Listen to dream characters: they often help you get lucid

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
lucidinthe sky

Listen to dream characters: they often help you get lucid

Postby lucidinthe sky » 23 Jan 2012 12:43

Broke my LD dry spell this morning because I listened to a dream character. This is the fourth or fifth time a dream character has offered me help and most of the times I haven't listened. I was getting change at the gas station and the money looked funny for American dollars, actually when I think about it, it was really obviously not dollars. One bill had very thick paper and they were colored bills. It's amazing what we accept in a dream without questioning it. So this guy is counting out the change and he says, "Here's 5 thousand, 10 thousand, 20 thousand". And I say, "Oh no, I don't think they are thousands, those can't be thousands." The guy was really patient with me, as if he was trying to help me see that I was dreaming. We went back and forth a couple times about it. Then he shows me the bills and says, "Yes they are thousands, see it says thousand, look." So I read the bills and sure enough they all say thousand dollars. Then I finally get it. O.K. I'm dreaming. But the thought still goes through my head, "This is too real for a dream" So I check my hands and I can tell for sure I'm dreaming. But I got too excited and only stayed lucid for around 30 seconds. Oh well. I'm glad I listened to the dream character this time.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Re: Listen to dream characters: they often help you get luci

Postby Peter » 23 Jan 2012 20:03

my dream charactors must think I am thick as I never listen to them but maybe I should. My dreams are just full of signs and helpers but most of the time I dont get it
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 24 Jan 2012 00:33

Mine must feel I'm thick too, especially the ones that told me straight out that I was dreaming. It's so easy to see the missed opportunities in dreams once you've woken up, but during the dream I think it's hard for us to make these kind of judgments. We are so willing to accept the dream as being reality, because they are so close and we don't think about the strange things that are going on. Sometimes I wonder what might be going on in waking life that we have just accepted as real.

On a side note: There was a big difference when I looked at my hands this time from the last LD. I could still tell they were dream hands, but they looked much more like "normal" waking life hands this time. Judging by the improvement, it looks like it's only going to be a matter of time before my hands won't be usable as an RC. It's a little depressing, although I knew it was too easy the first time.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Postby Peter » 24 Jan 2012 04:04

we give more attention to the dreaming world as it is less familar and the grass is greener on the other side sort of stuff.

As for looking at hands I wouldnt worry to much, the point is that if you are looking it shouldnt be hard to grasp that you are in a dream, also try to poke one hand into another as that never changes and I have always been able to do this.

I am reading a lot of stuff about dreaming and quite tired the last couple of weeks and not had a fully lucid dream for this time. I dont worry too much about it because as soon as I relax a little I will be in there again. It comes and goes just like recall and all part of it. Just keep writing down your dreams and go back to basics - that what I do and it seems to work
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 24 Jan 2012 04:34

Last time I tried to talk to a person in my dream, she bit me so I kicked her and she burst into flames...
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 24 Jan 2012 12:48

Worldenterer1 wrote:Last time I tried to talk to a person in my dream, she bit me so I kicked her and she burst into flames...

Personally I cut the heads off of vampiresses before they bite me ;)
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 27 Jan 2012 03:43

:lol:
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”