My First Taste of Lucid Dreaming?!

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Dreamsphere

My First Taste of Lucid Dreaming?!

Postby Dreamsphere » 17 May 2011 15:53

Last night I decided to work on my dream recall more. I read somewhere about different foods, and decided to experiment. It was 12:00, and I got a snack. I had cheese, skim milk, a pickle, some salty crackers, and popcorn. These are some of the foods that are said to give more vivid dreams. While I define vivid as clear and realistic, none of my dreams were that. Although, I was able to remember fragments of 4 different dreams.

I woke up at 6:00, and recorded a couple of them, and then went to the bathroom. I went to sleep saying to myself "I will remember my dreams" During my second last dream, I dreamed my mom told me to do something, and for some reason I looked down at my hands, I didn't see anything out of the ordinary that I can remember, but somehow I decided I was dreaming! At first I was extremely excited, and though "I am dreaming!" but somehow remembered that I had to remain calm, and said to myself "STAY CALM!" I immediately calmed down, and either rubbed my hands together, or attempted to, and then my lucidity ended! I woke up in another dream scene, and all was like a usual dream...

I have been doing reality checks, and one of which is looking down at my hands. Although I didn't take many measures to induce the LD, I just wanted to work on my recall. I am not sure if I was truly lucid though, as that part of the dream was still pretty clouded.
I am an Engineering student, and have yet to experience a lucid dream. Currently on break, I am hoping to try and master the technique as it will give me some peace during the busy school year. Any advice or links are appreciated. Feel free to pm me.

jkemeny

Re: My First Taste of Lucid Dreaming?!

Postby jkemeny » 18 May 2011 00:46

I would say that qualifies as a lucid dream! Congrats! You had the correct idea...the trick is to stay calm and focused. Keep doing hand checks or reality checks in your dream to remind yourself that you are dreaming. Saying to yourself "clarity now!" is one way to remain lucid. Read Stephen LaBerge's "Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming" if you already hav'nt. Good luck!

Dreamsphere

Re: My First Taste of Lucid Dreaming?!

Postby Dreamsphere » 18 May 2011 00:54

yea, ive been working on the book, it is excellent and very scientific. Bad news, i dislocated my shoulder, and am on some meds, probs won't dream for a while!
I am an Engineering student, and have yet to experience a lucid dream. Currently on break, I am hoping to try and master the technique as it will give me some peace during the busy school year. Any advice or links are appreciated. Feel free to pm me.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”