Megaman Discussions

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
chaosdragoon13

Re: Megaman Discussions

Postby chaosdragoon13 » 26 May 2014 19:42

Its ok I respect your opinion, I love guns too, I just like it better if it was fair and everyone used swords. People would hone their skills to fight and never rely on guns, so yeah I would love to fight using swords instead of guns.

Anyway, if I would want to travel to other worlds, I would just use chaos control. Its simple, fast, and pretty handy for going to other places in different times. How about you?

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 26 May 2014 21:39

I would use Ventus' Keyblade Glider or if Im in a hurry I'd probably use the Dark Corridor that Organization XIII uses.
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

chaosdragoon13

Postby chaosdragoon13 » 26 May 2014 22:50

Cool. :mrgreen:

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 27 May 2014 01:17

Gun fun

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

chaosdragoon13

Postby chaosdragoon13 » 27 May 2014 11:35

So summer you're a gun guy too huh? Well I guess that's expected since guns has influenced everyone. :lol:

So summer how long did it take you to master lucid dream?

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 27 May 2014 12:34

I've got six years of experience plus a few childhood encounters and I still haven't mastered it. In terms of handling the lucid dream experience, sometimes I do it well, sometimes not so well. :)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

chaosdragoon13

Postby chaosdragoon13 » 27 May 2014 15:16

Boy, how long does this thing takes to master? Really I feel that its almost impossible, but even so I wont stop even if it takes me 100 years. Only a few lucid dreams changed me drastically and they were positive changes. Lucid dreaming unlocks the true potential of the mind, of humans, knowing that it took you 6 years and you haven't mastered it yet is a bit discouraging but it will be worth it.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 27 May 2014 16:48

The question of how long it takes one to master lucid dreaming depends upon how diligent the practitioner is. How long it took me to attain my current level of experience should not discourage you either - don't allow it to! Remember, we are all different as individuals, leading different lives and coming across different obstacles. Some of us are luckier than others in either having more time to devote ourselves to the lucid dreaming cause or being naturals.

In my case, when I first started, I had come across a lot of misleading literature, which, today, as a more sapient individual with the advantage to retrospect, I can tell thwarted my efforts. So I can easily imagine someone else coming across better instructions and the right enthusiasm and brio from the offset.

I also think lucid dreaming can evoke a wide range of emotions and attitudes dependent on the practitioner's perspectives, beliefs, biases, and inclinations. (Some advantageous, some detrimental to practice as well as practical use.) By the way, do tell me about the positive changes you have observed in you, so far, with the practice of lucid dreaming. (I find this fascinating.) 8-)
Last edited by Summerlander on 27 May 2014 20:17, edited 1 time in total.

- Padmasambhava

chaosdragoon13

Postby chaosdragoon13 » 27 May 2014 18:22

Well if you must know :roll: , after 4 lucid dreams I now am aware of my actions and other people's actions more than usual. My memory has expanded to levels I never reached before, I became tolerant to things I normally would get worked up about. I even became more creative in my life, fantasies, the way I think, solving puzzles and more, I think my confidence has also increased. Sometimes I lose my confidence because of some things, but not easily broken, but now I think it is unbreakable. I might have some other adjustments but I am not completely sure, I just feel like a new man like I was reborn. My theory is that when lucid dreaming, if you wanted to become something which relates to the mind you can achieve it. The mind slowly works behind the scenes and you will notice it soon.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 27 May 2014 20:36

Yes, I understand. I've observed similar changes in myself too. It certainly helps you to evolve in a positive way: improving your mood; inspiring the tendency to be more aware which in turn certainly improves memory (as this one is interrelated with consciousness); and it is mind-expanding - especially in the sense of introducing the dreamer to unusual perspectives that go unhampered in the absence of the constraint/distraction of the sensory input that is so prevalent in the waking state - which leads to creativity.

In essence, lucid dreaming is a tool with which one can luridly communicate with the more abstract side of our minds. The kind of mental abstractionism we come across can help us enormously and shouldn't be considered (as we erroneously tend to do) to be completely irrelevant to our day-to-day lives.

Thanks for sharing! :)

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”