Getting into trouble over a Lucid Dream

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
nesgirl

Getting into trouble over a Lucid Dream

Postby nesgirl » 28 May 2014 19:26

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 06:42, edited 5 times in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

Karin

Re: Getting into trouble over a Lucid Dream

Postby Karin » 28 May 2014 20:52

Nesgirl,

I wanted to reply more extensively but first I wanted to ask you what you mean by 'undead'. I don't want to reply something that you will interpret as 'undead' because I didn't know what it means. The only 'undead' I know about is zombie movies (I am in my 40's)...

Besides that, if I were in your shoes, I would be careful with whom I share my LDs. Some people find it very threatening when something occurs that does not fit within the box of their belief system, and so as they feel threatened, they will attack (call you crazy, liar, etc...).

Actually, I think most people find it very difficult to deal with an event that cannot be explained by their current view of what 'reality' is. However, that's how great discoveries are made, and that's how our understanding of what reality is can evolve and deepen.

Karin

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 28 May 2014 21:41

Deleted
Last edited by nesgirl on 24 Jul 2014 01:56, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

Karin

Postby Karin » 28 May 2014 23:04

Oh OK, thanks for explaining 'undead' to me!

By the way, I think a lucid dream forum is likely more open-minded than the average crowd (I hope). I personally love to hear stories like yours.

Concerning your dream experiences, it sounds to me like you have to go to great lengths to 'explain them away' yourself. Maybe future dream experiences will help you determine if what happened was just coincidence or not. Because if it happens again and again, it will be more and more unlikely that it was just coincidences, in my opinion.

The problem is, if it wasn't just a coincidence, I would think it will be difficult for you to find people who can explain to you what is happening: you might hear a variety of unverifiable theories, and I am pretty sure you won't hear a scientific explanation, since according to current science, what you described is impossible. But current science does not know everything.

Anyways, I think it takes a lot of courage to be exploring as you do, to share and to be seeking explanations. Maybe trust your instinct for determining what is true for you. Maybe you can come up with your own theory about how such experiences are possible? Maybe you can even use your dream states to ask questions and get better clarity about what is going on?

Besides 'undead' theories, how about this theory (if it doesn't make sense to you just discard it): what if waking reality is in fact a sort of non-lucid dream that our consciousness is having, and we forgot who we really are beyond this dream? Kind of like a non-lucid shared dream with others? In this 'reality dream', we have our life and at night we have dreams (lucid or not) within the dream. Most of us might be hyper-focused in the 'reality dream', totally believing that it's all there is, and totally buying into the rules of physics, but maybe a few people are a little more 'awake', more 'lucid, and able to connect with others at levels beyond the dream and 'bend' the rules a bit? Maybe some children with handicaps have more difficulties to function well in the 'reality dream' precisely because they are less focused there and more aware of other levels?

Karin

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 29 May 2014 02:49

Deleted
Last edited by nesgirl on 24 Jul 2014 01:56, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

obi__juan

Postby obi__juan » 31 May 2014 07:35

Drowsy, I decided to induce a WILD on the couch. Using SP, I took control of my Dream body and opened my dream eyes, got off the couch and started to fly (in the WILD). (in certain WILDs, I am clothed in a white robe, have a blue glowing sash wrapped around me and behind me leads back to where I started the WILD [typical Lucid Dream symbol, and a bit similar to Alice in Wonderland I think], and am a full grown young adult) I was still in the classroom and nothing seemed to change at all (a little bit of LD clarity though). I then decided I wanted to fly to the skating center where everyone was. So I flew at dream speed to the skating center (which didn't seem to change from the one from reality, although it had LD clarity), and after positioning myself in front of a pillar, I just observed everyone skate. I thought I was completely invisible, until one of the kids stopped dead in front of me, turned around, looked right into my eyes, called out my name, and we started to chat. Then one of the teachers asks who his imaginary friend is. He shakes his head and says he's talking to me. We resume chatting. I eventually feel like I need to end my WILD. I then fly away speedily away from the skating center, back to the classroom, and back to the couch, ending my WILD. Just in time for the bell for my next class.

This sounds less like a Lucid Dream and more like an Astral Projection. Astral Projection isn't quite scientifically proven but it is theorized that it is a different plane of existence. Not undead or anything, just different. I have some experience with this and very extensive knowledge but it sounds to me as if you crossed the very thin threshold between dreams and reality that most people dont even know exists. Let me know if you have questions.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 31 May 2014 18:22

Deleted.
Last edited by nesgirl on 24 Jul 2014 01:55, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

obi__juan

Postby obi__juan » 31 May 2014 23:09

Just a thought. Pretty wild though. lol, see what I did there.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 01 Jun 2014 23:57

Deleted
Last edited by nesgirl on 24 Jul 2014 01:59, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 02 Jun 2014 13:25

obi__juan wrote:This sounds less like a Lucid Dream and more like an Astral Projection. Astral Projection isn't quite scientifically proven but it is theorized that it is a different plane of existence. Not undead or anything, just different. I have some experience with this and very extensive knowledge but it sounds to me as if you crossed the very thin threshold between dreams and reality that most people dont even know exists. Let me know if you have questions.

[quote=nesgirl] Problem is I was aware I was dreaming inside the WILD. And there were dream signs in there (like flying, invisibility, phasing, that clone, etc), so I took into account that it was a Lucid dream (I always reality check, even in reality, and knowing a bit in science, anytime there is something that doesn't follow the laws of science will automatically make the whole area of existence I currently am in a dream). It to me was an observant Lucid Dream, and nothing more (I have observant WILDs quite often in fact, although people do not like it when I talk about them). And to me, everything occurs inside the mind. Also to me, you can literally Lucid Dream about anything you wish and still have it be a Lucid Dream.
That subject gets into the undead, like ghosts and whatever. (shivers). I think I would rather talk about it being a Lucid Dream[/quote]

Its like you are wanting people to tell you about what looks like a spider bite when you do not want spiders spoken about!

think of things like this. It is possible to daydream during a day when fully asleep, people do it at school all the time!. It is also possible to be dreaming some while having an astral projection and to be experiencing a bit of both things.

That child.. its very likely he can see things most cant and saw you astrally and did in fact talk to you. Some children can not distingish between astral things and physical beings. I had a very gifted child in that area who often could see things. We even saw the same things at times. That child if he can see that, he can see other things too.. ask him what he sees around your body (he may describe your aura).

I will say no more as you do not really want people talking about it.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”