I have trouble preventing sleep before I get Lucid

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
jmol

I have trouble preventing sleep before I get Lucid

Postby jmol » 27 Jun 2014 00:16

Hello,

Something very frustrating that I run into when using the Sleep Paralysis Technique is falling asleep before I get Lucid. The problem is I always hear that for the Sleep Paralysis Technique to work you need to have a clear mind and focus on hypnagogia. The problem is I rarely get very vivid hypnagogia before I fall asleep. I usually will fall asleep before I have a chance of full paralysis (and vivid hypnagogia) and so I can't get a lucid dream in this situation. I am told to focus on hypnagogia but I always fall asleep out of relaxation. Should I think more actively to stay awake. Maybe if I did this my body would fall asleep as my mind works and then I would become lucid. Thanks for any advice!
-Jmol

Shibby30

Re: I have trouble preventing sleep before I get Lucid

Postby Shibby30 » 28 Jun 2014 20:33

Somewhere I heard for some other techniques to try a position that you don't normally sleep in. For me, it's on my back with one or both arms over my head. It at least works for SSILD beause you don't usually do it into sleep itself
theinnerroad.blogspot.com

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”