Please don't kill me...

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
kylikeit

Please don't kill me...

Postby kylikeit » 21 Jun 2014 13:44

I decided to join today because I had my first lucid dream last night, which I had been trying to do for ages.

Now here's where the title comes in.

It was a complete and absolute happy accident. I wasn't even trying.

Please don't kill me.

Basically, I got up at 2 a.m. and stayed up watching TV, playing games on my smartphone, etc. until 6 a.m. Then I collapsed on the couch and throughout the dream I saw dream signs. Towards the end, I noticed how unstable the dream was, and I did a reality check to make sure, though by this point it was quite obvious to me this was a dream. It did, of course, prove I was in a dream, but then I got so excited by it that the dream blew apart into a nightmare with a huge banshee and I woke up. I probably should have tried to hug the monster, but I didn't think to.

Please don't kill me.

Anyway, my name's Kyle and I'm 14. I'm really excited to enter the world of lucid dreaming!

GalMutzafy

Re: Please don't kill me...

Postby GalMutzafy » 21 Jun 2014 15:34

I don't understand, why you think we gonna kill you... (muhahahahaha)

Nah, just kidding, sometimes you get it spontaneously and sometimes by practicing.

Waking up or making your dream to fade away is the result of excitement and lack of experience.

As you will gain more and more lucid dreams and experience, you will learn to how to stop the dream from fading away.

Also there are some techniques to stabilize the dream if you would want to hear about.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 22 Jun 2014 00:57

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 03:10, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

arixiam

Postby arixiam » 23 Jul 2014 01:14

I think i wasnt born to lucid dream. I've known about it for about a year and a half know and attempted it on and off with no success :/ i'm going to keep trying new ways to try as you spends around half of your entire life sleeping. Why not use it too do fun things when it doesnt affect you and do all your successful work in reality. Win win i guess.

jdoe73034

Postby jdoe73034 » 03 Dec 2014 02:00

arixiam, lucid dreaming may not be a skill you're born with, but it can be learned. One thing to keep in mind is keeping a positive attitude. Lucid dreaming is based heavily on expectation, from reality checks to induction to controlling the dream world. No matter how long you've been trying, keep believing that it is possible.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

Return to “For Beginners”