Can anyone help with lucid dreaming initiation failures?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

Can anyone help with lucid dreaming initiation failures?

Postby mattsonc » 06 Jun 2014 07:05

Hey all,

I had been pretty into lucid dreaming as a teen then took a break going into college. Now I've been getting back into them but have been experiencing a problem lately.

I use the WBTB strategy which has been working wonders, every day or two I end up becoming lucid. However, the problem arises when I look down at my hands and suddenly become lucid.

My whole dream body starts feeling very weak and then my eyes start to flash between my dream body and real body. Every time the last 4 or 5 times this has happened and I'm losing hope.

Does anyone have strategies for maybe mnemonics before going to sleep or something to focus on the instance I become lucid?

Connor :)

Re: Can anyone help with lucid dreaming initiation failures?

Postby GalMutzafy » 06 Jun 2014 17:06

Remember as you become lucid, try to calm and not get too excited.

Try to do some stabilization techniques such as rubbing your hands, touch your surroundings, spin around.

It can help you stay in the dream and not waking up, and also makes your dream more vivid and alive.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

Return to “For Beginners”