What are your wishes for your next LD?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Vonozar

Re: What are your wishes for your next LD?

Postby Vonozar » 05 Jun 2014 23:16

I have 3 goals at the moment.

1.) Successfully make it to a certain dream fountain for an experiment

2.) Talk to a reoccurring DC of mine that's been stalking me quite a bit lately, in a totally non-creepy way. He's quite mysterious and although I've been trying ways to figure him out through some other methods (ideas thanks to HAGART, Tilly Pink, and Goldkoron :) ) it hasn't worked very well yet.

3.) Ask my DC's, who are surprisingly logical and very helpful, why they are the way they are. Again a mystery, one I really want to get my deeper self's (or however you want to word that) input on. ;)

It looks like talking to DC's is on a few of your guy's lists, too. It sure is an awesome thing to do.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 06 Jun 2014 00:51

nesgirl wrote:It's called probability. If a Lucid Dreamer has enough clarity, they can play the card game. They can even observe the card.
If they have enough luck, it is entirely possible to actually get the card correct. There is nothing paranormal about that. Look up probability if you don't believe me.

I'm afraid I'm not sure what you mean by having enough clarity. Do you mean that there is a small chance that the lucid dreamer will see the correct card despite actually being in an ordinary LD and it's just a coincidence? I'm very well acquainted with probability so don't worry about confusing me.

Also, I was asking about why guessing the card might end up mentally damaging the dreamer, not how they might guess the card. Do you have any information about cases where this has happened before? No need to discuss this if you really don't want to, by the way.
Dreaming is my drug

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 06 Jun 2014 01:42

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 06:50, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 07 Jun 2014 00:24

nesgirl wrote:When the Lucid Dreamer is well enough aware and has mastered themselves, and is aware enough to conjure real world objects and recognize them and has them memorized, then they can easily appear in the Lucid Dream.
Be it when a Lucid Dreamer summons a card, or has an observant WILD and sees the card for themselves, the laws of probability will always be in play and there is always a chance the Lucid Dreamer who sees the card will be able to see the correct card.
That card game basically challenges the law of probability and there is no coincidence behind that, but there is no paranormal behind it either. Ultimately it depends on if you are lucky enough to hit that number or not. With some people, mostly they never hit that number, some are lucky enough to hit that number once, while there are a select number who hit a lucky number a certain number of times often, or even a few times in a row (I've seen how it works most of the time, basically because I have a game that has characters you cannot obtain except with a very low probability)

If a Lucid Dreamer manages to get the card right through Lucid Dreaming, and they don't know too much how probability works, then that could scar them pretty badly, as they will think there is something wrong with them, and they might very well ask questions to the psychologist. One of my friends had a Grandfather it happened to. He went to see a psychologist afterwards.

Ahh I think what you're saying is that there is a small chance that the dreamer will see the correct card? This is exactly what probability is so yes I agree with you there. I suppose it could be disconcerting if by some extraordinary odds a dreamer got the card right several times in a row, though I'm not sure I'd rush to a psychiatrist immediately :P
Dreaming is my drug

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”