Starter here.

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
upcomingdreamer

Starter here.

Postby upcomingdreamer » 10 Jun 2014 02:08

Hello mates. I am happy that I found this forum. Like others even I want to experience the LUCID DREAMS. I tried few times but I fell asleep. I think I know the concept but help from the others is really appreciated.
Thank you.

nesgirl

Re: Starter here.

Postby nesgirl » 10 Jun 2014 04:21

upcomingdreamer wrote:Hello mates. I am happy that I found this forum. Like others even I want to experience the LUCID DREAMS. I tried few times but I fell asleep. I think I know the concept but help from the others is really appreciated.
Thank you.

Keep a Dream Journal
Reality check 24/7
Once the Reality Check sets in, when you are in a dream, you will eventually be able to see something that shouldn't be there, and will finally be conscious that it is a dream
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f_uSvUTaD0
0:54
SpongeBob realizes something is amiss when he sees that massive sized clone of his. Then he asks himself if he is still dreaming. Then it hits him. He then becomes consciously aware he is dreaming.

That technique you insist on using is usually hard for most users to pull off, especially for someone new at it (although I did somehow pull it off as a small child). But if you insist at trying at it, how about using it the way I tried it when I was young, using the TV and really early in the morning, preferably wake back to bed (I'd say 1-2AM)? Watch a dimly lit TV (no horror, comedy, or hypnotizing shows) for at least 3 hours without moving your body. Don't move a muscle, twitch, or anything. No matter what you feel inside while watching TV, remain cool and don't move.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

upcomingdreamer

Postby upcomingdreamer » 10 Jun 2014 23:16

Hey. Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it. I pinch myself for reality checks. The problem is I don't recognize that I am having is a dream. Though everything seems to be unnatural, I don't get conscious.

What happens if I watch TV for 3 continuous hours?

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 11 Jun 2014 05:00

upcomingdreamer wrote:Hey. Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it. I pinch myself for reality checks. The problem is I don't recognize that I am having is a dream. Though everything seems to be unnatural, I don't get conscious.

What happens if I watch TV for 3 continuous hours?

Pinching yourself may wake you up.
Reality check in real life, and eventually in the dream, it will catch on. If you have to, practice in real life, and do so all the time. If you see something unnatural in real life, say to yourself that you are dreaming, and go with it. Eventually, you'll find yourself doing so in a dream, and you will say those words, and it will hit you like a ton of bricks.

If it is a WBTB technique
Your body may very well fall asleep if you keep perfectly still.
Goodbye forever...

upcomingdreamer

Postby upcomingdreamer » 12 Jun 2014 21:42

So what other reality checks do we have? I can draw a symbol on my hand and I will look at it regularly. But if I look at my hand in the dream I guess the symbol won't be there and I can prove to myself that I am in a dream. Is this good?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 13 Jun 2014 04:43

upcomingdreamer wrote:So what other reality checks do we have? I can draw a symbol on my hand and I will look at it regularly. But if I look at my hand in the dream I guess the symbol won't be there and I can prove to myself that I am in a dream. Is this good?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

The clock is an excellent reality check in a dream.
Either the time will be all screwy, or if you try to look at it for exactly 60 seconds, the time will either not increase, or something unusual will happen.
Until you are a master Lucid Dreamer, I wouldn't attempt clarity with the time on the clock.
Also, once you are a master at Lucid Dream and can achieve complete clarity, you can attempt a probability game with a clock to get the right time on the clock, but the odds of doing so that are 1 in 1440.
Goodbye forever...

upcomingdreamer

Postby upcomingdreamer » 13 Jun 2014 05:35

In real life, I should make a habit of looking at my watch regularly so that I would also look at in in my dream. This is a good idea. I will try it starting now. Hope I would get my first lucid dream soon.
Are there any quick tips or something to achieve lucid dreaming?

Return to “Introduce Yourself”