Piecing The Void.

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
Oreh21

Piecing The Void.

Postby Oreh21 » 24 Jan 2012 10:01

I have had 4 precognitive dreams in my life, one of which i witnessed an event in its entirety. I heard of people having precognitive dreams before they occurred with me but like things of this nature you don't really fully believe anything until you experience it. I can't say anything else has had such an impact in my life. How was this possible?How could i see these events in my brain played out. Of all the possible explanations there is one that seems the most logical to me. Time is not linear. Our bodies are our anchors in time and obviously our vessels in the physical world. What you might refer to as your soul is what connects you with time. When your body has severed from the "soul" time has no boundary for that individual. In sleep state i believe your soul can somehow stretch forwards perceiving future information and projecting it to your physical body via dreams. For those of you familiar with famous sleeping prophet Egar Cayce, you are probably aware that he was able to put himself into a self-induced sleep sate in which he could relay answers to questions asked to him with uncanny correctness. I believe he was able to detach his soul from his semi-conscious body in this induced sleep state which is why he would return with no memory of the passed event. Although his physical body was right there answering questions his soul was not limited by time. This would also explain how he could sometimes answer a question before it was even asked, which many people regarded as mind reading. Nothing captivates me more then this subject, if you ask the same questions i would love to hear your opinions.

Snaggle

Re: Piecing The Void.

Postby Snaggle » 24 Jan 2012 12:12

1. You should not underrate chance as a factor, e.g. in Texas hold'em the odds of getting a royal flush are 1/649,739, I had 8 of them in my first 500,000 hands and am up to 14 of them in 2 million hands :D

2. I've read the complete readings of Edgar Cayce. He was not uncannily accurate. There's a huge amount of false information in his readings. Continental drift was proven in the 1920s ( though sneered at mainstream science for almost three generations) Cayce has his Atlantis in the middle of the Atlantic. California is suppose to be underwater now. Ancient Egyptian names even more so than Roman ones are very limited in number and he never used a real Egyptian name in any of his past life readings. There are many more examples, but when I encountered these i rejected the idea that he was any more accurate than say the people who fail to collect James Randi's million dollar prize.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Oreh21

Postby Oreh21 » 24 Jan 2012 19:56

You are right Cayce was not always correct in his answering. But the man is famous for a reason and its because he was able to answer a lot of questions with extra-ordinary results. I imagine like precognitive dreaming it was not always so blatant that he could see the event occur. Cayce was a perfect model to apply my idea, he is the only man in recorded history who could basically induce precognitive dreaming(I believe). Regardless Cayce was not my main point of the topic. As for the chance factor, i do not believe chance played any part in my precognitive dreams. Although i am sure of this because the connections are far to great, it would be extremely difficult for me to persuade you of this because of course you did not experience it. There for i ask to have an open mind and not chalk it all up to chance. I will probably post about my past precog dreams soon so you can get an idea of what chances would have to be in place for them to occur. I appreciate the feedback, here's a question for ya- assuming you somewhat believe in precognitive dreaming how would you explain how time could be perceived differently well sleeping opposed to how you or I perceive it right now conscious?

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 25 Jan 2012 01:31

Most psychics are very over hyped. Believers cherry pick the things they were right about and ignore the much great amount of things they were dead wrong about- Cayce is no exception to this rule.

I believe in precognitive dreams as I've had them, but it does not follow from that that I was really seeing into the future. Variance is a huge factor in anything and from small samples one can't conclude anything, except that maybe the subject is worth further study.

I don't believe this at all, but it could be that the future is all planned out as some have claimed. More likely even when one has a precognitive dream one has just had the equivalent of a waking intuitive flash one one has suddenly realized something, but done it instead as a dream.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Return to “Paranormal Activity”