My problem is not losing lucidity but staying asleep

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
NYDreamer

My problem is not losing lucidity but staying asleep

Postby NYDreamer » 26 Apr 2014 21:09

Whenever I attain lucidity, I almost immediately start to feel myself wake up. Certain techniques like waving my hands around or concentrating have helped me to stay in the dream for longer. I never go from a lucid state to a non-lucid state - I always just wake up.

I was wondering if anyone else has this problem and how they handle it. Are there techniques one can do while awake that help a lucid dreamer stay asleep upon attaining lucidity? Thanks!

GalMutzafy

Re: My problem is not losing lucidity but staying asleep

Postby GalMutzafy » 24 May 2014 14:00

As you said there are a few techniques to say lucid, such as rubbing your hands, spin around, touch your surroundings, breath the dream air.

If it doesn't help you, I've been given a great advice- once you get in a lucid dream, just calm down.

Just look around, breath and behold the dream scenery, it can really help you.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

taniaaust1

Re: My problem is not losing lucidity but staying asleep

Postby taniaaust1 » 05 Jun 2014 06:44

Do u think you could be gaining your lucidity in the first place at a time when your sleep state is lightening and you are soon to wake up?

Try to go straight back into the dream as in WILD back in if you wake up. (to do this lay still and think of the last deep LD scene you had, think about what you felt in that scene and think of what was around you). This may take you back to that point. I suggest not to focus on a point in that dream in which you were struggling to stay lucid.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”