Dream Meetings

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
WhyNotSmeagol

Dream Meetings

Postby WhyNotSmeagol » 17 Apr 2014 13:34

I heard once that while you are lucid dreaming you can see other dreamers. Lets say you fly around and you see your friend, who is having just a normal dream. I heard you can see others, but they appear like they are drunk, because they are not lucid dreaming. So I was thinking if maybe one day I would be flying around and saw my friend in a drunk dream state and then go talk to him. Would he remember me? Could I like tell him to remember a certain number like 12343 and then after he would get up, he could remember this number.
Lets say that I am a very good lucid dreamer. I can lucid dream every night. And I also have a friend who is as good as me, but he lives in another country, so I rarely see him. Could me and my friend lucid dream together and then meet in the dream realm?
When people say they have lucid dream sex, is that sex with dream characters they created? Or other people who dream? Or some spirits from the dream realm?
I myself am not very experienced lucid dreamer, so I don't know much about this kinda stuff. Maybe there is already a topic on this forum about this, but I didn't see it.
Equilibrium

GalMutzafy

Re: Dream Meetings

Postby GalMutzafy » 17 Apr 2014 16:34

It's called dream sharing, it didn't proven to be real, but you can think it's possible, and maybe in the future we can do it by intention.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

imaginecinema

Postby imaginecinema » 18 Apr 2014 03:29

That's a bit more in the realm of spirituality and new age than in science... but that's not to say that I denounce it- I actually believe in dream sharing myself. I just know that when I talk to people in dreams, and then talk to that person the next morning, they don't know/remember anything about it, and sometimes they dreamed something entirely contradictory. Which is why I believe dream sharing is extremely rare. I don't really think that there are spirits in the dream realm, but it is kind of tempting to believe that your dream characters have consciousness, due to the variety of conversations that you can have with them. In the last lucid dream I had, I was talking to this girl from my class, and then suddenly I realized I was dreaming and assuming I didn't have much time left in the dream, I took advantage of the situation and started making out with her. The next morning I woke up and wondered if she had had the same dream, but I had to convince myself that that was just a figment of my imagination and that she doesn't know anything about it, and it was really awkward sitting next to her at lunch and stuff because of that. Anyways, I hope that when I get married I have a wife who believes in a lot of weird stuff like shared dreaming so we can try to lucid dream together, but as the dream is probably generated within the mind, and in all likelihood not on some astral plane, it's unlikely- but still possible, and still cool to think about.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 18 Apr 2014 12:10

What you describe is more so for those who do OBEs rather then LDs. The people who are asleep who arent aware they are astral.. are like dazed and drunk or completely out of it and just float or stand around near their physical bodies in the astral plane.

On an even rarer level (many experience astral projectioners can meet others) .. very rare person, .. who was a natural telepath may be able to dream share at will. Ive had one dream share experience but then I also have had a few telepathic experiences too in real life. So maybe that helped me and the other, so we shared the dream??? My dream share experience was spontanous and actually caused by the other (my daughter) reaching out energetically to me. She was screaming for help in her dream (not physically but mentally). Anyway to share a LD is to like mind share.

I'd have no idea how to make a dream share happen other then to know that it helps having a strong energetic connection to the other. Where as meeting someone by astral projection, that I probably could do if I was working hard on it for a while and not the same level of connection I dont think would be needed (Ive connected with others during OBES in couple of different ways before).

If you do want to try to dream share.. make sure you both try to connect to each other at the same time (that seemed to be important when daughter and I had the spontanous experience). It probably also really helps if you are sleeping close by too and hence in same energy field. Other wise.. I rather suggest to try astral projection and getting in touch with each other with that while not in a dream state.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

WhyNotSmeagol

Postby WhyNotSmeagol » 18 Apr 2014 12:46

I got this idea when I was reading stuff about astral projection, so I guess this more of an astral thing then lucid. But I also heard many times, that LD and AP is actually the same thing.
Equilibrium

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 19 Apr 2014 01:04

imaginecinema wrote:That's a bit more in the realm of spirituality and new age than in science... but that's not to say that I denounce it- I actually believe in dream sharing myself. I just know that when I talk to people in dreams, and then talk to that person the next morning, they don't know/remember anything about it, and sometimes they dreamed something entirely contradictory. Which is why I believe dream sharing is extremely rare. I don't really think that there are spirits in the dream realm, but it is kind of tempting to believe that your dream characters have consciousness, due to the variety of conversations that you can have with them.

I agree with this; scientifically there's very little, if any, supporting evidence for mutual dreaming. It's nice to think it's real but it's also good to think logically about these things.

WhyNotSmeagol wrote: But I also heard many times, that LD and AP is actually the same thing.

There's divided opinion on this. I personally believe that they are the same thing, an AP being an intense and hyper-realistic LD (and as a result can be quite easily mistaken to be a higher-dimensional/spiritual experience). There isn't really any evidence either way, it pretty much comes down to burden of proof; do you want to prove an AP is a separate experience or do you want to prove that it isn't?
Dreaming is my drug

WhyNotSmeagol

Postby WhyNotSmeagol » 20 Apr 2014 20:50

Ok, I have another theory. When you lucid dream you can wish to see yourself in bed and you will actually appear in your bedroom on the astral plane (something like that). On astral plane are other spirits and energies,... so you can probably find another astral traveller. Again, you and your friend have lucid dreaming at the same time and you bought switch to astral plane and meet there.
Equilibrium

imaginecinema

Postby imaginecinema » 19 Jun 2014 02:19

Apparently the methods for astral projection and lucid dreaming are completely different. They're not the same thing, not even similar, you can't just slip from one to the other. Lucid dreaming is kind of about relaxing, losing consciousness and falling into a dream state. Astral projection is more about having a heightened consciousness and concentrating on leaving the physical body.

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 28 Jun 2014 16:08

imaginecinema wrote:Apparently the methods for astral projection and lucid dreaming are completely different

Well ... inducing astral projection is actually a bit like inducing a lucid dream. The WILD method is pretty much the same thing as inducing astral projection. I don't know, though--I've never had a very good astral projection experience. If I did, I'd probably be able to tell if it was a lucid dream or an astral plane.
Well said.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 28 Jun 2014 22:07

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 06:35, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

Return to “Dream Characters”