A tip to stop a sleep paralysys!

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
James

A tip to stop a sleep paralysys!

Postby James » 25 Jan 2012 00:28

When your in SP your voluntary muscle system is seperated from your involitary (eg moving arm/heart beating). However there are a few exeptions.
The eyes and the lungs
I heard that if you do quite irregular breathing your bodyy recognises your awake so un SP's you (moving your eyes might make your body think your in REM)

I just thaught that I should share that with you guys.

(soz for spelling im on my ipod touch)
Was it worth it?

lifeisbutadream

Re: A tip to stop a sleep paralysys!

Postby lifeisbutadream » 25 Jan 2012 03:58

Sounds interesting! I haven't experienced sleep paralysis in many years, but when I was younger it happened to me quite often. There were some terrifying experiences I had while stuck in sleep paralysis. How I learned to escape the experience was by focusing my intent on "twitching" a body part (ex: finger, or toe). If I focused hard enough on it, I could get my finger or toe to move (even the slightest bit worked) and it ALWAYS woke me up immediately and got me out of the experience. If I had heard of the breathing technique, I would have tried it for sure. Now I don't experience it often at all, and if I do, I wake myself up. I personally don't like the feeling much. :)

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 25 Jan 2012 12:49

one of the variants on the SP experience is pressure on you chest or even choking making it impossible to use breathing during the worst SPE. Muscle atonia is not the same as SP, SP is a dream state inspired on by REM atonia. The question is how does one end a dream that is semi real? The answer is to end atonia. Atonia is not continuous it happens in pulses, so if one tried moving ones little finger one has the best chance of hitting one of the gaps in atonic pulses and ending atonia and hopefully also ending SP. Prayer might work too if one is having a classic old hag attack simply because it would take control of the dream.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

James

Postby James » 26 Jan 2012 18:27

[quote="Snaggle"]one of the variants on the SP experience is pressure on you chest or even choking making it impossible to use breathing during the worst SPE.quote]

if that happens your body will either do 1 of 2 things:
1) wake you up so you can breath
2) send a sygnal for your throat to open a bit more (this is when that little flap thing relaxes and blocks off the airway (when its only partially down the air makes it vibrate (snore))).

so anyway dont worry bout it
Was it worth it?

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 27 Jan 2012 14:31

James most likely those who combine SP with old hag are having a panic attack that has been transformed into their hag attacking them http://www.medicinenet.com/panic_disorder/article.htm#symptoms

But it's also possible that they have sleep apnea and really have stopped breathing. It's very unlikely to be about snoring and waking up might not happen either. Terror can kill and so can sleep apnea.
Last edited by Snaggle on 29 Jan 2012 06:31, edited 1 time in total.
- Syrio Forel

jamjam

Postby jamjam » 27 Jan 2012 22:30

Here we go again... :roll:
jamjam

James

Postby James » 28 Jan 2012 15:41

jamjam wrote:Here we go again... :roll:

Lol
Was it worth it?

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 29 Jan 2012 06:36

jamjam wrote:Here we go again... :roll:

One should not take medical advice from sleep researchers as they're not qualified to have medical opinions or base your opinion on your own SP experiences if they're not usually of the old hag type. The big one that's intense enough and lasts long enough to kill could be your next one if old hag experiences are a normal part of your SP.
- Syrio Forel

jamjam

Postby jamjam » 29 Jan 2012 20:01

You can believe what you want to believe... I'm not going to try to convince you anymore... :|
Sweet dreams?
jamjam

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”