Hello And Help

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Barbara

Hello And Help

Postby Barbara » 26 May 2014 11:01

Hello, Lucid Dreamers!

O.K. First; I am a new member. Yay!

Second; I really need help! I heard about lucid dreaming and I did all the research. I know about writing a dream journal, reality checks, meditation... I did all that and I even had my first lucid dream; it took me a mount to achieve it.

During my first lucid dream, it was like I had to remind myself that I am dreaming a couple of times. I would ''woke up'' in my dream for more than once. Basically in one moment I would be: ''Oh, Look! I am dreaming!'', then do something random and soon after that I would forgot that I am dreaming and lose the control. It happen again and again and again in the same dream! I do not know is this situation often for the beginners, but I am okay with that because it is was only the first lucid dream.

The real problem is that, since that one time, I can not have lucid dreams again. I am not sure why. The next night after my first lucid dream, I was both excited (I wanted more!) and scared ("What if I won't do it again?"). So, that second night, I have not slept at all. The third night, I counted my fingers in my dream, I realized I was dreaming and in the next second I lost the control - and that was my last touch with the ''lucidity'', even though I do not think it was a lucid dream or even a semi-lucid dream.

I did not gave up, I keep trying. I had a lot of different lucid dreaming applications on my phone, but every application woke me up or did not helped at all.

I even found out somewhere that if you eat cheese before going to bed, you are more lucky to have lucid dreams. That cheese thing did not seemed logical to me, but I tried it; no results!

I can often accidentally wake up super early in the morning, but when I go back to sleep, I do not enter into a lucid dream (even though that is how I had my first lucid dream).

I also see that the dream journal is not working for me, so I stopped writing it. But I do reality checks everyday.

I know that for lucid dreaming you have to be patient. I was and I am, but I am slowly getting angry, because my first lucid dream was now two moths ago.

What should I do?

P.S.
Sorry if I have grammar mistakes, English is not my first language!

Barbara
Last edited by Barbara on 27 May 2014 10:58, edited 4 times in total.

Huckleberryfin1

Re: Hello And Help!

Postby Huckleberryfin1 » 26 May 2014 13:09

Hi

i recently discovered lucid dreaming too, and like you i havnt been able to have one in quite awhile. What seems to be happening to me is that i am semi aware in dreams, having no control at all, but after the dream when i wake up i am remembering the dreams more vividly. This seems to be getting me more in touch with the dream state. This is probobly no help to you but just wanted to share that and maybe it might help you too! Good luck

FC

DreamWalker

Postby DreamWalker » 26 May 2014 13:29

Barbara wrote:Hello, Lucid Dreamers!

O.K. First; I am a new member. Yay!
Second; I really need help! The next night after my first lucid dream, I was both excited (I wanted more!) and scared ("What if I won't do it again?"). So, that second night, I have not slept at all. The third night, I counted my fingers in my dream, I realized I was dreaming and in the next second I lost the control - and that was my last touch with the ''lucidity'', even though I do not think it was a lucid dream or even a semi-lucid dream.
I did not gave up, I keep trying. I had a lot of different lucid dreaming applications on my phone, but every applications woke me up or did not helped at all.
I can often accidentally wake up super early in the morning, but when I go back to sleep, I do not enter into a lucid dream (even though that is how I had my first lucid dream).
I also see that the dream journal is not working for me, so I stopped writing it. But I do reality checks everyday.
I know that for lucid dreaming you have to be patient. I was and I am, but I am slowly getting angry, because my first lucid dream was now two moths ago.

What should I do?

P.S
Sorry if I have grammar mistakes, English is not my first language!

Barbara

Welcome to the forum!
Your English isn't bad to be honest
Second; it's natural to be excited, and want more, but I've learned that being afraid of not being able to lucid dream again, will cause you to not have another one. It creates some kind of mental block.
Of course I'm sure you've heard of touching objects around you to stabilize the dream, I'm not sure, but it could help maintain wakefulness in the dream as well.

I suggest using binaural beats over the lucid dreaming apps, specifically the 'theta' ones known to help induce lucid dreaming. I didn't see a difference without these, but I believe results vary from person to person, so couldn't hurt trying!

I believe between hourly reality checks, the dream journal, and auto suggestion (through MILD technique) have resulted me to have a lucid dream.

Even though at times the dream journal seems useless at times, it's best to documents very dream you remember, so oh you can go over them, find patterns, and familiarize yourself with your own dream scenes and dream signs, which will reoccur in future dreams. Familiarize yourself, and soon you will naturally realize your dreaming, without even thinking about it really, it'll just suddenly happen. At least that was my experience.
Hope this helps (:
[ Post made via iPad ] Image
I sincerely appreciate all help given.
I sincerely appreciate the dedication each member has put into this forum.
This mass of information would not be present, nor easily organized without you.
Thank you.

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 26 May 2014 21:52

Barbara, It seems to me that many people develop their lucid dreaming ability gradually, with a very unpredictable pattern of lucid dream occurrence. This has been true for me. It's important to be patient. You can't order your unconscious mind to produce lucid dreams.

Consistently keeping a dream journal really enhances recall of both ordinary and lucid dreams. It's also very helpful to think about one's personal associations regarding the often symbolic, metaphorical language of dreams. Explore the many helpful articles Rebecca Turner has at the home page of this website - menu - categories.

Three of my favorite books about dreams and lucid dreaming are -
- Lucid Dreaming: The Gateway To The Inner Self - by Robert Waggoner
- The Wisdom Of Your Dreams - by Jeremy Taylor
- Man And His Symbols - By C.G. Jung

Barbara

Re: Hello And Help

Postby Barbara » 28 May 2014 07:59

Thank you all very much for answering! I appreciate it!

Barb

Return to “Introduce Yourself”