My house has been re-wired

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
Karin

My house has been re-wired

Postby Karin » 29 May 2014 16:48

I sometimes have non-lucid dreams that stand out, that means, when I wake up I remember them vividly and they strike me as being very meaningful. Often they are recurring dreams, but sometimes just singles.

Last year I had two such (non-lucid) dreams. In the first dream, I was in my house (not my house in real life, but a house I thought was mine within the dream), and I suddenly noticed that all the electrical outlets and light switches had been replaced, as well as the cables going to them. The new electrical wiring was just grossly sitting on top of the old ones. The old electrical wiring was painted a light yellow color, same as the color of the wall paint. The new electrical wiring had been painted a deep dark indigo color. It wasn't done carefully, there just was a splash of paint on top of all the new stuff, so it was really standing out and impossible to miss.

Then a couple weeks later, I had another similar dream. In that dream, I was in the main room of that house, and one of the four walls was devoid of all furniture. On that wall were heavy electrical boxes with large cables. The whole wall was painted in the deep dark indigo color. There were people with me in that room, looking at this heavy electrical equipment. They were telling me that they had done as much as they could to help me install that heavy-duty electrical equipment, and that now I needed to do my part to finish it. They told me they could not do my job for me. I don't remember what these people looked like but I remember the conversation.

My interpretation of both dreams is that something happened that rewired my brain. The house symbolizes my brain (maybe my whole body), and the electrical wiring symbolizes my brain wiring/programming. It fits, because I started meditation at the end of 2012 and then spent most of 2013 changing my view of the world and myself.

What I don't know is what the people meant by 'I need to do my part of the work in finishing the installation of the heavy-duty electrical wiring'. Maybe some deeper work I still need to do on myself.

HAGART

Re: My house has been re-wired

Postby HAGART » 31 May 2014 06:10

Karin wrote:My interpretation of both dreams is that something happened that rewired my brain. The house symbolizes my brain (maybe my whole body), and the electrical wiring symbolizes my brain wiring/programming.

As I was reading it, I was getting excited and going to tell you that it represents the edifice of ourselves and minds. Edifice can mean a large building, or a complex system of beliefs (our mental structure). I thought I was going to be all smart, but you beat me to it. Yet again, great minds think alike, and this encourages me, and I have new confidence in my dream interpretations, something I never bothered with before.

I have realized something. Dreams are built on memory and emotion and both are intertwined. Which comes first? In reality we experience something and it generates an emotion within us, but in a dream, it is reversed. I think the emotions come first and the visuals, audio, tactile reality sensations are built afterward, even if it's a nano-second later. That's why we don't notice it.

Only you can answer this: What emotion did it have? Was it based on a memory? (Did you ever get your house re-wired before or seen one on TV and think, what a mess. How will they fix that to make it operational again?) And were you feeling the same emotion deep down at the time?

We live with memory, emotion, and imagination. Past and future, and both are sculpted by emotions. In a dream, all 3 are swirled together. :ugeek:

Karin wrote:What I don't know is what the people meant by 'I need to do my part of the work in finishing the installation of the heavy-duty electrical wiring'. Maybe some deeper work I still need to do on myself.

We often use the words, 'wiring' or 're-wiring' when speaking of the brain and how it's just electricity sending messages between cells. I'm sure you're aware of that, and the dream was probably metaphorical, using your house as your sense of self. In a way, we become our houses since they are 'home' in our minds. We become one with it, and our minds are home too, but can sometimes be a strange place during stress when we go against our routines and the brain is 're-wiring' during mental plasticity. So the rest of the rewiring can only be done by you going against your normal subconscious routine through forced habits.

(That sounded really smart, and I surprise myself. I assure you I am no expert and never read a book about it. But my intuition is strong. Take it or leave it, that's my opinion).
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Karin

Postby Karin » 31 May 2014 13:47

Great, HAGART, thank you so much for your reply! Great point about noticing emotions, not just facts, I never thought of that, but you're right, emotions are certainly a very important part of the puzzle.

I do not remember anything that happened in the dream before I noticed the wires with the blue paint (I forgot the part of the dream that preceded that realization).

Emotion: from what I remember, what I felt when I saw the new wires was surprise and curiosity. I don't remember any negative or positive reaction, just neutral surprise, wondering what that was about... It did look odd in the house because of those splashes of dark blue paint on light-colored painted walls, but that did not bother me, just surprised me.

One thing I remember is that everything looked old, except the new wiring. So that was a positive feeling, seeing brand-new hardware on top of the old and faded one. Even though nobody had bothered removing the old before installing the new: they just put the new on top of the old one. That surprised me as being strange, maybe 'done in a hurry'.

Maybe this ties in with another recurring dream I had over and over for a decade, and that I only understood recently (and by the way, now I don't have it anymore). I'll start a new thread on that one soon.

Uvita Henville

Postby Uvita Henville » 01 Jun 2014 00:22

Hi Karin,

It is great you are asking yourself all these questions. From your interpretation of what the dream means for you. My understanding is the old wiring may represent the old you, you seem to have made a lot of changes and there is now new things on the horizon in your life, new thinking, new insight hence why you interpret this dream as old and new. Please this is what I am understanding from your interpretation of this dream and using my insight connection to my higher self.

Love Uvita: dreamingisspiritual.co.uk

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 Jun 2014 13:07

Indigo is a very spiritual higher colour and shows a shift towards that direction. You went to that from yellow as you've had a lot of growth.

Your energy and energy system is boosting up and you've gained new connections eg to your subconsciousness and throu that your higher self. This dream ties in some to your other dream and I'd guess you had it after that other as this shows growth from there.

The room devoid of furniture.. shows a clarity you can build upon (you can clearly see the rooms structure with no furniture) and mold things from there the way you'd like.

Houses dont actually symbolise the brain (a study or library would symbolise the brain). Houses symbolise your whole body, the whole of you. (Each part of a house in a dream symbolises something about a person). Your whole self has been rewired. Its now capable of carrying different energy, you have a power boost :D This can quite quickly change your reality and you may find yourself on quite a trip with all this. Expect to be learning new things and going throu big changes.. you may find yourself dreaming of schools. (Your dream didnt say it but with this comes more responsibility due to carrying more power in the reality we are in).

What I don't know is what the people meant by 'I need to do my part of the work in finishing the installation of the heavy-duty electrical wiring'. Maybe some deeper work I still need to do on myself.

Yes you do need to do part of the work. Everyone does, our higher self or guides or whatever cant do our own work. Only you can work on your self growth. Those others can only offer support, the onus is on us. Meditation and other spiritual practices will complete the wiring.
Last edited by taniaaust1 on 03 Jun 2014 13:24, edited 2 times in total.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 Jun 2014 13:17

Karin wrote: One thing I remember is that everything looked old, except the new wiring. So that was a positive feeling, seeing brand-new hardware on top of the old and faded one. Even though nobody had bothered removing the old before installing the new: they just put the new on top of the old one. That surprised me as being strange, maybe 'done in a hurry'.

Maybe it was old as maybe you are older then you are aware. The old just needs a face lift :D . The old parts of house as its you, cant be thrown out, it can only be renovated.

Karin

Postby Karin » 03 Jun 2014 15:23

taniaaust1 wrote:Maybe it was old as maybe you are older then you are aware. The old just needs a face lift :D . The old parts of house as its you, cant be thrown out, it can only be renovated.

LOL! :D My 9 year old son would certainly agree with you on the fact that I am old. A few weeks ago, while waiting in line with me at the store, he said:

"Mom, you look old!" I said: "Well thanks for the compliment."

Then he said: " Mom, you really look so much older than you used to!" People in the line are looking at us...

Finally he had to add: " Mom, you look like you just raised from the dead!" :D :D :D

I pledged right then and there to wear makeup more often... :D

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 04 Jun 2014 09:58

Karin wrote:
taniaaust1 wrote:Maybe it was old as maybe you are older then you are aware. The old just needs a face lift :D . The old parts of house as its you, cant be thrown out, it can only be renovated.

LOL! :D My 9 year old son would certainly agree with you on the fact that I am old. A few weeks ago, while waiting in line with me at the store, he said:

"Mom, you look old!" I said: "Well thanks for the compliment."

Then he said: " Mom, you really look so much older than you used to!" People in the line are looking at us...

Finally he had to add: " Mom, you look like you just raised from the dead!" :D :D :D

I pledged right then and there to wear makeup more often... :D

OH LOL @ your sons comments. My daughter never would let me walk her to the school gate, she said she didnt want people knowing that I was her mother. (I never told me why that was so thou).

Return to “Dream Interpretation”