Dreams like an alternate reality / parallel universe

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.

Dreams like an alternate reality / parallel universe

Postby Highlander » 12 May 2014 11:18

Sometimes dreams (mostly non-lucid) feels like an alternate reality, a parallel universe, because there are some dream elements that i only remember when i'm dreaming.
For example:
There's this train station that i always go in my dreams and i only know that train station. In real life, when i think of a train station, i immediately think of the ones near my house or my work. In my dreams, i immediately think of that one, with a park in the back, trees, etc. This doesn't exist in real life but in my dreams it's the train station i always use.

About 2 years ago i had a dream where i went with some friends to a theme park. We entered this Horror House where we had to pass some tests to get to the finish line. Those tests were very physical and frightening (jump on rocks to not get burned by lava, hide from real monsters, avoid axes and arrows...). I got tired and got hurt.
This week, in a dream, some friends invited me to that House again. I immediately remembered that experience and i said no to them. But it was curious because i didn't know i was dreaming. For me, this happened in real life (that alternate life that i thought was real). In waking life i never remembered that house.

It's like i have 2 lifes (waking and sleeping) with different events and i remembered those events separately in each of these lifes.

I guess this is common and you guys have this too. But it's pretty interesting.

Re: Dreams like an alternate reality / parallel universe

Postby imaginecinema » 13 May 2014 18:03

Totally feel that way.

Postby Karin » 29 May 2014 16:31

I also often have dreams that take place in the same kind of buildings, yet I do not know these buildings in real life. I found that when I first go in a light meditative state and then start thinking of these dreams, I sometimes can remember the buildings clearly, whereas I can't remember details normally.

Uvita Henville

Postby Uvita Henville » 02 Jun 2014 22:39

Hi Highlander,

Yes dreaming is different to this reality. Dreaming is spiritual because it is not physical, it is not in the physical reality. It is all in your mind. The unconscious mind will use symbols like the train station to communicate with your conscious mind in a way it feels you may understand. This station means something to you and therefore you see it while you are dreaming. The reason you think of other stations when you are not dreaming is because you are using your conscious mind and this particular station you see in your dreams is coming from your unconscious mind.

Love Uvita.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”