Had my first FULL-ON LD!

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
LD43081

Had my first FULL-ON LD!

Postby LD43081 » 15 Jun 2014 12:58

It was pretty cool! :)

Not going to go into the whole dream (although some of the interactions with my dream characters could probably use some analysis), but there was no real "dream sign" or "reality check" which I guess makes this DILD, although I've been practicing MILD>

Anyway, in the dream some stuff happened that led up to my dad (who passed away from brain cancer two years ago) being in my car when the engine started and it took off. I reached out to grab the bumper and realized "If I'm in a dream, I should just be able to hold the car and pull it back" which is exactly what I did. I was able to reach into the car and put it in park. I have a DC that I DESPERATELY want to see, and I was getting ready to go find her, but my dad seemed sad, so I stayed and talked to him (knowing that as a DC he probably had something important to say). After I talked to him another DC showed up, and then another and then a third; all with increasingly unimportant reasons for keeping me from the DC I want to actually go find. In the end I could feel myself waking up from inside the dream. I tried to fight it for a couple second, but realized it was pointless and said "Ok, wake up then" which I did.

I'm curious if an of you experienced LDers have any insight or thoughts on what my DC's were up to. Are they just excited to finally be "let out?"

Very excited about this; it's been about three weeks of work. Totally worth it!

KungFuPanther

Re: Had my first FULL-ON LD!

Postby KungFuPanther » 16 Jun 2014 20:06

Hey! glad to here about your first experience!

About those DC's. Just remember that they are projections of different parts of your subconscious mind. Some totally worthless or seemingly useless parts. They may have something important to say, but unless you ask them first, they probably don't. So, whenever running into a DC that makes you feel bad for them, no matter who they might resemble, always keep your head. Ask them straight out if they have anything important to say, and if they don't, continue on with your main objective. You can figure out why they were there or acting the way they were after you wake up. Always remember: They are extensions of you. Dormant parts of you that you don't recognize, but nevertheless, you. Because your "Dad" initiated a chase in which you pursued him, he took on the form of trying to stop you, to keep you in one place. I'm no expert, but I would say that he was the part of you that wants to stay in the past, the regret of maybe not getting to know him better. But you have got to remind yourself that you lived that part of your life, sure there were bad times but the good ones are invaluable lessons that you can learn from, something that will shape you into a better person. That DC is the part of you that wishes he was alive. As hard as it may seem, you must tell yourself that he was alive. And that's all that matters. Remember the good. Learn from the bad. Let him go.

Also, never tried this but I heard it works: If you start to wake up, start spinning around and rubbing your hands. That should buy you some time. I think.

Hope I helped, and let me know if you have any other questions! :D
...You think that's air that you're breathing?

Dreamers Escape - Kman43759's LD Forum (IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS FORUM)
http://www.dreamersescape.boards.net/

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”