Tulpas

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Summerlander

Re: Tulpas

Postby Summerlander » 18 Apr 2014 21:08

Well... :mrgreen:

An anarchistic Alexandra David-Neel, who absorbed Madame Blavatsky's enriched theosophy post-Renaissance (and during the scientific revolution, mind you), would have contended that some tulpas eventually become objectively real if they are reinforced enough by the power of thought. In other words, according to the mystic, tulpas only exist subjectively in their infancy, then, with time, they develop a mind of their own and break free from their owner.

And, being a Freemason, David-Neel (like many spiritualist individuals who thrived in her time) would have believed in a Grand Architect, or God, if you will, which is, after all, the greatest tulpa of all time. The Almighty Tulpa is believed by many to be real, to interfere in human affairs, to influence the physical world, and to be of a supernatural nature. In fact, this mighty tulpa not only moves mountains, it is also our Creator, kept alive in thought, memory, and revelat... ahem, hallucination. Great stuff!

One might ask David-Neel, if one could, why is it that the Grand Architect is not realer than real by now seen as so many people have thought about Him for so long, and have tried to summon Him with every method possible. In fact, with so many versions of gods and deities, why don't we have many going around? Or are they only suspiciously visible to their human makers? So far, we only have second-hand revelation, or, to sum, an obvious absence.

Now, I would be inclined to defend HeadlessScorpio against David Neel's borrowed ideas. I don't know about tulpas becoming sentient, I've never seen one - much less come across evidence that one became independent! If I did, I'd contact a physicist hungry for the Nobel Prize and have the phenomenon named after me. 8-)

It also seems to me that the modern vernacular would describe the aforesaid phenomenon as being exactly what it is: imaginary friend, imaginary pet, imaginary talisman etc.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Apr 2014 15:11

Summerlander wrote:And, being a Freemason, David-Neel (like many spiritualist individuals who thrived in her time) would have believed in a Grand Architect, or God, if you will, which is, after all, the greatest tulpa of all time. The Almighty Tulpa is believed by many to be real, to interfere in human affairs, to influence the physical world, and to be of a supernatural nature. In fact, this mighty tulpa not only moves mountains, it is also our Creator, kept alive in thought, memory, and revelat... ahem, hallucination. Great stuff!

That's part of the reason I came to believe in God as to my beliefs.. he must be a very powerful energy in the very least due to all the energy us humans direct at it. Who knows, maybe some people do have God miracles created by this group tulpa creation.

Im into all the powerful Masters and gods/godnesses etc for that reason and have no quarms at calling for help from various beings if needed.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 05 May 2014 09:43

A bit capricious of Him to choose to "reveal" Himself by way of flawed and self-contradictory books and yet do His best to evade scientific scrutiny.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 08 May 2014 06:07

I was still just thinking about how I was going to create her and to my shock I'd already brought her into existence (she suddenly started speaking to me). I'd spent about an hour that day thinking about the being I wanted to created.. writing down the qualities I wanted a being I would create to have (I already knew some about this stuff so wasn't researching but getting just ready to try it out). I didn't even intentionally create her. Suddenly I could feel her there beside me and she spontaneously started talking to me (I hadn't even tried to give her a voice..as I said I was still just trying to think of what kind of being I wanted to create, what qualities)....

So anyone with strong manifestations skills BEWARE (I know someone other then me said they had strong manifestations skills at this site).. and beware putting a lot of time and effort into this for those of you who don't.. as you may succeed and end up with big troubles....Why in heck would I have a another Tulpa (a very powerful one) in which I haven't made this lifetime?? where on earth would it come from? The only way i could explain such a thing is if I'd made a Tulpa in a past life who was with me this lifetime??? Ive no idea.. Ive never heard of anything like that happening. (I wish I knew some powerful Tibetan Yogis to ask about this stuff . Can one have a Tulpa from a past life?) Maybe in the future when I get into this again, I will communicate with those other two and find out what is going on, who they are, where they are from (which could be interesting as that sorceress if it was her, can speak in another tongue which I don't know). Her Tulpa (a very powerful one) in which I haven't made this lifetime? Where on earth would it come from? The only way I could explain such a thing is if I'd made a Tulpa in a past life who was with me this lifetime??? I've no idea.. I've never heard of anything like that happening. (I wish I knew some powerful Tibetan Yogis to ask about this stuff .. Can one have a Tulpa from a past life??) Maybe in the future when I get into this again, I will communicate with those other two and find out what is going on, who they are, where they are from (which could be interesting as that sorceress if it was her, can speak in another tongue which I don't know). - Taniaausti1, slightly edited

Tania Tulpa are not "energy beings"; they're waking dream characters that one has intentionally created. They're no more real than any dream character and just like any dream character one can lose control of them or never have control at all. A Tulpa from a past life can exist; but it's just a memory form from that life time and not something real

[this all assumes reincarnation is real and that Tibetan Tulkus are not lying about having unbroken consciousness from their past life; but there's ton of fraud in Tibetan Buddhism, as in all religions.]

Tantric Buddhism/Vajrayana teach or try to teach everyone to create consciously dream images/people. Normally starting with some benign protective figure (mine was Sita Tara), though these Mental creations are just that and known to be illusions. You're mixing together theosophic occultic dung with real Vajrayana yoga that was not claimed to be received "telepathically from the White Brotherhood in Tibet (ROFL). The religion wrapped around the yoga is false; but the yoga is real [most of the time, the rest it's an obvious fraud].

There are only the bad things I know about, how what I did affected me.. who knows what other ways what I did did (I have terrible health and I wonder at times if my energy is being fed upon by the sorceress who took my Tulpa.. maybe that is why I have ME/CFS? and have over 90 different other illnesses and things with it.. who knows. All I know is I did that and my heath is shocking now)... I'm only a novice to chaos magick and all that servitor/Tulpas stuff so maybe there is a whole lot of other stuff this could of done to me.

They also have no realization at all there (in their guide section they disputed this) that messing with that stuff CAN end up also causing psychological issues, they don't recognize if they end up scaring themselves stupid if one went rogue on them.. the fear and stress itself a rogue one could create could end up giving a person psych issues. Just imagine being terrorized night and day by a rouge thought form being which you cant get rid of and which is doing its own thing even if it cant harm physically, there is a ton of damage it could do mentally e. g. triggering your subconscious to flood you were terrible images of your past etc etc. Standing over you at night with a knife (though it cant cut you) just imagine trying to get to sleep each night with a thing with malice and hate in its eyes looking down at you holding a knife etc are you going to end up sleeping well with that?
and the impact of them can be energy draining on too (so risk of lowering immunity and making one ill)...The Tulpa is not much different (though I'm not sure what energy it actually consists of.. mental energy combined with astral energy????? I guess people doing this stuff who aren't usually psychically inclined, attune themselves into the energy of their creations due to their persistence at wanting to see them. A good psychic who can see energy could actually see these thought form creations of others (like as if the things are real.. and perceive them in the same way too).

Tulpas, like lucid dreaming are slightly dangerous. If one belives the Old Hag is real she can kill the people whom are afraid enough; but as a rule of thumb one is not going to be really harmed by a Tulpa or Old Hag and almost certainly not if one knows what they are.

Wicca is not serving you well with it's "cones of power".

Summerlander wrote:And, being a Freemason, David-Neel (like many spiritualist individuals who thrived in her time) would have believed in a Grand Architect, or God, if you will, which is, after all, the greatest tulpa of all time. The Almighty Tulpa is believed by many to be real, to interfere in human affairs, to influence the physical world, and to be of a supernatural nature. In fact, this mighty tulpa not only moves mountains, it is also our Creator, kept alive in thought, memory, and revelat... ahem, hallucination. Great stuff!

The Great Architect is not God; but Lucifer/Rex Mundi. Most of the big occultists of the 19th century were very high level Freemasons and gentlemen like Aleister Crowley and his disciple Gerarld Gardner [creator of the Wicca religion] or even the Golden dawn or Theosophy [which openly worshipped Lucifer and regarded him as the "Good Guy" and God as the "Evil One".
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 08 May 2014 12:23

If you want to become a Freemason today, you are required to believe in God, or some sort of deity - which is then translated into "The Grand Architech." This from the Freemasons themselves. Visit one of their temples if you don't believe me.

And no, lucid dreaming is not dangerous and the "old Hag" doesn't kill anyone. People die in their sleep from other underlying physiological conditions which are not shared by everyone, such as cardiac arrhythmias and apneas.

Also, past-life tulpas cannot exist either because, er...reincarnation is a load of cobblers! :-D

And, despite neither of them existing, Satan is certainly more likable than God. The devil is the corageous revolutionary, the audacious promethean rebel who defies the autocracy of God. The one who invites us not to repress the urges of temptation that God obtruded us with in the first place, but to act them out or express them in some way for better or for worse.

- Padmasambhava

Archer

Postby Archer » 25 Jun 2014 21:40

Well this thread is a load of [insert undesirable substance here].

So first, we start off with taniaaust1's creepypasta which I highly doubt the validity of, being how it's both discouraging and outrageous. Then we get into some offensive conversation about religion which had nothing to do with the topic.

As someone who has had tulpas for six or seven months now, I can affirm that they only have as much power as you allow them to have. Do you not want them to posses you? They won't. Do you not want them to separate from your consciousness, materialize, and kill you? They can't. They are a thought form, or as someone earlier put it, a super-advanced imaginary friend, and not some energy forms or whatever you guys think they are. Like lucid dreams, they can answer questions, give second opinions, and help you to access your subconscious. Mine have only been beneficial to me for all this time.

And hardly anyone will see my explanation because they'll be stopped by the creepypasta on page one. So if any of you have any questions, please ask me before taking the rest of this thread as fact, because it basically represents the entirety of all the misconceptions about tulpas. I almost feel like making a second, more correct thread about tulpas.

AceOfSpades wrote:I know this thread is pretty much dead, but I was wondering is there such thing as an Opposite of a Tulpa. Like something that appears, because you don't believe in it?

I would call that going mad.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 26 Jun 2014 01:28

Religion has a lot, if not everything, to do with tulpas, actually! It features in Tibetan Buddhism as a belief. It implies a supernatural origin. And it demands belief without evidence as a prerequisite in order to be able to subjectively experience one. (Not to mention God, Santa, and Peter Pan as enforcers of unreason too!)

Tulpas don't exist. They are not real. Only imaginary. But they can graduate to the higher echelons of hallucination in some individuals. If you don't want to call them mad, you can use the "deluded" euphemism. B-)

- Padmasambhava

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 26 Jun 2014 20:14

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 06:31, edited 3 times in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 03 Jul 2014 06:30

Archer, as you're a single poster you're unlikely to see this or reply...still.

So first, we start off with taniaaust1's creepypasta which I highly doubt the validity of, being how it's both discouraging and outrageous. Then we get into some offensive conversation about religion which had nothing to do with the topic....As someone who has had tulpas for six or seven months now, I can affirm that they only have as much power as you allow them to have. Do you not want them to posses you? They won't. Do you not want them to separate from your consciousness, materialize, and kill you? They can't. They are a thought form, or as someone earlier put it, a super-advanced imaginary friend, and not some energy forms or whatever you guys think they are. Like lucid dreams, they can answer questions, give second opinions, and help you to access your subconscious. Mine have only been beneficial to me for all this time.

Tania certainly is an occultist and has mixed together her religion (Wicca) with real Tulpas; but that does not make her points about them being dangerous untrue. They're dream characters created and brought into the real world; one can lose control of dream characters and they can be hostile and yes,
they can kill one due to intense emotion. Short youtube video (5.44 minutes) Can You Really Be Scared to Death? at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc40k4tFfsk Old hags kill thousands (very conservative claim) of people whom believe in them every year - despite just being dream characters. To give you a personal example I've possessed dream characters most of my life and thought they had no power either to resist my possession of them or expel me - it took only one doing that to prove me wrong. Just because no one has ever tried to murder you or murdered someone you love does not mean there are no murderers. Telling people what Tulpas really are and are seen as in Tantric Hinduism and Tantric Buddhism reduces or maybe even eliminates any chance of them harming one; but if one believes them to be real ones chances of them harming one or killing one goes way up.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
by Summerlander » 26 Jun 2014 01:28
Religion has a lot, if not everything, to do with tulpas, actually! It features in Tibetan Buddhism as a belief. It implies a supernatural origin. And it demands belief without evidence as a prerequisite in order to be able to subjectively experience one. (Not to mention God, Santa, and Peter Pan as enforcers of unreason too!)

Tulpas don't exist. They are not real. Only imaginary. But they can graduate to the higher echelons of hallucination in some individuals. If you don't want to call them mad, you can use the "deluded" euphemism.

Summerland

This is a fairly ignorant post and sounds much like what many psychiatrists were saying about lucid dreams before they became popular.

Tulpas exist both in Hinduism and Buddhism ( in their Tantric forms anyway). Learning to visualize and pull a dream character into the real world is a type of yoga, just as lucid dreaming is - they're just the opposite sides of the same coin, less powerful visualization is used in the martial arts and can have a real impact on the real world. Summerland you do realize you've called yourself "mad" here. You believe that you're really awake during sleep paralysis and have seen numerous old hag figures while in SP. Countless believers have incubated visions of their gods, angels, saints appearing to them in the real world does not make them crazy (even though they're completely wrong about their experiences ;) )
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 03 Jul 2014 12:20

Snaggle: The difference is that I don't believe the hags I experience in SP are real. Anyone who believes that their waking hallucinations have an objective existence is deluded.

And saying that Tulpas "exist" in Hinduism and Buddhism, or that some form of yoga strengthens the visualisation of hallucinations for that matter, does not equate with Tulpas objectively existing!

Do you know the definition of a tulpa according to Tibetan Buddhism, Snaggle? Look it up and then try not to mince your words or distort semantics. B-)

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”