New here, but not to LD

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
nesgirl

New here, but not to LD

Postby nesgirl » 26 May 2014 01:47

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 06:47, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

DreamWalker

Re: New here, but not to LD

Postby DreamWalker » 26 May 2014 13:14

Welcome to the forum nesgirl! A wonderful community awaits you here. Now to the material
nesgirl wrote:I may be a newbie, but I'd be happy to answer questions from users struggling with the WILD technique or with SP since I have been using it naturally since I was young.

How did WILDs get you in trouble at school? They where catching you sleeping in class or something?

Lol anyways I've had 1 short lucid dream last week in the 2 months I've been trying so far, probably doing the MILD technique every night. I feel if I can go straight into a lucid dream from waking consciousness, I should be able to develop a sense of increased familiarity with the dream state so I can increase my chances of LDing every night. My problem is I haven't had any success with the WILD technique.

I've read a couple different tutorials on how to do it, one told me to wake up at around 3:00 AM, and perform the 'stop drop and roll' exercise until I am put into a SP, and from there I should be able to induce into a lucid dream.
Well I've tried this stop drop and roll method, and I can't seem to get into sleep paralysis. I'm thinking it's because I'm doing something wrong, any tips? Has this method worked for you in the past?

I'm sure there's more than 1 way,
What other methods have you used to successfully WILD?

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
I sincerely appreciate all help given.
I sincerely appreciate the dedication each member has put into this forum.
This mass of information would not be present, nor easily organized without you.
Thank you.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 27 May 2014 05:39

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 06:47, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

DreamWalker

Postby DreamWalker » 27 May 2014 17:23

Wow, very interesting, so sleep peralysis us completely necessary for entering a WILD? Necessary for being aware of the dream from the beginning?
And you mean to lie there for hours until entering sleep peralysis, but without falling asleep? Is that something we can really control?
Cause I've always had a trouble falling asleep, but after an hour or two of lying there I end up falling asleep, unless it's like an afternoon nap or something. .-. Should this mean I should try it in the later afternoon hours after a cup of coffee or two?
1 more question, I've only been able to lucid dream twice, mainly using the MILD technique, one of them I even forgot I realized I was dreaming and lost lucidity .-. Should I wait to become more experienced before trying to WILD? So i don't forget and lose lucidity? Or is that not a problem with this WILD technique since I'll be lucid from the beginning of the dream.
Ahh so many questions I'm sorry .-.
Thank you for your help though(:

This mass of information would not be present, nor easily organized without you.
Thank you.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 27 May 2014 22:01

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 06:48, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

DreamWalker

Postby DreamWalker » 28 May 2014 01:11

Anything you can recommend I keep my mind on as I'm attempting not to fall asleep while lying down for hours? And someone told me that breathing through your nose causes you to close your mouth, so your jaw muscles tense, preventing you from entering SP. Is this true? Cause I gotta swallow periodically if my mouth stays open xD and it's irritating.

Thank you.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 28 May 2014 02:24

Goodbye forever...

DreamWalker

Postby DreamWalker » 29 May 2014 13:10

Oh and BTW, I posted that WILD I got in trouble for in the dream section. I got into a bit of trouble for posting it though. I kind of always get into trouble for talking about those WILDs though so that's nothing new.[/quote]

I'll definitely see if the TV in the middle of the night method puts me into SP, but I've never actually been put in SP involuntarily, so I don't know how that'll work out..

Oh and I've been having, all of a sudden, recent success with the MIlD technique. I've had my first 3 lucid dreams in the past 2 weeks..

My first lucid dream, I tried to summon a DC by concentrating on a spot, waiting for a DC to appear, then I woke up. I was later informed I probably woke myself up by trying this

My second one, I did a RC, realized I was dreaming, then my friend kept talking and I forgot I was in a dream, and lost lucidity,

And for the 3rd LD I had just this morning, I was walking in the hallway with my friend, (I don't hang out with anymore) and he mentions something about dreaming, and I realize and tell him, "oh yeah, I'm dreaming right now!" Then is tapped him on the shoulder and said "just kidding man I'm not dreaming" to avoid him denying me the fact I was indeed dreaming. Then I immediately woke up. Frustrated cause of yet another wasted LD opprotunity..

So here's my final question for you.. How come I keep waking up within minutes of becoming lucid, when even on my first time I made a point to stay calm? I never ran around and shouted "I'm dreaming!" Like other people did to wake themselves up, I simply think, 'okay I'm dreaming. Let's observe.' But before I can observe or really do anything I wake up .-.
I don't even feel my heart rate rised or anything upon waking up

Please help.. It's frustrating, and I don't wanna waste another LD opprotunity I get like the first 3 I had :(

Thank you.

DreamWalker

Postby DreamWalker » 29 May 2014 13:12

[/quote]Oh and BTW, I posted that WILD I got in trouble for in the dream section. I got into a bit of trouble for posting it though. I kind of always get into trouble for talking about those WILDs though so that's nothing new.[/quote]

Oo I was gonna ask you to post the dream somewhere, I was interested, I hope it isn't taken down by now (given you got into some trouble for it, which is a shame) ima check it out right now!
I'll definitely see if the TV in the middle of the night method puts me into SP, but I've never actually been put in SP involuntarily, so I don't know how that'll work out..

Oh and I've been having, all of a sudden, recent success with the MIlD technique. I've had my first 3 lucid dreams in the past 2 weeks..

My first lucid dream, I tried to summon a DC by concentrating on a spot, waiting for a DC to appear, then I woke up. I was later informed I probably woke myself up by trying this

My second one, I did a RC, realized I was dreaming, then my friend kept talking and I forgot I was in a dream, and lost lucidity,

And for the 3rd LD I had just this morning, I was walking in the hallway with my friend, (I don't hang out with anymore) and he mentions something about dreaming, and I realize and tell him, "oh yeah, I'm dreaming right now!" Then is tapped him on the shoulder and said "just kidding man I'm not dreaming" to avoid him denying me the fact I was indeed dreaming. Then I immediately woke up. Frustrated cause of yet another wasted LD opprotunity..

So here's my final question for you.. How come I keep waking up within minutes of becoming lucid, when even on my first time I made a point to stay calm? I never ran around and shouted "I'm dreaming!" Like other people did to wake themselves up, I simply think, 'okay I'm dreaming. Let's observe.' But before I can observe or really do anything I wake up .-.
I don't even feel my heart rate rised or anything upon waking up

Please help.. It's frustrating, and I don't wanna waste another LD opprotunity I get like the first 3 I had :(

[ Post made via iPad ] Image[/quote]

Thank you.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 29 May 2014 17:52

Goodbye forever...

Return to “Introduce Yourself”