Vibrations/bodily sensations

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Lucidbassist

Vibrations/bodily sensations

Postby Lucidbassist » 08 May 2014 00:28

Hey all,

The other night after meditating for a good 15 minutes or so, apart from feeling very soft and relaxed I started to feel some vibrations in my arm. This is the second time this has happened, first time was vibrations in my back. I have read up on info regarding vibrations before and know this is a pretty normal stage the body can go through when going to sleep, and everyone says to just go with the flow and relax if you get these vibrations. That's the problem..

Although I am aware of this step and know what to do, as soon as I get a vibration my body goes all warm and tingles and my heart rate starts to pick up. I try to stay calm but become too awake maybe from excitement of reaching a new limit during guided meditation.

To anybody else who has experienced vibrations.. personally how to do you stay calm and do you have any tips/advice?

Best regards :D

Highlander

Re: Vibrations/bodily sensations

Postby Highlander » 08 May 2014 10:34

I still don't have that when doing meditation, but i have that when doing WILD. I can pass through that because i know that vibrations and fast heartbeat are normal. So, even when you are feeling this, just continue to breathe slowly and keep in mind that this is normal. Of course, it's almost impossible to not be full alert in the first couple of seconds but then it will go away.

TillyPink

Postby TillyPink » 09 May 2014 01:38

Yes, as Highlander said. Just keep bringing your focus back to your breathing. It's ok to feel excitement. And any other emotion. But don't get carried away with the feeling, Just acknowledge it, and let it pass through.

imaginecinema

Postby imaginecinema » 09 May 2014 04:08

I've had crazy vibrations before while doing hypnosis. It's really a bunch of nervous energy; your body trying to take control and stay awake. If your goal is to get to sleep, don't try to fight it. Just remember to relax and try to dissolve. Imagine your limbs as lead weights. Pretty much helps for me.

Lucidbassist

Postby Lucidbassist » 09 May 2014 09:07

Thanks for the great advice guys! I'll keep exploring and try reach new limits and hopefully gain more control/awareness.

[ Post made via Windows Smartphone ] Image

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 09 May 2014 13:49

The vibrations is a strong indication that the brain state responsible for lucid dreaming is about to manifest itself. If you get excited at this stage, you will ruin it and you will find yourself in a situation where palpitations and a change in body temperature are perceived. This is because the amygdala has triggered the release of adrenaline which in turn accelerates the heart rate and messes with the body's thermic regulation. You will find it impossible to relax during this adrenaline rush.

To prevent the "adrenaline rush," just focus on amplifying the vibrations with your mind. As soon as they've reached a peak (and you should be able to achieve this within seconds), just get up (or use a "separation technique) and you should find yourself lucid in dreamland.

Remember: getting up at that stage may feel physically real and I urge you to continue and to not have doubts. You will get a shocker when you perform a reality check to confirm that you stand in a dream world.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

beadietux

Postby beadietux » 28 May 2014 08:28

I experienced this as well and what helped me get past it is that I pushed my body down into the bed and then I would slip into a WILD and I would sink what would seem like many many feet and wind up in my dream landscape. The vibrations stopped once I made that transition into the lucid state. I also experienced loud noises...usually a gun shot. That took a long time to get over. Now I don't hear any noises and my vibrations are pretty minimal...I just slip right into the lucid dream as soon as I feel them coming on.

DreamWalker

Postby DreamWalker » 28 May 2014 18:15

Summerlander wrote:Remember: getting up at that stage may feel physically real and I urge you to continue and to not have doubts. You will get a shocker when you perform a reality check to confirm that you stand in a dream world.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Do you mean to try to physically get up, or do you mean to visualize getting up? cause what if you think you've reached the peak of that stage, get up, and your not in a LD because you got up too early? Or is it guaranteed if you try to physically get up while in this stage you will likely be in a dream .-.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
I sincerely appreciate all help given.
I sincerely appreciate the dedication each member has put into this forum.
This mass of information would not be present, nor easily organized without you.
Thank you.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”