I have only successfully done it once.

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
ThunderArk

I have only successfully done it once.

Postby ThunderArk » 25 Jun 2014 16:37

I have been trying the process of lucid dreaming for about a year in total. Taking breaks here and there for a loss of hours in sleep. I just had a lucid dream yesterday. I don't want this to go away. I was in my bed, laying down. I was incubating a lucid dream. I was completely relaxed, and it felt as i woke up in real life but there it happened. I looked at my tv and it was all fuzzy. I did a reality check, then i realized it was a dream. Yet to realize i couldn't control that much and wasn't expecting to sense it was my first. Now all i want to know is how do i repeat this without it going away completely. Thank you if you leave a rsponse and i could really use the information!

GalMutzafy

Re: I have only successfully done it once.

Postby GalMutzafy » 25 Jun 2014 23:36

ThunderArk wrote:I have been trying the process of lucid dreaming for about a year in total. Taking breaks here and there for a loss of hours in sleep. I just had a lucid dream yesterday. I don't want this to go away. I was in my bed, laying down. I was incubating a lucid dream. I was completely relaxed, and it felt as i woke up in real life but there it happened. I looked at my tv and it was all fuzzy. I did a reality check, then i realized it was a dream. Yet to realize i couldn't control that much and wasn't expecting to sense it was my first. Now all i want to know is how do i repeat this without it going away completely. Thank you if you leave a rsponse and i could really use the information!

So first of all congratz on your first lucid dream!

So all you have to do is start to write your dreams every day in a dream journal, which will help amazingly to increase your dream recall and vividness of dreams.

Start do reality checks, like 10 every day, but I see that you did in your dream so it's good you are familiar with it.

And if you want pick a method, you have MILD, WILD, WBTB and etc, but my favorite is WBTB in which you sleep for 6 hours, wake up for 30-60 minutes (with time you would learn which time is comfortable for you), in the meanwhile you can read your dreams from your dream journal or read about lucid dreaming in books or the internet, and then go back to sleep.

Good luck, hope I did help you.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

ThunderArk

Postby ThunderArk » 26 Jun 2014 22:23

I will take this advice. I mean i had a dream journal, and more frequently it's been use full when i wake up. When i had the lucid dream it felt as though i didn't have full control, is there a solution top that, or is it going to come with more practice?

GalMutzafy

Postby GalMutzafy » 27 Jun 2014 02:35

ThunderArk wrote:I will take this advice. I mean i had a dream journal, and more frequently it's been use full when i wake up. When i had the lucid dream it felt as though i didn't have full control, is there a solution top that, or is it going to come with more practice?

More lucid dreams and experience - you will understand it more and control it more.

Also if you get lucid but feel the dream is kinda falling or not vivid enough, you can rub your hands, touch your dream surroundings or dream body, shout ''clarity now'', it should work.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

Rakitoti

Postby Rakitoti » 30 Jun 2014 16:33

Hi :D From what I know, what you're describing is a Layer 1 Lucid Dream (i.e, "IM LUCID! *wakes up*). The way you fix this, is (to my knowledge) to put your hands before your eyes, and then rub them together, and you will most likely stabilize the dream.
Lemme know if that answers your question. :D
In my first Lucid Dream, I became lucid by riding my "Cheese Bicycle",
and humming the words "Lucid Dreaming is fun".

Something is wrong.

ThunderArk

Postby ThunderArk » 02 Jul 2014 02:49

I haven't been on this in a week. I will try it!

Return to “For Beginners”