Lost at work

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
Karin

Lost at work

Postby Karin » 31 May 2014 16:40

This is one of the recurring non-lucid dreams I have had for over a decade, until 2012.

In this dream, I am working in a building that has several floors and several rooms. There are several coworkers there, some of them working in the same room as I am. It is mostly scientific development labs with technical equipment and workstations.

I can see everyone busily working around me, knowing exactly what they have to do, and moving forward with their experiments. I however do not know what I have to do. I am not sure where my workbench is, I don't know exactly what my project is about, I don't have tools and equipment. I know I am supposed to be doing something, I am paid to be here and something is expected from me, but I don't know what it is. I feel very powerless and uncertain. I really want to know what to do, but I don't know whom to ask. This goes on and on, and everyday I show up at work, yet I don't get anything done. Nobody is saying anything to me, I don't get fired, but it feels awful. It feels like a complete waste of time and one day there will be a price to pay.

Now here is an interesting part: at some point, I realize that somewhere in the building there are the mailboxes with all our communications and mail. I had forgotten about that. I manage to find out that the mailboxes are in the basement. Once I finally find them, I don't know which one is mine. Once I know that, I realize I need a key to open it, and I don't have it. I realize my mail box is full of mail that I never read, and I feel awful for missing all that. I wake up without ever finding out details about these communications or with what my work goals are.

The emotional landscape within this dream is one of feeling awful, guilty, upset, frustrated and powerless.

(Note: In real life I am a stay-at-home mom of two children, one with special needs, and prior to that I used to work as a scientist/engineer for a decade, but I never had issues such as described in this dream.)

My interpretation is the following:

For about a decade while this dream was occurring, I could not figure it out. Taken literally, I thought maybe it reflected some guilt of staying home with my children and not working for money. However, this interpretation didn't feel right to me. I felt no guilt for staying home, quite the contrary because one of my kids needed a lot of extra support, and also I was quite happy with being able to dedicate myself to my children, which is what I always wanted.

Only last year, I suddenly understood what this dream meant: until 2012, I was totally believing in a materialist/reductionist worldview. I was 100% convinced this was right. I was absolutely certain my mind/consciousness was the product of my brain chemistry, and I was at the mercy of all the random occurrences of the world. Religion, philosophy, psychology, etc... all sounded like total nonsense and pointless 'brain masturbation' exercises. Death would be annihilation of consciousness and that was fine with me.

In 2012, I suddenly remembered something very simple: I was consciousness having a physical experience, and my body, brain and mind were just temporary tools, not who I was. Following this startling and completely unexpected realization, I decided to start meditating, and on the first try, I felt the reconnection with my higher self. It wasn't drums and trumpets and fireworks, just a deep feeling, an absolute knowing that I had finally reconnected to something bigger, and I could talk/pray to it, and receive answers in the form of sudden insights. What I asked it is to show me who I am and what is real, and since then my view of the world and myself slowly and completely shifted, inside out, upside down, and it's been so awesome and fascinating to wake up every morning wondering what I am going to find out today.

So then I understood that this dream symbolized the disconnection with my higher self: I felt purposeless in this world, without clear directions, because I had cut myself from the part of me that is running the show from above. I was living my life, waking up every day (showing up at work), but I did not know my purpose, I was not accomplishing what I came here to accomplish. The mailbox issue was symbolizing the lack of communication with my higher self, who was trying to send me messages down here, but I could not figure them out.

As soon as the reconnection took place, this recurring dream stopped. I believe I now know how to check my messages and I must be doing what I am supposed to be doing, finally. I still don't know what my 'purpose' in life is, but I feel like I am moving in the right direction.

There are two other recurring dreams linked to this one that I might share later.

Uvita Henville

Re: Lost at work

Postby Uvita Henville » 01 Jun 2014 00:07

Hi Karin,

That sounds absolutely brilliant. You have indeed found out what these reoccurring dreams mean for you. You see we all dream but rarely take the time to ask ourselves questions about why we dream. The unconscious mind is always trying to speak to us in our dreams through symbols. All it takes is to do what you did. Which is ask the questions: why am I dreaming about this dream? What is the meaning of this dream symbol in relation to what I am going through now. Keep going with these questions. I am glad you have made the connection to your higher self. Therefore I am confident you will find your life purpose.

Love, Uvita.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 01 Jun 2014 03:34

Back to my edifice of the dream representing our inner psyche, the basement represents your subconscious. It's where we store things we don't need right away, but store it. Another place would be the attic.

Look at anyone's house. Why do they have all that stuff? We don't need it. It's just clutter. As George Carlin would say, "Everyone's else's stuff is shit, and all my shit is stuff!" 8-)

The basement or attic of our minds is where we keep our keepsakes and things we can't use, yet can't throw away. We live in the living room, looking out the window to the outside world, knowing that stuff is still there.

Why does anybody work? To get money to buy more stuff! To get that you need a purpose in business.

It's an endless cycle. You work to make things nobody needs to get paid and buy things you don't need. Perhaps you are starting to wake up to it. It's something we knew all along, but kept buried deep in our mental basements. Advertisements barking at you, telling you what you think you should possess to be happy is a fallacy.

I think your higher self will agree. You don't need a purpose in business; You need a purpose in life.

What's the meaning of life? To satisfy our emotions and be in a state of bliss, however you want to achieve it. That's all animals ever do and we are no different. Don't forget, we humans are just apes, smart ones, but still just irrational apes flinging poo at each other and going into battle with rival troops just like our cousins, if you catch my drift.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Karin

Postby Karin » 01 Jun 2014 12:30

Great, thanks again HAGART! This adds a new perspective to this dream!

Karin

Postby Karin » 01 Jun 2014 12:30

Thanks a lot for your encouragement, Uvita! :)

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 Jun 2014 12:48

In 2012, I suddenly remembered something very simple: I was consciousness having a physical experience, and my body, brain and mind were just temporary tools, not who I was. Following this startling and completely unexpected realization, I decided to start meditating, and on the first try, I felt the reconnection with my higher self. It wasn't drums and trumpets and fireworks, just a deep feeling, an absolute knowing that I had finally reconnected to something bigger, and I could talk/pray to it, and receive answers in the form of sudden insights. What I asked it is to show me who I am and what is real, and since then my view of the world and myself slowly and completely shifted, inside out, upside down, and it's been so awesome and fascinating to wake up every morning wondering what I am going to find out today.

So then I understood that this dream symbolized the disconnection with my higher self:

Thanks for sharing your dream and your experience. Im glad you realised that.

One thing I'd like to say, HAGART thou has already said it. Basements generally represent subconciousness self. (Attics the higher self). The best way thou for a persons higher self to start being heard at first is is throu the subconscious self .. hence why you had the basement. In time if you keep listening to your subconciousness, you will be climbing stairs in dreams and find yourself in the attic (and maybe finding treasure of some kind).

Your dream was very easy to see what it was about. I find it interesting how so many symbols have universal meaning and that peoples dreams use them even if the people dont understand themselves what they mean. The subconsciousness really does have its own language. (so be careful who you share dreams with if you dont want them to know all about you :) )

Once I know that, I realize I need a key to open it, and I don't have it.

You do have that key now :)
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Karin

Postby Karin » 03 Jun 2014 15:46

Thanks Taniaaust1. That stuff is SOOO fascinating!

I haven't had any 'attic' dreams, but recently I had a dream where I was on the third floor of a building, and I needed to go to the fifth floor to retrieve my purse that I had lost while taking a tour of a new addition to the building. The problem is that the direct way from the third floor to the fifth floor was in construction and I couldn't make it through. I then went down to the ground floor, found the entrance lobby, and asked them there how to get to the fifth floor, and I was directed to an elevator that was hidden in a corner of the ground floor, that was going directly to the fifth floor room, where I knew my purse could be retrieved.

By the way, there also was a sixth floor but that wasn't my concern. Also, next to the purse retrieval room on the fifth floor there was the first-aid room. In the dream I wondered why the first-aid room would be a such a hidden place. Maybe 5th and 6th floor aren't the attic yet, though, even though that was higher than my 'living quarters'.

That reminds me: As a child, I had a recurring nightmare where I was in an elevator. I would press the button to the 4th floor (that's where my apartment was in the dream and in real life back then), the elevator would rise, but it would not stop at the 4th floor. Instead, it would continue rising, and that was terrifying for me. There were 8 floors in that building (both in the dream and in real life), and as the elevator would continue rising to 5, 6 7 and 8, my terror would grow. That would turn to horror as the elevator would not stop at floor 8 but continue rising beyond that. It was so scary I would wake up screaming. Somehow, I wasn't terrified of the elevator crashing down, I was terrified of the elevator rising beyond the top of the building!

If any one has an interpretation to that I would love to hear it. That was so mystifying for me...

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 04 Jun 2014 10:47

Karin wrote:Thanks Taniaaust1. That stuff is SOOO fascinating!

I haven't had any 'attic' dreams, but recently I had a dream where I was on the third floor of a building, and I needed to go to the fifth floor to retrieve my purse that I had lost while taking a tour of a new addition to the building. The problem is that the direct way from the third floor to the fifth floor was in construction and I couldn't make it through. I then went down to the ground floor, found the entrance lobby, and asked them there how to get to the fifth floor, and I was directed to an elevator that was hidden in a corner of the ground floor, that was going directly to the fifth floor room, where I knew my purse could be retrieved.

By the way, there also was a sixth floor but that wasn't my concern. Also, next to the purse retrieval room on the fifth floor there was the first-aid room. In the dream I wondered why the first-aid room would be a such a hidden place. Maybe 5th and 6th floor aren't the attic yet, though, even though that was higher than my 'living quarters'.

That reminds me: As a child, I had a recurring nightmare where I was in an elevator. I would press the button to the 4th floor (that's where my apartment was in the dream and in real life back then), the elevator would rise, but it would not stop at the 4th floor. Instead, it would continue rising, and that was terrifying for me. There were 8 floors in that building (both in the dream and in real life), and as the elevator would continue rising to 5, 6 7 and 8, my terror would grow. That would turn to horror as the elevator would not stop at floor 8 but continue rising beyond that. It was so scary I would wake up screaming. Somehow, I wasn't terrified of the elevator crashing down, I was terrified of the elevator rising beyond the top of the building!

If any one has an interpretation to that I would love to hear it. That was so mystifying for me...

Very interesting recent dream and I personally think that is very likely connected and a follow on to those others you put here. What is very interesting to me is the floors in that dream. If you ever get into earth vibrational shift stuff and how people grow and change in the frequencies, your dream seems to be very relevant to that.

eg most people are functioning at a 3rd dimensional level (being on the 3rd floor).. grounded in normal physical human reality but for some throu various activities eg meditation is one which can cause this to occur... they start changing, their frequency/energy/vibration or whatever one wishes to call it, starts shifting and raising to a higher level. (Its unconscious slight kundalini activation going on.. kundalini may be represented by snake/s so you may want to watch out for that in your dreams). People gain new awareness as this happens to parts of their self (higher self ect) they werent awarely connected to before.

If they keep progressing, one starts functioning at a 4th Dimension level (at that point you will be on the 4th floor or have access of it when you start hitting that level and have new skills available for you to discover). The 4th dimensional level is where psychic gifts come into things and start manifesting for a person. This is where you are currently moving to.

The person may suddenly find they can "read" others empathatically, feel energy, have some clairvoyance experiences and other psi skills eg natural OBE experiences can come into play at this 4th level. Its a huge jump going from the 3rd (a solid stable physical world) to the 4th. The 4th level can be quite tough for some.

The thing is once one starts shifting out the the 3rd.. it is said one quickly (in terms of human lives) reaches the 5th.. this is possible in a lifetime now. But to get there.. new connections etc do need to be formed (that is the case to go up any level) .. and old beliefs no longer needed need to be let go as they carry lower vibrational energies and are blocks to the progressing human. A lot of work needs to be done to get from 3rd to 5th.

The 5th dimension is where the higher self is said to actually reside! (one gets very strong morals and goes quite spiritual from connecting to the 5th).

In this energy of the 5th you would be your higher self. 5th dimensional people can communicate in telepathy at will, Ive met a few people like this. Amazingly those people are out there (see 4th as training ground for things to come). 5th has is strongly connected to the soul (6th) and can freely communicate with that. Being well merged with the 5th gives one the power of manifestation (eg the book "The Secret" that stuff works in that energy and its really full on if one is merged in it what you can do).

The 6th is where the actual soul resides (where one gains timelessess).. Im not surprised you arent feeling a connection to the 6th right now (when a person does that shifts a persons reality into one of past lives etc and other life memories, you'd have a quite different belief system at this point and know your own soul). You cant strongly connect to your soul till you have a good connection to your higher self first.

Anyway, so right now it seems your focus is getting connected to the 5th which is the higher self and developing a strong connection with your physical reality (the 3th) to your higher self (the 5th). You are moving from the 3rd to the 5th (the 4th, is known as a transitionary stage of things, not refering to your dream here but what Ive learn about all this.. your dream tallies percisely).

So it appears very related to your other dream. Your higher self can act as like your guide and will be reaching out to guide you (it gives one a state of knowing about things.. "pure knowing" as I call it. Its how I can tell at times an OBE from an LD or how I can tell a prophetic dream from a normal one... I cant explain this to those who havent experienced this).

I always find spiritual dreams great to read :)

Forget what I previously said about an attic.. as in case seeing your subconciousness is deciding to be more complex then basic symbols and is symbolising all this in quite depth with the floors representing the dimensions, so I now dont think in your case you will get an attic. The attic symbol.. in your case will be the 5th floor. (where all knowledge can be accessed)

Im really curious if you have done any reading on this dimensional/vibrational stuff before? or did your subconsiousness just know to come up with that??? eg reaching for your higher self at the 5th floor and coming from the 3rd and knowing the 4th is just a transition as in your dream it wasnt your goal. The purse (treasure) was at the 5th.. the higher self, the centre of knowledge. (Im blown away at the depth of your subconsciousness speak. Mine was no where near that complex when I was moving from the 3rd and it took me years to learn all that).

The first aid. I assume but can only guess at this part as I dont knew enough about 5th to really know.. but maybe a final healing is needed before a merge into the soul level energy.

Your childhood dream.. i cant see any clues at all there that its a spiritual dream, it doesnt correlate to this stuff I wonder what 5,6,7, 8 meant to your childhood self

Karin

Postby Karin » 04 Jun 2014 13:36

Thank you so much Taniaaust1 for this detailed reply! :)

Yes, I did hear and read stuff about these 3rd, 4th and 5th density shifts. That might be where the numbers came from, even though I really don't see why I would have dreamed that the way from 3rd to 5th was a construction site impossible to cross (there were unfinished escalators, ruins, etc...). Also, I have never heard that one might find shortcuts to the 5th by going down the ground floor (which I suppose is the deep unconscious, since that's what you said the basement symbolizes, which I didn't know until you guys told me).

Also, 99% of my metaphysical info comes from Bashar, and the way he describes the structure is a bit different (physical mind is level 9, emotions level 8, beliefs level 7, individual unconscious level 6, collective unconscious level 5, template level reality level 4, higher mind level 3, individual soul level 2, and oversoul level 1). He says the unconscious is higher vibration than conscious mind, which is the densest... So it's interesting my unconscious might have paid more attention to the other new age 3D, 4D, and 5D info to produce that dream, than to Bashar's level of consciousness teachings (whose summary table I have right on top of my computer). I know my unconscious pays great attention to Bashar though, because each time I hear him talk about lucid dreams I get one that night, he is really pushing the right button there...

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 08 Jun 2014 03:42

Karin wrote:Thank you so much Taniaaust1 for this detailed reply! :)

Yes, I did hear and read stuff about these 3rd, 4th and 5th density shifts.

ahh lol.. not as exciting that you dreamed that then if you've read this lol. but as you said, it is interesting that you dreamed this instead of the numbers and stuff you are currently following.

Ive never heard of Bashar. Is he a channelled Master? I like to look at different things, from what I can see you wrote about his stuff, it isnt the dimensional levels he's refering to there (thou that term "dimensional" could be used but it would be using this word in a slightly different kind of way to the other stuff). To me from what you said, he seems to be ordering different frequency levels as in consciousness frequencies (thou the dimensional levels can be included in on that as they carry their own consciousness like thinking too), each of those things on his list do each carry their own frequency/consciousness type.

His stuff doesnt necessarily conflict with the other stuff (Im trying to think of a way to explain this but its kind of hard and I'll probably mess it up trying to explain it). Maybe think of dimensions of like different worlds... rather then only different frequencies of consciousness (there is more different frequencies of consciousness then there is dimensions if refering to the dimensional worlds).

Bashars numbering and things numbered could also be seen as how things came into creation and his numbers being a scale for that.. thou his order of it for me I find it confusing.. I'd order and do this a bit differently
eg if I put these things into frequency I'd do it this way
- 1 the source
- 2 the over soul
- 3 the higher mind
- 4 the soul (the soul needs the higher mind to guide it, it would be truely lost without it) etc

(I dont know which of those things would form the basic template reality so cant comment on that. I'd probably think of the basic template reality to be coming off both the higher mind and off the soul too (cause I believe the soul carries its own choices too).. a joint creation to give off a place to give the needed experiences.. with the energy of all the others higher then that feeding down into it too)

Anyway.. its an interesting thing to think about how creation came to happen.. which consciousnesses came from what others

Our conscious mind is so cut off that its not even really in true reality.. oh hope my use of term "true reality" isnt going to confuse you as this of cause is a reality too... but by this I mean physical reality being kind of an illusionary place in which only a tiny piece of the real bigger picture can be seen. The "human" conscious mind is imprinted with all the thoughts of the physical plane so it makes sense it would be denser then the subconsciousness which is more freer one could say.

Anyway, I just wanted to try to point out to you that these two things Bashar's and this other dimensional stuff, actually do not conflict u.. they are refering to slightly different things hence why different numbers.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”