What's the difference between astral projection and ld?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Summerlander

Re: What's the difference between astral projection and ld?

Postby Summerlander » 15 Jun 2014 10:17

Santa is an ignoble character who bribes kids with presents instead of teaching them that good behaviour should instinctively come from them. The concept also introduces a sinister notion of totalitarianism and a Big Brother watching you to make sure you behave.

But you are right, we should return to the topic about lucid dreaming and astral projection. I will check out the Spongebob video and comment soon... ;-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 15 Jun 2014 17:48

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 06:54, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 15 Jun 2014 23:59

nesgirl wrote:There is one thing that Hagart said earlier:
A person who claims they have this supposed ability, are they truly happy? They say they have to go through all these hard things that in reality do not sound that appealing to most users. Then they tend to push their beliefs onto the other users. However then the skeptics push back with force and don't sound too happy ourselves about our beliefs. It just seems like an endless war.

Yea, I did say that, and deleted the post. (It was actually in another thread yesterday in the Science Section about how OBE's are real and Lucid Link pissed me off :lol: I can laugh about it now and no harm was done). I thought is was harsh the way I worded it, and I didn't want to stir up trouble. But that's the gist of it, and just felt I should have chosen my words better so I wouldn't fuel the fire and become what I was against. I stand by it and have seen so many Lucid Dream vs Astral Projection debates before and it truly is a pointless, endless battle.

But the main question is, why would anyone even want to master Astral Projection, or be a psychic communicating with spirits on another plane, and remote view, and have bona fide OBEs, and have precognition, do 'soul retrievals', deal with Tulpas, have a Kundalini Awakening and all that? Does it make you a happier person? I don't think so.

I think the need to do all that comes from an inner desire to feel special. We would all love to have super-powers, above 'regular humans' who just plain old lucid dream. But even if it was all true, it's a burden, and be careful what you wish for.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 16 Jun 2014 00:58

I couldn't have said it better, Hagart.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “For Beginners”