Dream Recalling..

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Lucid-Dreamer

Dream Recalling..

Postby Lucid-Dreamer » 25 Jan 2012 03:39

I'm terrible at recalling dreams. It's awful. The most in one month is about 5. The last one I can remember was on January 17th, and it wasn't even that vivid. I've tried so many things, from writing in a journal to waking up every 90 minutes. Even tried listening to the binaural beats. No luck. What should I do? And I'm a little too young to try herbs or anything like that...
"Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives" ~William Dement

KylePK

Re: Dream Recalling..

Postby KylePK » 26 Jan 2012 06:41

Lucid-Dreamer wrote:I'm terrible at recalling dreams. It's awful. The most in one month is about 5. The last one I can remember was on January 17th, and it wasn't even that vivid. I've tried so many things, from writing in a journal to waking up every 90 minutes. Even tried listening to the binaural beats. No luck. What should I do? And I'm a little too young to try herbs or anything like that...

I too have issues with dream recall. I write in my journal often about dreams, but rarely can write what my dreams were since I never remember them! I take fish oil daily and that doesn't seem to help, as rumor told me it would. If there is any way to help improve dream recall, I'd love to give it a shot. I feel that dream recall is one of my major barriers to the path of lucid dreaming.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Lucid-Dreamer

Postby Lucid-Dreamer » 27 Jan 2012 03:24

I heard that:

Before you go to sleep, set an alarm for 4.5 hours later. Then set more every 90 minutes until you wake up. I don't know why, apparently you'd be waking up in the middle of a dream, therefore remembering it. Trying that on the weekends.
"Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives" ~William Dement

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 27 Jan 2012 05:21

Will do! Thanks! I just wish there was some magic solution to make me remember my dreams lol. I want to remember them and I always think about them when I can remember them, I often try to interpret them, yet friends of mine could care less about their dreams but they remember them vividly. Big "wtf' moment for me!
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

SarahDank

Postby SarahDank » 27 Jan 2012 10:33

In your journal, are you writing down how you feel in the dreams you can remember?

jamjam

Postby jamjam » 27 Jan 2012 22:16

The magic solution is vitamin B6! It helps with recall and clarity!
Sweet dreams,
jamjam

Return to “For Beginners”