Dream Journal Difficulties

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

Dream Journal Difficulties

Postby aeroscrolls » 09 Jun 2014 02:33

I recently started keeping a dream journal, which I find is especially helpful in remembering my dreams because, though I do have very vivid dreams most nights, they usually only remain detailed in my memory for a few minutes after waking up. However, I have run into an unanticipated difficulty.... many of my dreams are so layered and crazy that I don't even know where to start when writing them on paper, so I eventually give up; it's quite disappointing that my craziest dreams never actually make it into my journal. Does this happen to anyone else? Is there really a way to write your dreams down, especially when they are so confusing and meticulous? I just feel like I'm already failing at my new journey to lucid dreaming. If I can't control my dreams enough to even understand what is happening in them, or have the control to make them less... psychedelic (should I say?), I don't know how I will ever be able to master FULL control of dreams in the form of lucid dreaming?
Thanks friends!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Re: Dream Journal Difficulties

Postby nesgirl » 09 Jun 2014 04:16

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 06:37, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

Postby erichsa » 09 Jun 2014 17:18

I use a cheap recorder and record the dreams I want to. I also have creasy dreams, ok I talk creasy dreams into the recorder and mostly sort them out later. it works for me. :)

Postby tpratt » 19 Jun 2014 19:51

This happens to me too. Instead of trying to write everything in a way that it makes sense, I try to jot down notes as quickly as possible. Things I may not remember in a minute or so. Who I saw, what they were doing or looked like, setting descriptions. After I've done this, it makes journaling a little easier because if I forget something, I can look to my notes to jog my memory.

I don't know if you live with anyone, but I tend to immediately recap dreams to my boyfriend in great detail. Having spoken it aloud helps me remember better, and if I miss something the dreams are generally so bizarre that he will remember.

Postby tompine73 » 26 Jun 2014 23:57

I have a bit of difficulty writing and so my solution is just to ring my own mobile number and leave myself a voicemail message. I've even got into the habit of leaving gaps during the message to give me time to get the dream into my dream journal (computer)

Return to “For Beginners”