Difficulties about Lucid dreams

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Tontonredz

Difficulties about Lucid dreams

Postby Tontonredz » 14 May 2014 00:33

So, basically, I first started to try to lucid dream about 6 months ago. I did not keep a dream journal, but I was meditating alot (everytime I went to bed). Since this time I've had 2 Lucid Dreams, but they were spontaneous, I just woke up in the dream, the lucidity was insane, I can recall almost every detail of the dreams (which they were about 4 months ago). I've had alot of sleep paralysis (at least 10) and something close to an astral projection.

About 1 month ago I started to take Lucid dreaming very seriously, reading stuff every single day, listening to lucid dream hypnosis, meditating, listening to binaural beats etc... I started a dream journal 3 days ago, It has always been simple for me to remember my dreams, so I've had a lot to write when I wake up, with my alarms, I can have at least 3 dreams per night that I recall almost perfectly.

My problem is, that the dream itself is a sign, its so messed up that at literrally every second of my dream I should be able to tell that it is one. But I dont, I try to make reality check regularly but nothing, I'm not able to realize that I am dreaming (of course its the most difficult thing to do, otherwise everyone would LD), but I'm just aksing if someone had the same situation and how can I do to pass this ?

Thanks a lot (sorry for my english, I'm a foreigner)

taniaaust1

Re: Difficulties about Lucid dreams

Postby taniaaust1 » 24 May 2014 12:18

I can see one big problem.

I'm not able to realize that I am dreaming (of course its the most difficult thing to do, otherwise everyone would LD),

This thought you have and are holding could make LD very difficult for you as our dreams comply to our thoughts. So that if you believe it is hard to realise you are dreaming in a dream, it makes you far more unlikely to do that as you will actually be then creating dreams that you dont (and instead of working with you, you wont have your subconsciousness supporting you much in doing this).

I try to make reality check regularly but nothing

What are you doing to reality check? Some do techniques that arent good with this so please share more.

My problem is, that the dream itself is a sign, its so messed up that at literrally every second of my dream I should be able to tell that it is one.

That depends on what form of reality check you are doing. So if you reply to my question, I may be able to advise.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Tontonredz

Postby Tontonredz » 27 May 2014 00:46

Well first, thanks for answering !

So my reality checks are, trying to pierce my own hand with my fingers, I ask myself "am I dreaming" everytime I pass a door or go out of my house.
I take Lucid dreams very seriously, every morning I try to WBTB but with no result (been trying for more than 2 months), but I'm very constant.

Two days ago I had a dream and in the dream I can clearly hear myself saying the words "Dream recall" and "Reality check" but I didnt perform it and I woke up before even realizing I was asleep.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 27 May 2014 23:50

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 06:50, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 May 2014 00:46

Tontonredz wrote:Well first, thanks for answering !

So my reality checks are, trying to pierce my own hand with my fingers, I ask myself "am I dreaming" everytime I pass a door or go out of my house.
I take Lucid dreams very seriously, every morning I try to WBTB but with no result (been trying for more than 2 months), but I'm very constant.

Two days ago I had a dream and in the dream I can clearly hear myself saying the words "Dream recall" and "Reality check" but I didnt perform it and I woke up before even realizing I was asleep.

ok... I cant find a fault with what you are doing to reality check as I assume you are passing throu doorways at times in your dreams and if trying to program yourself to reality check isnt sticking, you do have an issue with that method.

Due to that issue, I suggest those methods with reality checks may not be good in your case (everyone is different, I myself get hardly nowhere with reality checking as it just doesnt seem to come into my dreams much at all). I suggest due to that to try work with the WILD method instead, this way you may flow from a completely awake state to a dream state with no break in your conciousness (or just a split second break) and hence you will already know that you are dreaming when you enter the dream.

Do make sure thou you havent convinced yourself its all hard and probably will not happen (you need to be positive) or it may keep not working for you.

Tontonredz

Postby Tontonredz » 05 Jun 2014 00:00

Thanks for answering all ! Well 1st, I guess I'm going to keep doing reality checks even if that doesnt seem to work very well.
I had a semi lucid dream few days ago, basically in my dream I was in a special unit (FBI or something) and they used lucid dream as training, so I dreamt about lucid dreaming and I actually had 3 in that dream, I knew I was dreaming and aware but somehow I kept doing what I was suppose to do in my dream whithout questionning myself (I was really aware, I had that moment when everything you see seem so real and I remember it as I would remember a vacation).

I tried the WILD technique a lot, almost everytime I listen to hypnosis but I guess I want to have a LD so bad that I just cant let my brain fall into sleep, I always end up changing position (after one and a half hour without moving) and that's kind of annoying.

The WBTB doesnt seem to be working aswell Its been several month that I try at least 5 times a week. My dream journal is getting pretty big as I remember my dreams very well.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 05 Jun 2014 00:22

Tontonredz wrote:I tried the WILD technique a lot, almost everytime I listen to hypnosis but I guess I want to have a LD so bad that I just cant let my brain fall into sleep, I always end up changing position (after one and a half hour without moving) and that's kind of annoying.

The WBTB doesnt seem to be working aswell Its been several month that I try at least 5 times a week. My dream journal is getting pretty big as I remember my dreams very well.

oh laying for 1.5hrs without moving sounds very horrid. I suggest not to be trying that long as you dont want to cause a dislike for this stuff which then may affect your subconciousness (which then could end up working against you). I myself give myself a cut off time of an hour, if its going to happen it should happen before that and its not much good torturing yourself!. (I also dont want to get my body in the habit either of taking that long).

I really hope someone has some suggestions to help you.

If you are laying for 1.5 hrs still and uncomfortable.. and not able to get to sleep. It sounds to me that you may be "trying too hard". Seeing you are having so much trouble the WBTB may be the best technique I'd suggest to focus on seeing one is already very relaxed then. Maybe try WILD with that but dont try too hard, you need to allow your brain to be able to relax enough too.

Tontonredz

Postby Tontonredz » 06 Jun 2014 23:17

Sorry I did not express myself correctly, by one and a half hour I mean half an hour, I think I woudnt be able to not move for one and half hour !
Well, since WBTB seems to be the more effective technique, I shall keep trying and trying and trying again and again and again until I get more LDs, thanks for advises !

Return to “For Beginners”