First False Awakening?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Juggernaut625

First False Awakening?

Postby Juggernaut625 » 09 Jun 2014 11:19

Hello everyone, I've been getting back into lucid dreaming lately, and I think I had my first false awakening last night.

I'm on the top of a mountain snow slope with the cast of Jackass, the people who stand out is Chris Pontius and Steve-O, I'm dared to run down the slope but when I deny I get pushed anyways, I start tumbling down the slope and when I look to the bottom there is a demonic figure waiting, staring at me. I curl up into a ball and close my eyes. I wait a few seconds and open my eyes again. I'm facing my bedroom wall, it's abnormally dark yet I can still see. It's eerily silent, and my door is open a tiny little bit. I feel something is wrong and at this point I'm half-lucid, I try to push my fingers through my palm to no avail, however I try to push my hand through the wall with a lot of force with the thoughts "My hand WILL go through the wall", after a few seconds my hand just slides through the wall and I pop into lucidity. My fear of darkness attempts to take over but before that I lay in my bed shouting "I'M DREAMING! WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL ME?" I then continue to get up to see my own bedroom which starts to slowly light up. However, I start hearing noises from outside my door and thus the fear takes over so I shout "WAKE ME UP, WAKE ME UP!" Within seconds I wake around 6AM in the morning, the natural morning light glazing through the window. I proceed to go back to sleep where I encounter a regular dream with no lucidity.

I feel so good that I've completed so much goals of mine within 1 night. When I got back into lucidity I had problems pushing my hand through objects, but with the help of power I managed to do it. And when I wanted to, I ended it myself.

My question is, was the room lighting up meaning the dream was responding to my questions? And was the sudden noises outside a response to my shouting too?

Thanks for reading!

taniaaust1

Re: First False Awakening?

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Jun 2014 12:31

I personaly wouldnt call this a false awakening from the way you described it. A false awakening is usually thought to be when a person thinks they have woken up physically when in fact they havent and are still asleep. Your experience sounds like a lucid dream you were having of being in your bedroom.

I then continue to get up to see my own bedroom which starts to slowly light up.

It probably lite up as you were wanting to see things (so in response of your subconsciousness responding to your thought and want).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Juggernaut625

Postby Juggernaut625 » 09 Jun 2014 15:20

Ahh okay I know what you mean. Damn, is there any technique which you can use to induce a false awakening?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 11 Jun 2014 06:29

Juggernaut625 wrote:Ahh okay I know what you mean. Damn, is there any technique which you can use to induce a false awakening?

Why would you wish to create a false awakening? They suck as they usuallly are missed opportunities to have a LD as one isnt aware one is asleep still so people usually end up doing very boring stuff during them.. in my case, get up and have breakfast and start cleaning house. How boring is that!

Juggernaut625

Postby Juggernaut625 » 11 Jun 2014 21:41

taniaaust1 wrote:
Juggernaut625 wrote:Ahh okay I know what you mean. Damn, is there any technique which you can use to induce a false awakening?

Why would you wish to create a false awakening? They suck as they usuallly are missed opportunities to have a LD as one isnt aware one is asleep still so people usually end up doing very boring stuff during them.. in my case, get up and have breakfast and start cleaning house. How boring is that!

Well it would mainly to be to test if I'm doing enough procedures on a morning. I try to do one as soon as I wake up, once I've brushed my teeth or cleaned myself up and once I've had breakfast. Plus it would just be so freaky but amazing to be dreaming and having all the objects etc that you would have in the real world. Idk, it's not a goal just something I'd like to do if you know what I mean

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Jun 2014 12:51

Juggernaut625 wrote: Well it would mainly to be to test if I'm doing enough procedures on a morning. I try to do one as soon as I wake up, once I've brushed my teeth or cleaned myself up and once I've had breakfast. Plus it would just be so freaky but amazing to be dreaming and having all the objects etc that you would have in the real world. Idk, it's not a goal just something I'd like to do if you know what I mean

Like to experience the confusion of mistaking the dream world for the real one and to see just how real a dream can feel. :) . I guess I can see why a person who hasnt had a false awakening would like to experience it. I think the same would go for those who have never had sleep paralyses or experience HI, they want to experience those things, even if just once just to know what its like.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 25 Jun 2014 04:20

I'd call it a false awakening. (Perhaps a lucid false awakening).
And sure enough it can be scary sometimes and become that dreaded Sleep Paralysis. (Old hag syndrome).

But it's all the same thing. You were 'in the phase'. That's just a word and call it what you will, but it's all in the same boat.

Hearing voices is common and especially if you are calling out, expecting a response. And as for the lighting, it is sometimes bright right away, and sometimes dark. Just get up and start touching things and increase your tactile sensations. I find it helps to leave the room and start walking around. That helps wake me up in the dream, and 'waking up', and being more alert, (more lucid) always makes things brighter in my experience.

IF I realize, I'm dreaming. I get duped by false awakenings a lot and don't always become lucid, but I would say it's all in the same boat whether lucid or not, they are essentially the same. And the classic case of sleep paralysis is because our emotions are heightened so if a little frightened you become extremely frightened, but on the other hand, if you feel excited, you will be euphoric! You were a little creeped out by the darkness, but hey it still happens to be sometimes, and be proud you kept your emotions in check and if it ever happens again, you have that experience under your belt and will grow from it next time.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”