This woman stopped me from Lucid dreaming/astral projection

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
Revolution

This woman stopped me from Lucid dreaming/astral projection

Postby Revolution » 17 May 2014 16:40

So I was tired after school, and when I got home I just lay down on my bed. I was having a dream (and I may have realised I was dreaming, but I'm not sure) and all of a sudden I got this intense feeling. It was a loud hum and a strong vibration running through my body. I think this was when I became aware of what was happening, so I allowed the feeling to take hold of me.

I felt as if I was leaving my body (which is why I would say that it was astral projection) and there were bright lights in front of me. However, suddenly the face of a woman materialised in front of me. I couldn't really make up her face very well, but her hair was blonde and tied back. Her voice was quiet, but I could tell she was shouting 'NO!' This creeped me out, and before I knew it I was awake again.

I thought that was it, but when I woke up I was compeltely paralyzed. I'd read about this before, so I relaxed and within a few second I was awake. It was a horrible experience and I have no idea why it happened. Who is this woman? Why did she prevent me from an OBE?

Karin

Re: This woman stopped me from Lucid dreaming/astral project

Postby Karin » 17 May 2014 20:18

I am not very experienced so please take my ideas with a big grain of salt:

Maybe the face you saw is a projection of your own consciousness, an unconscious part of you that feels like OBEs are a threat to your survival and is trying to scare you into not doing this? Some unconscious fears? Just an idea. If that's the case then it's a good thing you saw it: now you know it's there and you can send it love and reassurance with your thoughts.

In any case, maybe you can ask your 'bigger self' (the totality of you, unconscious and all) to explain further to you what this woman experience meant for you. Then wait and pay attention in the next days to any dreams, insights, coincidences, etc... that might bring to you a 'ah-ha' moment where you suddenly understand? That's what I usually do and so far it has worked.

I also once saw a pale ball of light, about 2 feet away from me, that was maybe 10 inches wide, with the face of an old man in it, that had a sad and angry facial expression and was staring at me. I saw it just as I was waking up from a blackout moment induced by meditation (blacking out while meditating happened to me a couple times when I was still a very beginner in meditation). I screamed my head off, then it was gone. The thought that popped in my mind at that moment was that what I was looking at was a representation of my depression, and I felt like this 'ball of negative energy' was now leaving me. Good riddance!!!!!!

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 18 May 2014 00:05

You experienced a WILD. Vibrations, humming sounds, feeling of separation are all common. And being aware during muscle atonia can accompany it as well. (Sleep paralysis). It tends to happen when a person falls into a dream very quickly when they are tired.

It's certainly unnerving for someone who isn't familiar to it, and not expecting it. I know I was bewildered by it too when it first started happening to me and don't blame anyone for considering it paranormal at first. It certainly makes you question Out of Body Experience and Astral Projection.

I've had quite a bit of experience with both DILDs and WILDs, so I can compare the two. No matter how much it felt like an OBE or an Astral Projection, it still follows the same rules as any other lucid dream I've had, (hard to read text or clocks for example), but is far more vivid with a sense of having an actual body in the dream!

I can't interpret your vision, or hallucination of that 'dream character'. I get a bunch of hallucinations, sometimes audio only, during that phase of mind too which can leave me puzzled. But I assure you it's normal, and not paranormal. (Not average... consider yourself lucky... but very normal).

The only thing that truly stopped you was your own fear, not the vision you saw. You're fear created the vision. Which I don't blame you for. I had many close calls to achieving a WILD, without even knowing what it was, and took a few months to accept it and go with the flow despite a few Sleep Paralysis nightmarish episodes getting in my way. (I didn't know what was happening to me or why and like others, I fear the unknown). Once you conquer that hurdle... that fear of the unknown, it will lead to some absolutely AMAZING lucid dreams! 8-)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 18 May 2014 06:07

Revolution wrote:So I was tired after school, and when I got home I just lay down on my bed. I was having a dream (and I may have realised I was dreaming, but I'm not sure) and all of a sudden I got this intense feeling. It was a loud hum and a strong vibration running through my body. I think this was when I became aware of what was happening, so I allowed the feeling to take hold of me.

I felt as if I was leaving my body (which is why I would say that it was astral projection) and there were bright lights in front of me. However, suddenly the face of a woman materialised in front of me. I couldn't really make up her face very well, but her hair was blonde and tied back. Her voice was quiet, but I could tell she was shouting 'NO!' This creeped me out, and before I knew it I was awake again.

I thought that was it, but when I woke up I was compeltely paralyzed. I'd read about this before, so I relaxed and within a few second I was awake. It was a horrible experience and I have no idea why it happened. Who is this woman? Why did she prevent me from an OBE?

Revolution no one can tell you for sure whether that was a spirit warning you not to leave your body, but it's most likely she was just a dream character. One should assume that what happens in a dream is just a dream unless one has serious proof that it was not just a dream.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 May 2014 02:11

I too are going to tell you that no one can tell you if the woman was real or not. Did you have a WILD (a dream).. or was it an OBE you had (hum, vibrations and light, common in OBEs), where the women was real (spirit guide?, anscestor or whatever) or it even could of been both. Just like a person can start daydreaming a little while awake, same thing can go on during an OBE and you can also start dreaming a little.. there can be a bit of overlap go on at times (if this is going on, you cant trust everything you are experiencing).

Even if it was real, that doesnt mean she was telling the truth.. would you trust a stranger on the street without trying to find out what the real problem is?? Even if one did astral project, its important not to believe every being one comes across. No one here can tell you what you experienced.

It is very common experiences like this... No matter which it was, I suggest not to be afraid, you could even try to find this woman again and try to get her to explain to you what the issue is. It is very common for ones fears to start manifesting when doing something new esp when it comes to working with things in an altered consicousness kind of way. "Watcher on the theshold" experience one could say, I think most experience things like that, like a test to yourself to see if you are truely ready to procede further. You are trying to step out of your normal boundries.

Glad to hear you didnt allow your sleep paralyses to scare you. Allow that to give you confidence that you can be in control some of these experiences.

Anyway.. do not be afraid. It may well be just your subconciousness manifesting, just like when people dream, the subconciousness manifests different dream characters. It would be a pity if you allow this experience to put you off. I suggest to try again and try to find this woman as whatever you experience could then be quite telling (you may find she doesnt even make any sense on talking to her).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Revolution

Postby Revolution » 07 Jun 2014 18:52

Karin wrote:I am not very experienced so please take my ideas with a big grain of salt:

Maybe the face you saw is a projection of your own consciousness, an unconscious part of you that feels like OBEs are a threat to your survival and is trying to scare you into not doing this? Some unconscious fears? Just an idea. If that's the case then it's a good thing you saw it: now you know it's there and you can send it love and reassurance with your thoughts.

In any case, maybe you can ask your 'bigger self' (the totality of you, unconscious and all) to explain further to you what this woman experience meant for you. Then wait and pay attention in the next days to any dreams, insights, coincidences, etc... that might bring to you a 'ah-ha' moment where you suddenly understand? That's what I usually do and so far it has worked.

I also once saw a pale ball of light, about 2 feet away from me, that was maybe 10 inches wide, with the face of an old man in it, that had a sad and angry facial expression and was staring at me. I saw it just as I was waking up from a blackout moment induced by meditation (blacking out while meditating happened to me a couple times when I was still a very beginner in meditation). I screamed my head off, then it was gone. The thought that popped in my mind at that moment was that what I was looking at was a representation of my depression, and I felt like this 'ball of negative energy' was now leaving me. Good riddance!!!!!!

taniaaust1 wrote:I too are going to tell you that no one can tell you if the woman was real or not. Did you have a WILD (a dream).. or was it an OBE you had (hum, vibrations and light, common in OBEs), where the women was real (spirit guide?, anscestor or whatever) or it even could of been both. Just like a person can start daydreaming a little while awake, same thing can go on during an OBE and you can also start dreaming a little.. there can be a bit of overlap go on at times (if this is going on, you cant trust everything you are experiencing).

Even if it was real, that doesnt mean she was telling the truth.. would you trust a stranger on the street without trying to find out what the real problem is?? Even if one did astral project, its important not to believe every being one comes across. No one here can tell you what you experienced.

It is very common experiences like this... No matter which it was, I suggest not to be afraid, you could even try to find this woman again and try to get her to explain to you what the issue is. It is very common for ones fears to start manifesting when doing something new esp when it comes to working with things in an altered consicousness kind of way. "Watcher on the theshold" experience one could say, I think most experience things like that, like a test to yourself to see if you are truely ready to procede further. You are trying to step out of your normal boundries.

Glad to hear you didnt allow your sleep paralyses to scare you. Allow that to give you confidence that you can be in control some of these experiences.

Anyway.. do not be afraid. It may well be just your subconciousness manifesting, just like when people dream, the subconciousness manifests different dream characters. It would be a pity if you allow this experience to put you off. I suggest to try again and try to find this woman as whatever you experience could then be quite telling (you may find she doesnt even make any sense on talking to her).

HAGART wrote:You experienced a WILD. Vibrations, humming sounds, feeling of separation are all common. And being aware during muscle atonia can accompany it as well. (Sleep paralysis). It tends to happen when a person falls into a dream very quickly when they are tired.

It's certainly unnerving for someone who isn't familiar to it, and not expecting it. I know I was bewildered by it too when it first started happening to me and don't blame anyone for considering it paranormal at first. It certainly makes you question Out of Body Experience and Astral Projection.

I've had quite a bit of experience with both DILDs and WILDs, so I can compare the two. No matter how much it felt like an OBE or an Astral Projection, it still follows the same rules as any other lucid dream I've had, (hard to read text or clocks for example), but is far more vivid with a sense of having an actual body in the dream!

I can't interpret your vision, or hallucination of that 'dream character'. I get a bunch of hallucinations, sometimes audio only, during that phase of mind too which can leave me puzzled. But I assure you it's normal, and not paranormal. (Not average... consider yourself lucky... but very normal).

The only thing that truly stopped you was your own fear, not the vision you saw. You're fear created the vision. Which I don't blame you for. I had many close calls to achieving a WILD, without even knowing what it was, and took a few months to accept it and go with the flow despite a few Sleep Paralysis nightmarish episodes getting in my way. (I didn't know what was happening to me or why and like others, I fear the unknown). Once you conquer that hurdle... that fear of the unknown, it will lead to some absolutely AMAZING lucid dreams! 8-)

[/quote]
Snaggle wrote:
Revolution wrote:So I was tired after school, and when I got home I just lay down on my bed. I was having a dream (and I may have realised I was dreaming, but I'm not sure) and all of a sudden I got this intense feeling. It was a loud hum and a strong vibration running through my body. I think this was when I became aware of what was happening, so I allowed the feeling to take hold of me.

Revolution no one can tell you for sure whether that was a spirit warning you not to leave your body, but it's most likely she was just a dream character. One should assume that what happens in a dream is just a dream unless one has serious proof that it was not just a dream.

I wasn't sure if simply replying to the topic would notify you that I had replied, so instead I've quoted all of your posts so that you will hopefully see this.

I hadn't checked into the forum for a while - thinking that there would be no replies to this thread - but now that I have come back I'm so glad that some members of this site have taken notice. I'd just like to thank you for your replies. Since this WILD/OBE I haven't had much success with having acomplishing another, but I have to admit I haven't had the time to try. Hopefully soon I will attempt to have another, but sadly I don't think it will happen easily. The experience that I talked of in this thread happened by accident and I'm not sure how to make it happen again. Either way, I'll give it a shot.

Thanks again, I'll try not to let my fear control me.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 08 Jun 2014 01:11

Mine happen by accident too, and can't force it. I get about 1-3 per month. I get many DILDs but these are different, and similar to what you described.

FYI, if there is ever a reply to a thread that I wrote in, I can see it when I click on "View your posts" at the upper right. So no need to quote us, but no harm done either. Just letting you know.

obi__juan

Postby obi__juan » 08 Jun 2014 03:35

You won't get help with astral projection on this forum. You gotta go to an astral projection forum. Many people hear believe that Astral projection is just Wake Induced Lucid Dreaming (WILD).
Last edited by obi__juan on 09 Jun 2014 22:01, edited 1 time in total.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 08 Jun 2014 04:52

I invite you obi_juan to prove me wrong.

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14819

There is no right or wrong answer, and there is a great respect here, and I certainly uphold it. I'm an admitted "open-minded" skeptic.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 08 Jun 2014 05:39

Im of the personal opinion that if someone has one spontanous LD they are probably more likely to have another one then someone who has never had one. Stay positive.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Paranormal Activity”