Cool initialization of LD - 3 of 3 attempts successfull

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
sovinek

Cool initialization of LD - 3 of 3 attempts successfull

Postby sovinek » 24 May 2014 16:24

Hi guys, I want to share cool how I got 4 lucid dreams of 3 attempts.

EVERYBODY can do this and you don't have to train your attention whole day at all...

Here how I got lucid dream or recognizing that I am in a dream:
- do something during the day like sport, work, whatever to get little bit more tired
- have a meal for a dinner as usually (my time was about 7,30 p.m.)
- lie down on your couch
- if your body is really tired then you will fall asleep
- then you probably wake up in 3 hours
- take pyjamas, clean your teeth and go to bed :-)
- now you probably get troubles to fall asleep again
- be patient and you will fall asleep soon
- now in your sleep there is much easier to recognize that something is wrong or you wake up into lucid dream immediately

Don't ask me how it works, but it works :-) I tried 3 times and 3 times I recognized something is wrong in the dream and once of it I woke up to lucid dream immediately...

Good luck and let me know how it worked

Goldkoron

Re: Cool initialization of LD - 3 of 3 attempts successfull

Postby Goldkoron » 24 May 2014 22:14

I imagine this works because you are waking up out of REM sleep from your nap, and then able to go directly back into REM sleep when you go to sleep for the night. It is certainly a good WBTB technique for those who have the time for a nap in the evening :)
Do a reality check

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 11 Jun 2014 06:34

Im going to throw out another reason why this could work is that you have broken up your normal routine... doing so can trigger many to have a LD as otherwise their bodies are following their same old usual habit and that includes not having a LD.

Its the same reason why some have a LD if rather then laying their normal way, they go to sleep laying on their back. (a break in the normal routine helps to have a different experience then their usual one)
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

KungFuPanther

Postby KungFuPanther » 15 Jun 2014 20:44

I will definitely try this out! I'm trying to get back into LD, it's been a while and I've only succeeded once or twice, but not fully awake in the dream. Does this work without use of a dream journal?
...You think that's air that you're breathing?

Dreamers Escape - Kman43759's LD Forum (IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS FORUM)
http://www.dreamersescape.boards.net/

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 15 Jun 2014 23:39

Yes, it will work for most people due to the REM rebound effect. The brain craves for REM once the cycle is interrupted. And the respite from sleep also allows the mind to refuel itself with the elixir of consciousness: a essential ingriedient to lucid dreaming.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

KungFuPanther

Postby KungFuPanther » 16 Jun 2014 15:24

3 out of 3 my ass...

I went to sleep last night at; wait, sorry, I LIED DOWN at 8:00 pm last night and tried to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was awake for at least an hour before I finally fell asleep. So then I woke up around midnight to one-ish, and I felt like it was going to work. I washed my face and prioritized the dream, got out my dream journal that I haven't used since last year, and after about 30 minutes I went back to bed. After that, guess what, I COULDN"T SLEEP. I stayed awake for hours TRYING TO FALL ASLEEP. Not only did it take me until the sun started coming up to fall asleep, but I DO NOT REMEMBER ONE FRIGGIN DREAM I HAD LAST NIGHT. So, I guess this is a failure.

I'm getting really frustrated. I've been working at lucid dreaming for over a year, and not one good solid success, not even a handful of half successes. I went to Rebecca Turner's Fast Track to Lucid Dreaming and that helped worth a pile of something you wouldn't want to step in. What about you guys? How long did it take you to have your first LD? HOW LONG have you been working at it? Is that amount of time really worth it? Can you lucid dream on a regular basis? How often? Please, go on, tell me how you're so much better at this than I am.

Dreamers Escape - Kman43759's LD Forum (IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS FORUM)

Goldkoron

Postby Goldkoron » 17 Jun 2014 01:16

KungFuPanther wrote:3 out of 3 my ass...

I went to sleep last night at; wait, sorry, I LIED DOWN at 8:00 pm last night and tried to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was awake for at least an hour before I finally fell asleep. So then I woke up around midnight to one-ish, and I felt like it was going to work. I washed my face and prioritized the dream, got out my dream journal that I haven't used since last year, and after about 30 minutes I went back to bed. After that, guess what, I COULDN"T SLEEP. I stayed awake for hours TRYING TO FALL ASLEEP. Not only did it take me until the sun started coming up to fall asleep, but I DO NOT REMEMBER ONE FRIGGIN DREAM I HAD LAST NIGHT. So, I guess this is a failure.

I'm getting really frustrated. I've been working at lucid dreaming for over a year, and not one good solid success, not even a handful of half successes. I went to Rebecca Turner's Fast Track to Lucid Dreaming and that helped worth a pile of something you wouldn't want to step in. What about you guys? How long did it take you to have your first LD? HOW LONG have you been working at it? Is that amount of time really worth it? Can you lucid dream on a regular basis? How often? Please, go on, tell me how you're so much better at this than I am.

It's not the technique that failed you. Some people are just naturally more adept than others at lucid dreaming, but even the most inable at it can succeed in starting to do it. Once you have your first LD, or second or third, the chances of you having more Lucid dreams increases, because you can naturally start to spot that you are dreaming easier. It's not an easy process, and you have to set your mind to it every night for a long time. Don't force yourself to fall asleep if you are awake enough to stay up through the night. The best way to correct your cycle is to let yourself get tired and start falling asleep at the time you want to.
Do a reality check

KungFuPanther

Postby KungFuPanther » 17 Jun 2014 03:09

So following this method, how long will it take me to have my first real, actual lucid dream? Please, I don't have forever. Believe me when I say this. Not like how other people say it, I literally do not have another year to get this right.

KungFuPanther

Postby KungFuPanther » 17 Jun 2014 03:27

I'm going to try this again. Wish me luck. Good night everyone.

GalMutzafy

Postby GalMutzafy » 21 Jun 2014 07:50

KungFuPanther wrote:3 out of 3 my ass...

I think it's not a good thing that you you have a rush to do it as soon as possible...

You are putting on yourself and your mind a lot of pressure to succeed in it and have lucid dreams, instead of relax and understand that in one day it eventually will come.

Maybe tomorrow, maybe next week or month, who knows.

The thing is, if you will calm down and keep trying to do it until you would find your right techniques, then in my opinion it will come, and not only one but many more.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”