creates dreams by searching for memories from the present day and from days past, shuffles them and creates a storyline. Those memories are the ones that got stuck in our minds (even those we can't remember) and they are always "action-based". Stuff we've done different, people we've met, etc. The relaxing, lying in bed, doing nothing is such a trivial day-by-day thing for us that this doesn't mark us anymore. So, we don't dream about that, as we don't dream about brushing the teeth or taking a bath or drinking a cup of water.

Maybe those people who are naturally active, always doing something, non-stop, that have little time to relax (and when they have time to relax, it's a marking experience) maybe they have some dreams about being in a sofa, relaxing and watching tv for example.

JonSnowLD

Postby JonSnowLD » 25 May 2014 16:35

That would make sense with what I experience-I always have a 'goal' in a non lucid dream which involves some form of action. And it very often is based on experiences from the previous day.

Although ironically I did actually dream of having a bath last night! ;) I managed to become lucid (for the first time in like 3 weeks ^_^ ), got up and flew through the window so I guess there are exceptions XD

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

Return to “For Beginners”