Does anyone have pain during their dream?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
redbird

Does anyone have pain during their dream?

Postby redbird » 29 May 2014 14:15

I've been having these I guess they are LD's for about a year now. The past few I have experienced pain in them. Last night I was forced down and could not get up and something was biting my hand really hard and it was painful. When I finally got out of my LD and was able to move, I went into the bathroom and turned on the light and there was swelling where the pain was. I am very fearful of these dreams and don't know why I have started experiencing these, but I wished they would stop!

Redbird

nesgirl

Re: Does anyone have pain during their dream?

Postby nesgirl » 29 May 2014 18:46

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 06:43, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

MAKER

Postby MAKER » 30 May 2014 06:46

I'm somewhat in agreeance with nes, you probably were bit by a bug and the physical sensation blended over into your dreamworld.

As for pain in dreams though, I experience this from time to time. Recently (past 6 months or so) I have had dreams where I will have pain in my legs and cannot walk, and I do not have any pain in my legs normally, so I believe it is only in my dream. Sometimes the pain makes me walk slow, or not able to at all, so I get on all fours and run that way. Huge dream sign for me, but so far I've only done it unconsciously.

nesgirl wrote:Edit: Oh, and redbird, please do a little something. Don't bump old topics (any topic that is over a month old is probably not a good idea to post in). Other users on here tend to get kind of angry when a user brings back old topics.

As for my opinion, anyone can post into any of my old topics. I love the discussions on this forum, and any new idea, philosophy, opinion, etc. etc. are always welcome. If I don't want to respond, I won't, but I'll always at least read the response out of curiosity and interest. Just my two-cents, though I couldn't imagine somebody being angry over someone adding to a discussion.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 30 May 2014 17:57

MAKER wrote:
As for my opinion, anyone can post into any of my old topics. I love the discussions on this forum, and any new idea, philosophy, opinion, etc. etc. are always welcome. If I don't want to respond, I won't, but I'll always at least read the response out of curiosity and interest. Just my two-cents, though I couldn't imagine somebody being angry over someone adding to a discussion.

I've actually had bad experiences of that when I was a complete newbie years ago and others getting angry at me for doing that long ago, so I thought I'd say something.
I was on forums and websites years ago so I have a little experience. However, I wasn't ever able to stay on one for long if I ever mentioned one of my weird WILDs, not because there was ever anything legally inappropriate about them, just because I often received odd/negative reception if I told/tell someone about them in full detail (I am a bit jinxed, or my WILDs are)
Goodbye forever...

MAKER

Postby MAKER » 30 May 2014 19:46

nesgirl wrote:I was on forums and websites years ago so I have a little experience. However, I wasn't ever able to stay on one for long if I ever mentioned one of my weird WILDs, not because there was ever anything legally inappropriate about them, just because I often received odd/negative reception if I told/tell someone about them in full detail

That's no bueno. Sorry to hear that, but there's at least one person on here that wouldn't get angry (me) :D . I love everything this forum is about, so any and all info is a good read to me, SPECIALLY the weird stuff!

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 30 May 2014 20:12

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 06:43, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 02 Jun 2014 11:52

nesgirl wrote:Edit: Oh, and redbird, please do a little something. Don't bump old topics (any topic that is over a month old is probably not a good idea to post in). Other users on here tend to get kind of angry when a user brings back old topics.

Ive been at this forum for quite a time now and I have NEVER seen anyone get angry over a bumped up old post.

I myself like seeing old posts bumped back if people want to discuss things on them, I much prefer that then having the same subject posted over and over and over again in new posts (which can get montonous to those who have been here for quite a while and often end up having to say the same thing over and over again to posts on the same question). Like this post, there is old posts on this and it would of been great if the poster had seen one and bumped it to add his experience in and maybe then he would of seen my past replies on this topic.

I've actually had bad experiences of that when I was a complete newbie years ago and others getting angry at me for doing that long ago, so I thought I'd say something.
I was on forums and websites years ago so I have a little experience.

Websites arent all the same.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 02 Jun 2014 12:12

redbird wrote:I've been having these I guess they are LD's for about a year now. The past few I have experienced pain in them. Last night I was forced down and could not get up and something was biting my hand really hard and it was painful. When I finally got out of my LD and was able to move, I went into the bathroom and turned on the light and there was swelling where the pain was. I am very fearful of these dreams and don't know why I have started experiencing these, but I wished they would stop!

Redbird

Yes one can feel pain in a LD, Ive felt intense pain in one of mine. I tried flying in my LD, tried to throw myself in the air but turned out instead of flying, I crashed/belly flopped onto concrete. It truely felt like I broke ribs, the pain was agony. I wont be trying that one in a hurry again!

The other thing which happened, its hard to know exactly what happened with that for following reasons.

1/ Things happening to our physical body when we are asleep, we often will incorporate that into a dream eg the something biting your hand in your dream, may of been created by something truely biting your physical body.

Not good if you were in sleep paralyses some and couldnt wake up or struggling to bring yourself out of the dream. Next time think of your physical bodies toe and try hard to wiggle that. That will help bring you out of the state and help you to wake up.

2/ Note.. the following is VERY UNCOMMON. Its happened to me thou once and I known several others who this has happened to over the years (it seems to happen more to those who do OBE stuff thou the one time I had issues with this was with a dream). There is something in occultic circles called repercussion... not just in occultic (yogi/wiccain etc) circles but also the Catholics? I think it is and others believe in a form of this (thou have a different explaination of it).

Its when ones own thought forms affect the physical body or one is astrally attacked.. the thoughts damage the "etheric body" (a bit like the astral body but its slightly denser and usually protective some of the physical body) and then the damage in the etheric body, it can imprints onto the physical body due to ones thoughts and one then ends up with marks or whatever on the physical body. (sorry if that sounded complex).

Its throu this same action in which people have been known to manifest onto their skin, burn marks when hypnotised and touched on the arm with a pencil while telling the person its a burning cigarette.

Its also throu this in which stigmata occurs http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stigmata .. I suggest to check this out.

Those who do astral projection, its more common in these. Some when they run into astral entities end up with bites and scratch marks etc. which can be found in places they couldnt have bitten or whatever eg a human like bite mark appearing on ones back.

In my own experience with this, I dreamed I was attacked by someone carrying a sword. He cut me down my inner arm from my elbow to wrist. I then woke up with a sore arm which was marked in that very spot.. like a big welt mark running down that area. My arm then ended up swelling. I had a swollen whole forearm there for 3 days after that dream! (sure I could of scratched myself a very straight deep line down my arm in my sleep but no way could of that of made my whole forearm swell for days, it hadnt broke skin even.. just well marked).

I used to have a friend who could astral project at will and used to fight astral entities. She used to often wake up all scratched up, even her back in places she couldnt reach.

Repercussion (or it may be reprecussion.. forget what the correct word is).. is talked about only in advanced astral or occultic books eg A.E POWELL's book The Astral Body and other astral phenomena. Also Im not sure but I have a feeling Alice Bailey may of mentioned this in one of her books. Also Dion Fortune I think has mentioned this. Its something most do not know about and as I said it isnt at all common to experience but it can and does happen and something not that uncommon in experienced astral projecters who fight things or experiencing a bad astral attack.

Its far more likely you got bit by an insect and if I had your experience, that is what I'd be thinking. Im sharing this other thou just in case you ever do end up with marks which there are no way to explain them.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”